X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEFEAT, DEFEAT, DEFEAT every day.

Is anyone else frustrated with the alliance battles? I have NEVER won a single alliance battle. I have around 76,000 tags and level 47, so I know what I'm supposed to do. The enemies I am randomly given are simply too powerful, it's impossible. I love this game, but this alliance thing is a joke and makes me want to ditch the game for good.

I used to try all three battles every day, but just ended up frustrated. Nowadays I just start each battle and surrender immediately, as I think participation at least gets you the prizes the others in the alliance have won on your behalf, and it also provides some pleasure for the winner of the battles I surrender. Only 5 of our 31 members have scored at least one alliance win. This was the same for last season. Either our alliance is rubbish (Guns up Gods) or this allaince feature needs to be more entertaining/rewarding and challenging. At the moment, it's just a definite 3 losses per day.

Anyone having similar problems?
    Last edited by bubblebrain418; 04-10-2017, 05:30 AM.

I share your pain

I think I have only won about 4 matches in total since the alliance battles started

I always seem to come up against someone that has sniper towers shooting over rocks where return fire is impossible, or the maze of walls where the AI of your units keep going round in circles, and then there is the classic "sniper takes out your truck" scenario, always good for a laugh

Anyway, at least some of my team are clocking wins, keep going lads

Comment

• DrBGood
      DrBGood commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea, I call it the Tour of Glitch Bases. I am at level 53. Last season I had around 1200 alliance battle points, so far this season I've got 110 points. I've had a sniper tower take out my truck about three times, watched my troops run in circles for the whole battle several times, and I love those sniper towers that my troops won't return fire on. I'm sure I could win some of these battles, if I had about 10 focus fires. The main difference for me between this season and last season, is that I would go into battle with 10 gold tier vets. Now, I rarely even get vets to silver tier. I don't think I've got a single gold tier vet since the update. I don't get three red skull opponents anymore, and I've had two skull opponents with bases over 9,000 points. Last season it was very challenging. I didn't keep track, but it felt like I won 40-50% of my alliance battles. This season is more like one win in every four of five battles. This game used to be so much fun, but now it is so frustrating that it just pisses me off. I think there are more glitch bases, because alliance members are teaching their comrades how to cheat. The names are different, but many of the bases are virtually identical. Now players are tanking against easy opponents before alliance battles, so that they get easier match ups in the alliance battles. I'm just not into cheating, it makes for a hollow victory. I don't know why, but a lot of players will cheat to win at any cost. Often the cost is that they ruin the game they love to play. With regular battles, I can boycott known cheater/glitch bases, but with the alliance battles it seems like that is all I get. I guess it's time to find a new favorite game.

My account is level 44 and things are definitely tougher (but still in my view fair) for me than they are for my wife account at level 28. It was definitely easier for me to get lot of 3 star wins when I was level 41 (when season 1 started), enough to rack up nearly 2500 Alliance Points for the season.

I imagine at your level 47 or higher, things just continue to get harder as the opponent bases you face continue to get more challenging.

Comment

Yes, these are the true nightmare bases. You're NOT supposed to win all against true Nightmares. This is why a lot of people who have Nightmares bases go and make new accounts because most can create a nightmare base but can't defeat one.

Comment

According to TylerJenson - Welcome to the Nightmare Show! It's fair or unfair?

Comment

To achieve at least ONE alliance battle win would make it fairer!

Comment

I'm in your alliance bubble and i managed the 1 win the other day... its just ridiculous at this stage!!
            Games are suppose to be fun and alliance battles aint fun!
            Last edited by IcemanEire; 04-11-2017, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Seriously thinking of setting up my own alliance of losers!

Comment

• cusman
                cusman commented
                Editing a comment
                That's funny. That being said, wouldn't loosing enough eventually rank down the bases you face to be easier?

The alliance battles should not be easier for cheats and glitch exploiters. The bugs, glitches and match up system need immediate attention before all the genuine players leave. May the best cheats win. Enjoy your hollow victories.

Comment

i just want to copy this quote again, exactly mirroring my feelings. first season lvl 40 i could get 2/3 wins regularly. season 2 im lucky if i win 1 alliance battle each day. just too many issues to have much interest going forward.

glitch exploiting bases
                army ignores FF/flag
                AI pathing in circles
                snipers killing truck off screen
                rockets/bombardier with no reload perk killing an entire army alone
                disconnects in battle (only happens in this simple game!)

DrBGood commented

I am at level 53. Last season I had around 1200 alliance battle points, so far this season I've got 110 points. I've had a sniper tower take out my truck about three times, watched my troops run in circles for the whole battle several times, and I love those sniper towers that my troops won't return fire on. I'm sure I could win some of these battles, if I had about 10 focus fires. The main difference for me between this season and last season, is that I would go into battle with 10 gold tier vets. Now, I rarely even get vets to silver tier. I don't think I've got a single gold tier vet since the update. I don't get three red skull opponents anymore, and I've had two skull opponents with bases over 9,000 points. Last season it was very challenging. I didn't keep track, but it felt like I won 40-50% of my alliance battles. This season is more like one win in every four of five battles. This game used to be so much fun, but now it is so frustrating that it just pisses me off. I think there are more glitch bases, because alliance members are teaching their comrades how to cheat. The names are different, but many of the bases are virtually identical. Now players are tanking against easy opponents before alliance battles, so that they get easier match ups in the alliance battles. I'm just not into cheating, it makes for a hollow victory. I don't know why, but a lot of players will cheat to win at any cost. Often the cost is that they ruin the game they love to play. With regular battles, I can boycott known cheater/glitch bases, but with the alliance battles it seems like that is all I get. I guess it's time to find a new favorite game.
                Last edited by DKang89; 04-20-2017, 01:12 PM.

Comment

I played guns up the last year then I stopped because I needed the space for other games. A couple of weeks ago I retake this awesome game but now it's just too difficult to win... Alliance battles are just impossible to win... This game used to be so much fun, but now it is so so frustrating that it just pisses me off!

Comment

I feel the pain too. It seems I'm matched with bases way beyond my skill level (I'm Lvl 44). I't seems not so much the base power but the configuation that thwarts me. So very many are walled like Troy and cost your specials to blast through and the idiot troops ignore RFs in favor of suicide alley anyway. Of course, the drops are relatively useless for what you need to do. Then, most often, comes the classic cpu defend setup; bunker/tower/bunker/tower so tightly packed (parked as lvl 1, never moved, leveled up like crazy) with overlapping AAs behind and ranged troops support. Classic,effective, great for muni farming and tough for higher waves. Alas, it's how the game goes, but boring for them and frustrating for attackers. This is my first Alliance Season, thought I'd give it a go and hopefully earn those trophies. The first thing that slammed me was the matchup system.’Random’, I sincerely doubt that. I've discoved there are very many 'mini-me' accounts whose bases are kept very low powered begging to be defeated. Thus impoving the chances their (well funded) super armies can farm low level bases for alliance points. Does make one wonder, doesn't it, especially those of us who constantly get matched and defeated by Troy. Don't get me wrong, I know there are alot of players who really know their stuff, true Masters indeed. I hold very high respect and admiration for anyone who has sincerely mastered their craft. The next thing about Alliance Battles (huge issue for me) is blindness. You have no clue (intel) what your up against until you get there. It's way too easy to guess wrong about what to bring. Having a standard loadout (troops/perks/cards) may be helpfu with some base styes but probably not most. Unless you have the resources to max perk (hero perk too) your supertroops it's unlikely you'll be as successful as you think you should be. Of course, geting useful drops at the right time makes a difference too. Next: Alliance Battles are for alliance members. Stop matchups against non-alliance players. ’nuf said there. Imho, helpful adjustments for future Alliance Seasons: Abandon the current matching system in favor of the normal pvp system. If both player are Alliance members it's considered and scored as an Alliance Battle, otherwise it's a regular pvp encounter. In Alliance Battles there are three stars up for grabs by either side. Alliance points are awarded accordingly to whichever side earns them. Filter out mini-me players from being able to join alliances alongside their main account characters. I know that one is probably a programming headache due to how add'l accounts can be setup, but still would be nice although an alliance full of only (see above about mini-me and unrandom matching) them could possibly dessimate all. We also don't want to try to keep family members withsubaccounts from being in the same alliance. So maybe the whole 'filtering' idea is improbable, but you get my point about it. Clicking on Alliance Battle (as it exists now) should never match us with a non-alliance player (I've had them too). Put a reasonable cap on the number of permissible alliance battles per day. I know that can harm GU's business end but lets not have yet another 'pay to succeed' feature to the game. Given enough $$$ for gold and ultra packs, odds are I could buy enough battles and eventually get enough wins to snag that Platinum tier no matter how skillful any other alliance is. Just for everyone's fyi, I'm a Lvl 44, with a reasonablely powerful army and a 8600+ base. Currently I have only 120 alliance points (shame on me). My base is not a typical cookie-cutter stone wall etc type. It's designed to be interesting, fun as well as challenging. An adventure to experience, which can and does get defeated about 60% of the time. One last thought, if I may, please fix those glitches we've all been yapping about for so long now. You know exactly what I'm talking about too!

Comment

Sry about the duplicate, got some kind of mssg and wasn't sure if it got through. Now it won't let me edit out the dupe nor delete it. Also looks like my spacing, paragraphing etc was ignored too. Go figure, just another GU glitch I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Norsewolf View Post
                        Sry about the duplicate, got some kind of mssg and wasn't sure if it got through. Now it won't let me edit out the dupe nor delete it. Also looks like my spacing, paragraphing etc was ignored too. Go figure, just another GU glitch I guess.
                        You can edit and delete replies, but I think it depends on the browser you are using. Not all browsers support all features.

Comment

I can understand some of the frustration. However, I've been able to accumulate almost 2000 points this season. I almost always win every alliance battle. I do have to spend a tremendous amount of munitions on attack cards to get the ones i want though. As far as the "glitching"...it isn't necessarily glitching if it's built into the game mechanics. I didn't like the sniper towers over the rocks when i started seeing them, but decided as long as everyone else is using them, i wasn't going to deny myself the advantage. However, it becomes part of the strategy to defeat them. That's why you see everyone taking 2 or 3 focus fires, munitions cards, tac boots, etc. I'd be happy to see it changed so that the sniper towers don't behave that way, but until it is, I'm going to use it in my base. The circle bases where units just wander around is frustrating, and to me, in bad taste. However that can be defeated as well with the focus fires by destroying the walls that separate the lanes. Again, another element to form a strategy for. What does frustrate me immeasurably, though, is the troops ignoring the rally flags and focus fires just to trail down "suicide alley". That definitely needs to be fixed. It's bad enough that the odds are stacked with all the advantages the defender has, but rendering the specials inert is just cruel. Add to that the missiles sometimes not working, and it makes attacks very frustrating. Personally I have a 2:1 win/loss ratio for both attacking and defending and my average opponent is 1 red skull (nightmare skull, whatever its called). I'm not saying that to brag, as much as I am to show that winning isn't impossible. I still see the game as every base being a unique puzzle to solve. Some strategies and bases are more effective, and people copy them. However, they all have their weaknesses as well, and when everyone is using the same setup, finding that weakness means being able to defeat every copy of it. Anyway, you know what I'm saying. If anyone wants any individual advice, message me and I'll be happy to help.

Comment

• mendoza0206
                            mendoza0206 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            At lv46 your just beggining to taste some of the good nightmares. It's good to see good attackers such as you. Good attackers and good base builders is what make this game fun.
                        Working...
                        X