X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrel idea

Okay, this one seems obvious to me: There should be a third type of barrel, one that releases tear gas upon exploding. Think about the possibilites! Brilliant, amirite?

Bases equipped with Iron Lungs will certainly make good use of them

Comment

Nitrogen Barrel, Frost Bomb, Cold Resistance, Refrigerator Unit

I had also posted something a while back talking about a new type of barrel. It would have a similar effect as the toxic barrel where it wouldn't do much damage but would reduce movement speed, and possibly something like reload speed and accuracy since your fingers would be cold. You could make this 'Nitrogen barrel.....blue' which only makes sense and could counter act fire barrels and negate each other if they are in the same proximity. In fact since there are fire bombs then why not also make a Frost bomb which could have some of these similar effects that I mentioned above and this is leading into a even bigger discussion. Since there is no resistance to this type of element then why not also make a new perk that could increase your cold resistance. Let me guess...oh not very people would use this perk Mr__Yuck__ and it would kinda be pointless. It would be until GU! finally introduces my new Unit idea ​the 'Refrigerator' and this guy/girl would be similar to the chemist but have abilities like mentioned above. This would add a new dynamic to the game and could even slow down the firerate of buildings and such. I think that this would be an awesome addition into the game and I hope these ideas become implemented into the game.

Comment

• cusman
        cusman commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool ideas (no pun intended). Maybe the Refrigerator unit should be something that has been played by Arnold Schwarzenegger (like the Commando).

• Mr__Yuck__
        Mr__Yuck__ commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow you hit that right on the button (subliminal message from my vids maybe..). Yeah I was kinda thinking that with the whole 'Mr Freeze' back in the day. He be like "I'll put ya whole base on ice...yea yeah yelh yeahl ya".

• Chlaenius
        Chlaenius commented
        Editing a comment
        I really dig those ideas, Yuck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	1
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	1748

I like the idea of a "freeze" status. Along with troop movement speed, what do you think about it decreasing deployment cooldown if too many of the same type of Units are frozen? Perhaps even a cool "freeze" overlay on the affected Unit's deployment prompt letting your know they've been put "on ice" for the time being. What would be a good counter for this effect?

Comment

• Kumiankka98
        Kumiankka98 commented
        Editing a comment
        When the target unit gets frozen enough, it will turn into a ice cube! And will become stunned for couple seconds. Also Could we have a Ice Bullet hero perk?

• Mr__Yuck__
        Mr__Yuck__ commented
        Editing a comment
        First off let me say that is the exact Arnold I wanted in this post omg that is just the best. Next it is really nice to SD-PEER81 to look into this post am I would be extremely pleased if these ideas become implemented into the game, for all the reasons I mentioned above. As far as the affected deployment rate that might be a little too op. If the 'Refrigerator/Ice Man' froze a whole group of your units you might not be able to deploy any troops. Perhaps maybe just a slight cooldown wouldn't be too op just a couple seconds would be balanced. As far as a counter to this ability maybe there wouldn't be but you could still have a cold resistance perk to combat the slower movement speed and damage by the frost weapon. This could also mean that a new hero perk could be introduced as well Icy Shower, Cold/Frost Bullet or Shot. It could have some of the mentioned abilities above that I talked about and as long as it was balanced it would be super.......'Cool'. Thanks for taking an interest into these ideas and let us know SD-PEER81 if this idea might actually be a part of the game.

To counter the Refrigerator = Flamer. Seems logical to me!

Comment

Oil slick barrel or sticky goo barrel slow them down for a duration or cause accuracy issues lingering effect like toxic barrels

Comment

• Chlaenius
          Chlaenius commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, I would love the irridescent quality of those oil puddles! Maybe they should be slippery?
      Working...
      X