X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question For The Developers

Because I am a BIG NERD, I decided to do some statistical analysis on the various troops in terms of bang for the buck. Fire Rate x Damage x Accuracy divided by Deployment Cost. My question is in regards to the troops that deploy more than 1 at a time, namely: Grunts (5) , Assaults (4), Rangers (3), and Mercenaries (2). Do the numbers for fire rate refer to each individual, or to the group as deployed? In other words, does each grunt have a fire rate of 1.2, or do the 5 grunts collectively fire at that rate? Also, what does fire rate refer to, rounds per second? Also, it would be useful to know how many rounds each troop has in their magazine. That is to say, how many rounds each troop fires, before they need to reload.

Yes numbers all are in regard to each troop, I think troops deployed from hq/tent previously may have not had full clips to start, but I think that is different now. Do a few forum searches and you'll probably find what you need pertaining to clip size. I know bombardiers was increased some time after their range nerf last year this time. Plus, you haven't yet created an excel document to quantify everything yet, so nobody here thinks you're a nerd. If you do please share and we'll all think you are the coolest nerd evar!

Comment

Yes, I love nerds! Please don't hesitate to share your data and findings!

Comment

Originally posted by DrBGood View Post
        Because I am a BIG NERD, I decided to do some statistical analysis on the various troops in terms of bang for the buck. Fire Rate x Damage x Accuracy divided by Deployment Cost. My question is in regards to the troops that deploy more than 1 at a time, namely: Grunts (5) , Assaults (4), Rangers (3), and Mercenaries (2). Do the numbers for fire rate refer to each individual, or to the group as deployed? In other words, does each grunt have a fire rate of 1.2, or do the 5 grunts collectively fire at that rate? Also, what does fire rate refer to, rounds per second? Also, it would be useful to know how many rounds each troop has in their magazine. That is to say, how many rounds each troop fires, before they need to reload.
        The fire rate numbers refer to each individual Unit (e.g. each Grunt has a fire rate of 1.2). Fire rate refers to a shots per second average. Magazine size is a bit more tricky simply because these can be altered as necessary so any numbers we might give now could change at the developers' discretion in the future. I think the best way to determine these numbers most accurately would be simply to observe how many shots each Unit can make (without any stat altering Perks applied) from one reload to the next.

Comment

My research yielded very little fruit. Without knowing the number rounds in each kind of troops magazines, it is impossible to factor in reload speed. The limited data I had yielded results that don't bear out in play. For example by the numbers the Engineer looks like a monster, but he is not exactly a killing machine on the battlefield. I attribute this to his short range. By the numbers, the Rocketeer looks ineffective, but there is no way to factor in the splash damage, when he takes out a cluster of enemies. Based on my experience attacking powerful bases, I'd say the key stat seems to be range. Snipers and Sharpshooters can kill enemies before they even get in range to return fire. Assaults have a high damage per second rate, but due to their short range are often ineffective. Grunts look to be the best buy, by the numbers, but they get mowed down like grass in combat. Mercenaries who were once very powerful, have been reduced, and the numbers for them look bad, but they still seem relatively effective in combat, perhaps, again, because they have decent range. I wish I could get all the data, because it would be fun to have a better picture of the troops relative values. There are other factors at play that can be game changers too, such as health and special abilities like the Medic's healing, or the Sergeants added damage and accuracy for adjacent troops, or the Colonel's focus fire. Also the dynamics of each combat situation come into play, such as bases with long open stretches, where the sniper's range has the advantage vs. tighter, more labyrinth-like bases.

Based on the formula: troop# x fire rate x damage x accuracy / deployment cost = Bang for the Buck. I used Max Fire Rate & Max Damage perks and Level 4 (purple) Minimum Wage perks for my analysis, here are the numbers:

Troops Damage/$

Grunts 8.53
          Assaults 7.79
          Grenade Launcher 1.18
          Medic 1.25
          Engineer 4.85
          Flamer .59
          Rangers 5.04
          Sniper 1.49
          Machine Gunner 2.91
          Rocketeer .26
          Riot .01
          Commando 5.69
          Bombardier 3.78
          Mercenaries .69
          Sharpshooter 2.13
          Sergeant 2.08
          Colonel 1.11
          Surgeon .40

As you can tell these numbers are a bit meaningless in the absence of critical data, namely rounds in the magazine for each troop, reload speed, and of course the value of superior range. By these numbers the Surgeon is a better value than a Rocketeer in terms of damage for the dollar, but we all know that is not the case on the battlefield. By this analysis, Riot troops seem useless, but most players know how valuable they can be by taking damage for the team. I'm curious to hear what my fellow numbers nerds might glean from these stats.

DrBGood

Comment

Working...
          X