Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buff Mercenary! Reduce his deployment cost to 200 from 250!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buff Mercenary! Reduce his deployment cost to 200 from 250!

Do it now! Mercenary is a weakling! Merc is almost as weak as the Assault!

What role is Mercenary supposed to fill that isn't done better by Rangers on the expensive but worth it side and Grunts on the cheap but worth it side?

I think both Mercenary and Assault don't get used because the Rangers and Grunts out-class them respectively while being worth the Munitions more.

Comment

• Kumiankka98
      Kumiankka98 commented
      Editing a comment
      Indeed! You win! ALSO remember when Merc used to have some recoil in his assault rifle? You do? So do i!

• cusman
      cusman commented
      Editing a comment
      I came to the game after the Mercenaries received whatever nerf they did. Never knew when they were "good". I really haven't bothered using them much aside from earning their Medal which was quick and easy. Man, the Chemist Medal takes some real time dedication.

Exactly. The mercenaries need some type of re-vamp to bring them back close to their glory days. They used to be the juggernauts of GU! After their first nerf they were semi-balanced, yet their second nerf made them obselete. One Ranger with the right perks can take on two to three mercs with the same perks. Do Rangers need to get nerfed? Please don't. The solution is buffing out the mercs to where they represent their true "hero" status.

Comment

• Kumiankka98
      Kumiankka98 commented
      Editing a comment
      Second nerf was UNNECESSARY! Do you wanna know why they gave the merc a second nerf? Because they wanted to have Merc to use the ENDLESS CLIP hero perk to be usefull! Mercenary has the most useless clip size in his assault rifle. Mere 15 bullets in a big rifle magazine! This is bullcrap! But hey maybe the Merc forgot to fully refill his rifles clip, so it only has half of the ammo its clips used to have?

I still use Mercenaries primarily because they have better range than Rangers. In Guns Up range is king. Just look at how most of the top level bases are fully stocked with snipers. If you are dead before you can return fire, who cares how much fire power you have.

Comment

Yes, now with hero perks and Vets, Mercs need to go back to their before nerf status.

Comment

DrBGood, mercenaries do have range, but you cannot compare them to snipers. And as I've said, my rangers, with 5 less range, average 2 to 1. (kill to death) against mercs.

Comment

• Kumiankka98
          Kumiankka98 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mercenaries are quite inaccurate without Ultra accuracy perk. Even if they have the medal unlocked!

• cusman
          cusman commented
          Editing a comment
          Range is a huge advantage in plain field where it is unit vs unit, but when your troops are so dumb that they would rather round the corner to hit some passive structure than shoot at things actively killing them that are in range it doesn't really matter.

• DrBGood
          DrBGood commented
          Editing a comment
          Cusman, I agree. I especially hate when my row of riots, who are supposed to be blocking for the rest of my army run back to attack a useless anti-aircraft installation with their stun grenades, leaving the rest of my army vulnerable. I have been saying for a long time that we need more control of the attacking army beyond just a handful of specials. There should be a bypass command for structures and troops. I also feel like rally flag should be more like a set of three flags. I don't know how many times I've rallied troops to a location, they get half way there and then turn around and run the other way. There simply is not enough control of the troops to make you feel like you are in command of the battle. Target priority would be a nice option. When your army is getting mowed down by a platoon of snipers, while they are shooting at one of seven anti-aircraft installations, you have to wonder what's the point?
      Working...
      X