Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good is a rocketeer? (Compared to grenade launcher)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good is a rocketeer? (Compared to grenade launcher)

Hi guys,

Thinking about unlocking the rocketeer soon, but the stats compared to the stats of a grenade launcher seem pretty bad compared to price/deploy time.

Are they worth using instead of grenade launchers? Or maybe use them both?

Thanks in advance don't want to waste 400k ammo

If you want to take out a dozen or so grunts with one shot then the rocketeer is the guy

Can't manage without him

Comment

Rocketeer is great as attacker and defender. Deploy price and time can be mitigated with perks and medals. As a defender it is deadly to invaders, but it is the most vulnerable to decoys. As attacker it does huge damage but tends to run up to its target despite its long weapon range.
      [URL="http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img922/7162/xeCzCI.jpg"]H TAN H EπI TAΣ[/URL]

Comment

• cusman
        cusman commented
        Editing a comment
        I personally think Flamer is most vulnerable to Decoys. The Rocketeer to me is 2nd most vulnerable to Decoys.

I use Rocketeer for defense. I don't use them for attacking much (since getting Commando), but I do think they are better for attacking than Grenade Launchers, but you have to be very mindful of the deployment cost. If you have a level 3 or higher Minimum Wage Perk, then you can probably mitigate most of that high-cost of use risk. I think one of the Medals also makes them cheaper (to deploy), but you will have to use them a bunch before you have that Medal.

Comment

Thanks for the answers guys, I guess ill just save up for it and try it out. Got a 3 perk minimum wage but got it on my rangers, could swap that out for a 2

Comment

Rocketeer is better! Dead bodies fly higher.

Comment

I had forgotten what a game changer Rocketeer can be when you first get them. Playing on my wife account, I unlocked them and went on an explosive rampage. Great fun, and lots of Alliance Points.

Comment

At low levels stick with the Assault and the Medic;

Assault should have HEALTH > DAMAGE > FIRE RATE

Medic should have SPEED> Something > Something
              * I tend to put in the Minimum Wage and the Rapid Deployment perks.

Also drag the Grunts along as a backup plan to defend your truck and earn a few munitions to keep fighting in case it fails.

BUT:

If your moving towards level 20, you should consider bringing some snipers along with you.

MAKE SURE YOU UPGRADE YOUR PERKS FOR THE CAPITALIZED CARDS LISTED ABOVE..... ULTRAS ARE THE NIPS

PM if you need more detailed advice and we can hook you up in voice chat.

Cheers.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_1960_1491505723290_748[/ATTACH]

Comment

I'm still pretty new to the game, but this has been my strategy for the past many levels. Rocketeer is great to use to get veterans of, than use them for base defense at choke points. They are great to use when attacking, but I actually prefer to use grenade launchers with a level 3 Rapid Deployment/Minimum Wage/Damage perk. They will deploy SUPER fast and you can get like 6 to 1 on the rocketeers. In my opinion the larger group of Grenade Launchers are much better attacking than a few Rocketeers.

Comment

Working...
                X