X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some guys have all the luck. Some guys have all pain. Some guys get all the breaks. Some guys do nothing but complain. Which one are you? - rod stewart

Comment

• Agent_Marx
      Agent_Marx commented
      Editing a comment
      I was only joking my dear LOL

• SD-PEER81
      SD-PEER81 commented
      Editing a comment
      First a Camouflage reference, followed up by Foot Loose & Fancy Free...you're making my day!

• ArchaicLotus
      ArchaicLotus commented
      Editing a comment
      Well Marx, let's break it down. All pain? Hmm, that's a deep one, not revealed in the forums. All luck? Those legendary packs and unit crates, sometimes they rock, sometimes I wasted keys. Nothing but complain? Yeah the bugs are annoying, and the lag is horrible, but I encourage most players that struggles, and defuse heated arguments. Get all of the breaks? Aside from life, blue screen.

Maybe you replied to the wrong person, because if you didn't then Rod stewart's song doesn't fit. I like him as a person a lot, but not his music.

For players like me, that just play for a very few hours a day, alliance battles was a chance to get some better perks. But top players are not on AB for that, they are on AB for platinum.

I'm still playing everyday, not so much as I said, and really trying to have fun playing GU! but when you NEED/MUST create another account to play and win, it's clear that this is not a game anymore.

I could play with my son's account, a really smurf account as you say, but I won't, I need to improve MY account and my gameplay.

See you around Lotus, it was really nice to play with you.

Comment

• cusman
      cusman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, time is a commodity and I really only enjoy playing like 1 hour or so of Guns Up! per day, but during Alliance Season especially on weekend, I may play 2-3+ hours grinding away if I think I have a shot at next reward Tier (always silver, always chasing Gold).

The problem is each season my own fights have gotten much tougher, so while I had nearly 2500 points in Season 1, I had maybe around 2000 in Season 2 even while I probably played more. In Season 3, I am pushing even harder, but I am just under 1000 points still while some other in the Alliance are above 1000. I only got individual Gold badge in season 1.

It is sort of fine because I am definitely enjoying the tougher fights, but I know I get destroyed if I don't train up Veterans for Alliance / Nightmare fights and I also have to buy Attack Card packs until I get at least Focus Fire. Going in without Tactical Boots can be a coin toss still with my opponents, but at least 1 Focus Fire is necessary over relying purely on in-game drops / luck.

In Season 3, I have also played a bunch of my wife account who is more focused last couple of weeks of kids school and more important things like that while I for some reason really want a Gold Tier badge for our Alliance. Playing on her account is fun because her army isn't as strong as mine and she doesn't have any Hero perks, is always short on Munitions, and has just the two random Heroes she got while she remains a "free" player.
      Last edited by cusman; 05-23-2017, 05:14 PM.

• Spidermonkey-21-
      Spidermonkey-21- commented
      Editing a comment
      There he is again ladies and gentlemen, the one and only Mendoza!!! Yes,he did announce his retirement,but still compelled to cry right here once again on the forums of a game he said he plays no more!!! LOL!!! Check back tommorrow and you may get a glimpse of him again,if ya lucky!!! ( Ring Announcer voice )

• ArchaicLotus
      ArchaicLotus commented
      Editing a comment
      You too Marco. Love your attitude

@Spidermonkey you're pushing hard for a reaction from me to insult you aren't you? Or what you're really trying to do is steer attention away from the issue either way it's not working. You don't want changes because it benefits you and your alliance of cheaters.

Comment

• Spidermonkey-21-
      Editing a comment
      Not looking for reaction,just find you humorous!!! You cool cat you!!! BTW, Professionals are doing same thing,yet we're taking the flack and this all started with BurnDown!!! Sounds like an IMMORTALS witch hunt to me and nothing more!!! Hell,we are the ones that showed and told the devs about it and nothing was fixed or even acknowledged!!! Mendoozer, you nothing but a "I play no more,but still cry"!!!

Still going to hang tough and continue to push forward without making another account...Time for me is always short with my occupation I do. While it appears that one day I can roll and win most bouts...other days looks like I went thru a meat grinder myself losing all I have while breaking my controller (one already slayed). Still come back and see what others are saying to see if I can learn anything from their trials.

Comment

Developers are making bank with all these alt accounts, exploits. They ain't changing a darn thing anytime soon. Wouldn't be surprised if some of the alliances commanders are developers!

Actually attacking nightmare bases is challenging and made the game fun again. Took a break from AB to make improvements, and very soon doubt any alliance will take me.
      Last edited by YoshiOne69; 05-24-2017, 03:52 PM. Reason: Say hello to my wealthy friend.

Comment

It's about time to have this thread locked. It went into a direction completely unintended. And when you start knocking on Odytsak things have definately gone negative.

My intent was to convey how it was agitating for me to be the oldest member of Immortals and be pressured to leave to make room for alts, that's it.
        Why is it hard for this community to focus on issues...passion I suppose.

Comment

• cusman
          cusman commented
          Editing a comment
          The responses don't seem that off topic to me. The topic is use of alt accounts and competitive nature of Alliance Wars where even the top Alliances are opting to use whatever exploit suits them. It is inherently a game design / intention vs player behavior issue, but not one that I expect any of the developers to lose sleep over.

More alt accounts and competitiveness just means more Gold spending as people try to combat RNG to make their alt as good as their main. Plus all the potential Gold spend on additional "easy" Alliance Battles.
          Last edited by cusman; 05-25-2017, 07:03 AM.

• Spidermonkey-21-
          Editing a comment
          Oldest member " as you say " doesn't entitle you to not perform and reap benefits!!! Not all IMMORTALS are using multi alts, I for one play this account only and have plenty of points. I can't tell ya how many people have been replaced this season because of low performance as yourself. If i'm not able to contribute to Alliance and get kicked to make room for a better point gainer, so be it,but I won't start a cry topic on here to get everyone to talk crap about them to make myself feel better!!! First season you hollered about everyone needed to play harder,but YOUR points were low and never moved, if you want to start something, tell the WHOLE story!!! IMMORTALS are tired of carrying excess baggage during seasons,no matter who you may be!!!

The fact people are saying "Don't blame us for exploiting a bug because the developers havn't fixed it yet" is a joke.

Remove the option for rematch on AB.

We are 24/26th in the alliance leaderboards and i'm happy that we don't use alt accounts. I'd rather play for the enjoyment than play with 4 alt accounts just power gaming to have that star at the end of my name. Just grind your own account and you realise' you don't actually need to fight easier AB's. I rarely lose one now.

Comment

• Kumiankka98
          Kumiankka98 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed man!

This is the problem: it's not a bug. This is by design to make the new player experience continually rewarding and harness the spirit of competition to encourage gold use. We have made numerous suggestions across a myriad of threads, but this principle is unlikely to change for a F2P game in the "casual" genre. I hope that the alliance battle balance does get fixed, along with other critical game play glitches. In the meantime it's best to be realistic and hang in there until we get to see tanks. Or new maps or multiple objectives or new perks or heroes or whatever else the creative department can add to this little nugget of entertainment. The fact that some players have been active in this game continuously for more than a year is a testament to its potential. We can only hope that the development team has the vision, manpower and determination to convert that potential into the perfect specimen of video gaming.
        [URL="http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img922/7162/xeCzCI.jpg"]H TAN H EπI TAΣ[/URL]

Comment

Feel your pain, archaiclotus. And respect the purity of your decision. Most peeps don't got 230k dogtags and will not fully understand your situation. Pretty sure your AB have you matchuped against the toughest bases...by my count there are prolly only 20+ and lots of them immortals or now ex-immortals. I only disagree that there should be no alt accounts allowed...and yes that prolly means once you break the 200k dogtags barrier and facing impossible bases that you will become a total hinderance to your alliance. Maybe once you break 200k you unlock a super vet? How bout it developers? Hehehe

Comment

• ArchaicLotus
          ArchaicLotus commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting thought; super vets.

Originally posted by mendoza0206
        odytzak ... SHEMORTALS...
        It is not my idiosyncracy to be ironic.

http://twitter.com/odytsak
        http://www.youtube.com/odytsak

Comment

Originally posted by ArchaicLotus View Post
          It's about time to have this thread locked. It went into a direction completely unintended. And when you start knocking on Odytsak things have definately gone negative.
          What did you exactly hope to achieve with your post, if not to bring shame and have others look down upon your former teammates? To think ody's first and foremost response to your post was to have us respond with kindness and "to be gentle", just goes to show what kind of person and friend ody is.

SMFH
          Η ΤAΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤAΣ - IMMORTALS

Comment

• ArchaicLotus
            ArchaicLotus commented
            Editing a comment
            I hoped to convey the severity of how imbalanced Alliance Battles have made the game. Odytsak was the only reason why I became anImmortal. I had absolutely no idea how immature some of these posts would get.

Converse and rationalize the desired points for players to achieve before telling them to step up their game. When I left, removed myself, I was 8th from the bottom; 500 points in 5 days. If I would have stayed and averaged 180 points a day, including the five, then I would have had a solid-pace, easily achieved. If you had solid, well-founded players waiting in the application process, we had three, alternate players, then I would have Joyfully backed out. But I was being pressured to leave for greater-than-2nd alts. Have a conversation with me. Talk to me about the pace that I need to achieve each day. I dont have the time to get 500 points a day, however, look at your bottom scores right now. Sunday I had 500, could have been 580. Today is Thursday. 180 times 5 is 900-plus 580 is 1480. Still pretty low but not at the bottom. I had to work a lot, but averaged how long the post-free-battles for the extra 90 points would take and saw that from Sunday night on the could be achieved.

Spider -I was never at the bottom of the list. First season I had over 2000 points. Not a lot, not a little. That was without an alt account facing awesome bases. Many had more points than me, that didn't matter. I was for people playing more because we had so many that didn't seem to be able to participate. You keep using the word cry, as to insult. I need no one here to make me feel better. Having a rational conversation with an old member is preferred to pressured-panic.
        Working...
        X