Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snipers are a great alternative if you don't have hero units!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snipers are a great alternative if you don't have hero units!

I think snipers are good alternative to hero units, I myself don't even have any, and it could be forever until I do.That is why I choose snipers to be in my tents. They shoot very far and through enemies. If you distract enemies long enough up front in your base, by the time they get to your choke point. You'll have a nice army of sniper just slaughtering these guys. I'll leave a nice video of mine below.

Very nice setup! That bunker behind the rocks is devastating to incoming Units.

Comment

Thanks! I still need to upgrade all of my buildings.

Comment

snipers (and hero snipers) are very effective in AI defense, though in pvp they are highly vulnerable to several attack cards, and with a large tent time any casualties can be devastating. but yes, keeping snipers behind your buildings is the way to go.

Comment

• Valkan95
          Valkan95 commented
          Editing a comment
          try to distract the enemy troops in front for a good 5 mins before they get to your choke point. by the time they get there, theres a good army of 5-6 snipers + sniper towers waiting for them. be careful though, snipers can tear through units but if there is too many they will get overrun. try to distract them with perks or take a few down before they get to the choke point as well. hope this helps!

• ChairJockey
          ChairJockey commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah thats pretty much the sum of what iv been doing with my sharp shooters, iv got 4 sniper towers and a bunker at my choke point, 1 of the towers and bunkers are way in front and they take most of the aggro until they are destroyed, long enough to get 2-3 waves of sharp shooters before they go down.

luckily i managed to break the 30 minute point a few days ago so im curious to see how well my base will perform once the superman bug is fixed, so i wont have to waste as many specials early on to chain stun and damage the bugged machine gunners.

Thanks! yeah pvp could be a problem.

Comment

I bought snipers and tried your load out. Problem for me in CPU Defense is that one damn rocket launcher dude will break free and unload a rocket and kill 3 snipers and then I'm at the mercy of waiting almost 2 min for another spawn and then by then my sandbags could be destroyed leaving them wandering. They work great for the first 8 min after that my barbed wire is gone. It is interesting as the snipers in my opinion are stronger than the Sharpshooters even though the stats are the same but sharpshooter cool down is like 10 sec less. Tried both setups and snipers were better

Comment

• ChairJockey
            ChairJockey commented
            Editing a comment
            sharp shooters do less damage per shot but fire 4 times, so effectively i think they are better.

my defense usually ends when a superman machine gunner wades through all my fire and obliterates all 6-9 of my sharpshooters, or they decide to give up on life and have 4-5 of them randomly decide to leave cover and go venture into suicide.

the main thing with snipers is you want them to just be barely at max range for your choke point, which means you can keep your other buildings farther ahead of your snipers to hopefully eat any aggro of thigns that get to close, especially the OP rocketeers and their near perfect accuracy 1 shot of death any troop in a decent aoe that they are lol... well at least they dont have the superman bug like the machine gunners do.

Hopefully this method works for you guys!

Comment

It Seems The Sharpshooter Hero Unit Isn't as good as a regular sniper unit.

Comment

Does anybody here play Overwatch?

Comment

Working...
              X