X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truck sucks

When attacking the truck is almost worthless when they get to it drops don't come fast enough so your truck will fall to several grunts even when I'm attacked I'd like to see a played make a come back but most surrender because it's a lost cause. I've got extra perks and HQ cards could they be assigned to beef up the truck? Seems like an easy way to keep it interesting.

I am still hopeful that they will add additional vehicles to the game. Maybe those can be stronger alternatives to the default Truck.

Comment

How I'd like to see vehicles play out:
      1. Standard truck can house 7 troop types. Troop deployment rates drop 20 percent. Troop costs drop 10 percent.
      2. Rocket launcher targets anti air. Targets furthest anti air first. 2 rockets destroy one. Launches every 30 seconds. Only 5 unit types allowed. Increased likelihood of bomb, missile, or firebomb. Decreased likelihood of other drops.
      3. Tank destroys walls. Invulnerable to sniper and sniper tower fire. Cannot attack soldiers, vulnerable to flamer and explosive units.Normal damage by chemist and light damage from bullet units. 6 troops allowed, but one has to be engineer, which auto deploys every minute at no cost.

Comment

Originally posted by cusman View Post
        I am still hopeful that they will add additional vehicles to the game. Maybe those can be stronger alternatives to the default Truck.

I've heard this a lot on the forums, but what I haven't seen is HOW this addition would work.

Think about it... How could you add vehicle units to the game, without making them virtually useless/unnecessary to the game? Currently, we have no need for them, as one can easily achieve a victory with the use of infantry units, and other various tactical abilities. Adding vehicle units to the game would basically require a lot of work. Maps would have to be bigger, we'd need an increase in the troop cap. Basically, we would need the game in a much a larger scale than it is now, to have room for tanks and jeeps, and attack helicopters.

Everything would need a buff: Walls, the HQ, sniper towers, ect. ect.

New Defensive structures would need to be added: SAM's (Surface to Air Missile Launchers), Vehicle Depot, Anti-Tank Mine. and Countless other things. Instead of an RPG Unit, Imagine an RPG Squad.

That's just my vision of it anyway... You'd basically be making an entirely new game by adding Vehicle Units, successfully. Perhaps this is what the GU! Team came across, when they thought of the idea.. idk.

An alternative to the transport truck, would be quite silly. The Transport truck is a rear unit anyway, It rarely sees combat, nor is it meant for combat. The only thing I could see working is having tactical upgrades to the truck, such as making it a medical truck, or giving it a mortar to shoot hostiles from afar.

Or making it a Mobile HQ, giving the player support call options, in exchange for munitions earned in the battle. Replacing the current truck with a halftrack would make this stuff make sense.(image of halftrack with mortar)

Last edited by LWOF_BrOkenArrow; 08-06-2017, 09:37 AM.

Comment

4. Humvee has the equivalent of a loaded out machine gunner for anti troop fire. Increased base view to see more of the base. 6 troop types with 15 percent increase to health and damage. 10 percent decrease in troop deployment. Also paratrooper attack card can drop during battle.
          Last edited by tonyhzs; 08-06-2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyhzs View Post
            How I'd like to see vehicles play out:
            1. Standard truck can house 7 troop types. Troop deployment rates drop 20 percent. Troop costs drop 10 percent.
            2. Rocket launcher targets anti air. Targets furthest anti air first. 2 rockets destroy one. Launches every 30 seconds. Only 5 unit types allowed. Increased likelihood of bomb, missile, or firebomb. Decreased likelihood of other drops.
            3. Tank destroys walls. Invulnerable to sniper and sniper tower fire. Cannot attack soldiers, vulnerable to flamer and explosive units.Normal damage by chemist and light damage from bullet units. 6 troops allowed, but one has to be engineer, which auto deploys every minute at no cost.

1. Looks ok.
            2. So this destroys anti-air cannons? Obviously this would need to have a range cap, otherwise it would be overpowered. Give this a reasonable range, and it would be virtually useless. Also, since the AA cannons can destroy rockets/misslies anyway, It'd make sense if the rockets fired from this truck could also be shot down. Making it virtually useless in any situation.
            3. What's the range on this? 25? If that's the case, it will rarely engage walls. If it does, the walls that it will engage will most likely provide no strategic advantage to your troops. As for the invulnerability to sniper tower fire, and I'm assuming small arms fire in general, it is far too overpowered. Just as the HQ can be taken out by small arms fire, so should the tank.

The Tank will simply be given high HP. So that it can take a lot of fire. Seeing how this tank will have a slow rate of fire, it will have a high damage. Seeing as how you've made it so that the tank will not even defend itself against infantry, You've pretty much made the tank very weak.

It only engages walls, it will obviously have a small range, no larger than that of a sniper tower, will move VERY slowly, is virtually helpless to attack against units.
            Last edited by LWOF_BrOkenArrow; 08-06-2017, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Basically with the tank, it would be able to target and destroy one wall every 15 seconds, maybe? Range at 40? The tank would be useful at destroying walls early in bases that try to use confusion tactics. Like a free underpowered focus fire. It would require some crafty balancing to make it work.

The rocket launcher would be overpowered to an extent. But, it would take out AA at the furthest back. If it destroys 1 antI air a minute, it will be 7 minutes before they are all gone. This would make defenders rethink the whole 20 snipers or bombardiers protected by AA at the end of the base. Remember, you only get 5 troop types, so that's a lot of firepower the attacker loses. Do you get rid of the healer? The riot? The fodder? Maybe make troop deployment more expensive too? Or better yet, make it hang back much further and give troops a movement penalty, making it take longer for troops to get to the base.

Comment

My goal would be to force defenders to set up their bases creatively. There would be no more invincible or near invincible bases. You want to use pathing glitches? Go for it, the tank will take you down. You want to set up a bunch of snipers? Fine, the rocket launcher can take you down. The humvee would be useful against minimalist bases. The transport is sort of the all around.

It would be a bit of a gamble during alliance battles for if your preffered attack method is good against the base type you are up against. Defenders would need to be a lot more creative.

Comment

+1 for More different types of trucks. I'd use a apc that has better damage dealing capabilities.

Comment

Introducing vehicles is difficult. How about keeping the truck the same, but add the ability to place a veteran or other unit of players' choice in the truck instead of its current gun?

Comment

These are great ideas, thanks for posting!

Comment

I think just adding HQ cards to it would be good seems less of a hastle on the programming side than adding vehicles and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyhzs View Post
                          My goal would be to force defenders to set up their bases creatively. There would be no more invincible or near invincible bases. You want to use pathing glitches? Go for it, the tank will take you down. You want to set up a bunch of snipers? Fine, the rocket launcher can take you down. The humvee would be useful against minimalist bases. The transport is sort of the all around.

It would be a bit of a gamble during alliance battles for if your preffered attack method is good against the base type you are up against. Defenders would need to be a lot more creative.

In doing so, you basically make it to where attackers gain a huge, unparalled advantage against defenders. Especially with the tank.

I also question how players would switch between any of the 4 vehicle types, with your idea. Is special attack card for the Spawn Truck used? If so, this would makes things a bit interesting

Comment

Working...
                          X