Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New PVP intro sequence coming in the next patch.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PVP intro sequence coming in the next patch.

New PVP intro sequence coming in the next patch.
    https://twitter.com/JWejdemar/status/895326463506784257
    http://twitter.com/odytsak
    http://www.youtube.com/odytsak

Not bad, but i do hope that we get more then just this.

Comment

• LWOF_BrOkenArrow
      LWOF_BrOkenArrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely

• DanielTryk
      DanielTryk commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, more is on the way.

Tbh.. I thought they were introducing some new map(s), when I saw the video, I dislike how all they are doing is improving the intro.

Comment

Originally posted by LWOF_BrOkenArrow View Post
      Tbh.. I thought they were introducing some new map(s), when I saw the video, I dislike how all they are doing is improving the intro.
      My thoughts exactly when I saw this post yesterday evening. I mean it looks fun ok, but is it really your priority guys? I’d love to see you tackle the following issues in upcoming releases:
      • Game still crashes or pops up network errors (restart) occasionally. Please do some intense testing on those errors.
      • There are still some serious bugs in the game we’ve reported like a year ago and you haven’t solved them yet, like paratroopers placement above the grid, line of sight collision (friendly structures), truck standing in the line of friendly fire, clustered units phasing through rocks/walls in narrow corridors etc. Also CPU defence is still often broken above mark 40 (units not spawning, not moving, etc.) for as long as this game exists.
      • Menus are chunky as F. Seriously, I like the way they look, the navigation, colors, everything is ok, but my god it’s slow and stuttering to the point where just after 5 minutes I’m discouraged to recycle my cards any longer in that lag hell.
      Also a side note. To me CPU isn’t rewarding enough to put any effort in, because there are no rewards above 30 mins. I play this mode only via PS4 Remote Play from my work to let it run and farm munitions on an auto pilot. I just don’t feel like spending time on this mode, which I think is a shame, being it a TD game and all.

Don’t understand me wrong. I like the game a lot and as a player I appreciate your work but could we maybe focus on the things that really matter first please?
      BTW LWOF_BrOkenArrow, yeah we’d love to have additional maps/themes/whatever, it was suggested many times before, but sadly it doesn’t look like it’s on their agenda at all.

Comment

• ArchaicLotus
        ArchaicLotus commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe the time like it cap in CPU defense mode was to discourage afk farming.

• Bartek2468
        Bartek2468 commented
        Editing a comment
        It could be, although there is already an idle session lockout of something like 25 minutes or so, so it’s kinda an auto pilot playing, but not quite, you need to stay with the game anyway. But to me, this honestly is the only way I can play CPU defence atm. At work I’m behind my laptop anyway but at home I can’t imagine myself sacrificing 30 mins of game time for 40k+ munitions. It’s just not worth it in my option (especially compared to amounts you get from PVP battles).

• DanielTryk
        DanielTryk commented
        Editing a comment
        Each release we try to polish the feel of the game. Sometimes it's not as much about priority as it's about what team members have available time. In this case the new Intro was done primarily by a single artist who had extra time in the schedule.

The list of issues you posted is definitely on our radar for future releases, sorry that it has taken us so long to get around to them.

@ArchaicLotus : You are correct. There are two primary reasons we don't give out continuous rewards in CPU Defend. One is that we realize it can be AFK farmed, and the other is that in earlier versions of the game CPU Defend was such a good Munitions maker that we found per minute it actually generated more Munitions then playing PvP Attack. Our worry there was that if a majority of players switched to playing primarily CPU Defend it would cause a variety of issues. Such as a lower numbers of Attacks, which means lower numbers of Defend Reports for everyone. We would prefer the more interactive game modes stay the most rewarding.
    Working...
    X