X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Game Mode: Arcade

I believe it is time for an all-new game mode to arrive. I propose, an Arcade type game mode. Known as "Arcade".

In this Arcade mode, there is a Super HQ, which must be destroyed. To Get to this Super HQ, however, You must 1st, go pass 9, lesser HQ's, each one far more difficult than the one before it.

Each HQ has it's own base, and will have have a randomized set up. This Arcade Mode, actually takes place on one huge map! . This means that instead of loading an entirely new map for each HQ, your army/troops will march onward to the next HQ, and so on, until you've lost a battle or beat the Super HQ.

MARCHING FORWARD/RESTING
    Every time you beat you an HQ, you are given the option to either rest or march forward. Resting will end the game, and will allow you to keep any rewards that you've earned. Resting counts as a victory. If You March forward, your troops will advance to the next HQ. If you are victorious, you will be given the option to either rest or move forward (unless you've beaten the Super HQ). However if you fail, you will lose any potential rewards that you earned, and will receive a loser bonus.

Everytime you march forward, you keep all of your deployed units, and the unit cap increases by 10. You also keep any munitions earned. This is so that you can have better odds at beating the more difficult bases.

You can choose to retry the mission only ONCE for a fee of 30 gold.

This will give players the feeling that every time they choose to march forward, they risk losing all of their valuables.. creating a gamble effect in the process. Will you settle with what you've earned so far and call it day, or will you risk it all for what could be that Ultra/Legendary item you've been waiting for?

REWARD:
    Each time you beat an HQ, you receive a 25k Card Pack, this means that you can earn up to 250k Munitions by beating all of the HQ's.
    Additional rewards are also given, depending on what level HQ you beat. You Also earn ONE key, every time you beat an HQ.

NOTE: ALL REWARDS PRESENTED ARE JUST EXAMPLES, IT IS UP TO THE GU! TEAM TO DECIDE THE MOST REASONABLE REWARD SYSTEM FOR THIS FEATURE

LEVEL #: REWARD - DIFFICULTY ESTIMATE

1) - 2 Common Card Packs, 2 Attack Card Packs - Tier 3 White Skull

2) - 3 Common Card Packs, 3 Attack Card Packs - Tier 1 Night Mare

3) - 1 Rare Card Pack, 1 Valor. - Tier 2 Nightmare

4) - 2 Rare Card Packs, 1 Valor - Tier 3 Nightmare

5) - 3 Rare Card Packs, 1 Valor, 25 Gold - Tier 1 Hell on earth

6) 1 Epic Card Pack, 1 Valor - Tier 2 Hell on earth

7) 2 Epic Card Pack, 1 Valor - Tier 3 Hell on earth

8) 3 Epic Card Packs, 1 Valor - Shadow

9) 1 Legendary Card Pack, 1 Valor - Diamond,

10) 1 Elite Card Pack. 50 Gold, 1 Valor. Arcade Master Flag - Judgement Day.

Bonus Stage, Cut Scene

ABOUT THE NEW TIERS - Along with your average tiers, you have prestigious tiers.

This means that these bases will have equipment above the level cap, for regular players.

For example, a JD (Judgement Day) base may have level 30+ structures.

a Hell On Earth (H-E) Tier 1 would have level 14+ structures.

The levels for the structures, are just examples. These prestigious tier (PT) bases will have higher level items that exceed the normal level cap. Imagine A Level 20 Spawn tent that would spawn a Grunt Squad, with a cool down timer of just 3 Seconds.

As for the cut scene... I'm thinking that this would be a brief 2-3 Minute movie, showing some sort of military parade, to celebrate the defeat of the unknown/unnamed army. At the end of this cut scene, the Leader of Country presents the player with the Medal of Honor (Trophy Unlock), and the Arcade Master Flag...

Just an Idea, which is still in the making. I could use feedback to help make this idea better. Remember that all values presented in this idea are just examples. The GU! Team will change them, to make this idea work out.
    Last edited by LWOF_BrOkenArrow; 08-09-2017, 05:28 PM.

Interesting idea but it seems time consuming. To go through 10 bases? Are you thinking of starting at around a beginning base (under 1,000 base power) and progressing to a nightmare base (around say 7,000 base power?) You're looking at over 30 minutes maybe even an hour (if you go by approximately what time limit you are given to attack the base). Also, to increase the unit cap by 10 after each base would cause too much lag. The game already has this problem with attackers sending around 40-50 troops (veterans included). As I said, interesting idea but I'm not sure the game could handle this. Maybe a shorter version of this idea could work. Maybe only 3 or 5 bases to go through?

An idea that I will throw out there is an online versus. Basically, it would be a step above waves and CPU defend. To where you have the defender defending against an active attacker. The only issue that I had thought of with this idea is time delay for specials being used. You would want your opponent to have a brief timer to when a special is being used.

Comment

Great idea LWOF_BrOkenArrow! I didn't read every detail but I like the big picture. It would definitely spice this game up a lot.

Comment

This type of mode would bring me back. I'm just waiting for more variation

Comment

Sounds good

Maybe it can also get rid of waste of time / grindy missions related to CPU Defend (like 200 kills with Bunker or 100 with Mortar) and replace with Arcade / Attack related missions

Comment

We've actually talked about a new game mode similar to this in a few ways.

Comment

• LWOF_BrOkenArrow
              LWOF_BrOkenArrow commented
              Editing a comment
              Really? Are you all planning on implementing an idea like this?

I think a new addition that provides more depth to the game (like this) and something new to do ( like this) would bring back a lot of players... I know I would put in some time every now and then, just to do this.

• garrett_vke
              garrett_vke commented
              Editing a comment
              It's in our plans to implement something new, as far as exactly what that will end up being and when it comes out is still a ways off. As always, suggestions like yours go a long way in helping us determine what would be best for the game and the community.

Originally posted by fluteninja15 View Post
            Interesting idea but it seems time consuming. To go through 10 bases? Are you thinking of starting at around a beginning base (under 1,000 base power) and progressing to a nightmare base (around say 7,000 base power?) You're looking at over 30 minutes maybe even an hour (if you go by approximately what time limit you are given to attack the base). Also, to increase the unit cap by 10 after each base would cause too much lag. The game already has this problem with attackers sending around 40-50 troops (veterans included). As I said, interesting idea but I'm not sure the game could handle this. Maybe a shorter version of this idea could work. Maybe only 3 or 5 bases to go through?

An idea that I will throw out there is an online versus. Basically, it would be a step above waves and CPU defend. To where you have the defender defending against an active attacker. The only issue that I had thought of with this idea is time delay for specials being used. You would want your opponent to have a brief timer to when a special is being used.
            Well... all values presented were just examples, that includes the number of bases and levels that a player would have to go through. It would probably take anywhere from 40-80 minutes, to beat all 10 of the bases, now that I think about... so perhaps it could be nerfed down a bit, to 5. It'd definetly make the game mode harder, because the gradual increase in difficulty would be even lower than it is now.

As for the Arcade In general, another idea that I've had is that it could be a mixture of various game modes.

For example, when you go to a video game arcade, this isn't just one game to play. There are various games from multiple generes/types.

Basically, I've thought the Arcade being a menu which would contain a list of fun game modes. The One which I've presented in the OP, would be called CPU Assault. There could be online 2 player game modes, such as "duel", "co-op" defense, and co-op assault.

ALSO, I forgot to mention one thing... Arcade Requires Arcade Tokens . A player can have up to 1 Arcade Tokens at any one time. Arcade Tokens are earned every 2 Hours, so long as the player has not reached the Arcade Token Limit, which is 1. This is so that players do not farm this feature intensively.

Comment

• ArchaicLotus
              ArchaicLotus commented
              Editing a comment
              Regardless of the length of time, it would be a blast to play. Even make up boss-type bases. A reward system like C.P.U. Defense where you get better and netter items based off of how far you progressed.

Arrow, well thought out.

Awesome idea. Obviously not perfect (in my opinion), but a really cool concept! What about some other options to strengthen the attacking units besides +10 unit cap?

Comment

Originally posted by robertcr505 View Post
              Awesome idea. Obviously not perfect (in my opinion), but a really cool concept! What about some other options to strengthen the attacking units besides +10 unit cap?

Hmm... I'd say that you could bring in extra attack cards for this op as well.... about 10-20 additional attack cards... those would help out alot against the prestigious tier bases... Which are basically meant to crush almost all chances of winning. (Thus, why the rewards for beating them are so high)

Comment

Yeah this a cool idea. A little different from what we are thinking but it has some great elements to it. Thanks for posting!

Comment

Any other Feedback, Questions, Concerns ,and/or Comments?

It sounds as if something like this has a good chance of being implemented into the game one day...

Comment

Working...
                  X