Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is CPU defense broken for anyone else?

At around the 73 minute mark the pictured 4 units show up alone. They fire through once (one shot killing everything) and then they sit and reload over and over again until they're killed, which takes forever as they're nearly invincible. Then after 1 or 2 of them are killed the 2nd group shows up. It's the 5 rangers and 2 snipers. They then clean up and one shot kill everything. I had a ton of specials left so I attempted to tear gas them and placed 12 mines on one of the rangers and he didn't die. My previous best time was 104 minutes and now it's impossible to get over around the 70 minute mark because of these units. Is this happening to anyone else? I like to farm for munitions from time to time and it's more annoying than anything else.

Its not broken thats just how it works, its Guns Ups way of telling you to start another cpu defend. I play it about 40 minutes, farm about 100k, rinse and repeat!

Comment

CPU Defense runs for a certain number of waves before the super soldiers arrive. My guess would be (around) 50 waves.

You would have managed your best time of 104 minutes when your base was getting through the waves slowly.
      Now your base is getting through the waves much quicker and so they arrive after 70 minutes.

Either way (104 minutes or 70 minutes) the average amount of munitions dropped will be the same. Around 185-190k.
      So for farming munitions you're better off with the 70 minute base setup as you're getting about 50% more munitions for your time.
      In fact if I'm farming (while reading a book) I'll use specials to blow walls and barbed wire to speed up the waves so I can get through them quicker.

One of the methods of getting longer CPU Defense times is to try to slow the waves down as much as possible.
      Split paths, long routes, lots of barbed wire, exploiting the pathing of the Artificial Dumb (it's like an Artificial Intelligence - but not!), and any other thing you can think of.
      But all it will ever do is give you a higher spot on the CPU Defense leaderboard.
      Last edited by KittenHuffer; 12-15-2017, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• SunnyRT*PC
        SunnyRT*PC commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for that explanation. That helps me quite a bit.

• Haze33E*PC
        Haze33E*PC commented
        Editing a comment
        My longest time so far has been 1h 8min and I I think I only got like 150-160k for it.

Hey SunnyRT. This is actually a known bug that resides in CPU Defend. It is something we are planning to address soon.

Comment

• Haze33E*PC
        Haze33E*PC commented
        Editing a comment
        When is CPU defend going to get updated with rewards beyond 30 minutes?

• KittenHuffer
        KittenHuffer commented
        Editing a comment
        And there was me thinking it was a feature!

• SDS_Chase
        SDS_Chase commented
        Editing a comment
        We're actively looking at addressing CPU Defend post 30 minutes.

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but I currently have the first super 4 soldiers stuck in the reload mode in a cpu defense. Thought it was kinda funny.

Comment

Now there's a new record.

Comment

• Tudekiks*PC
          Tudekiks*PC commented
          Editing a comment
          How in the world can you survive for sooo long ?

Those "Elite units" always kills everything i own in one shot ...

• UltrageuS*PC
          UltrageuS*PC commented
          Editing a comment
          nice bro , now u have 1398 minuts in trash =D

Originally posted by Tudekiks*PC
        How in the world can you survive for sooo long ?

Those "Elite units" always kills everything i own in one shot ...
        You can make a time record as much as you want.
        No HQ squad, when the first group with 4 Elite units (Medic, MG, Rocketeer, Sniper) show up usually after 70-80 minutes,
        kill/destroy your own troops/structures with Specials,
        because of reload issue (it's a known bug), those Elite units stuck forever,
        unless you kill 2 of them and then the second group comes (5 Rangers and 2 Snipers).
        https://youtu.be/Q9MqOHiEovg?t=9m56s
        http://www.youtube.com/odytsak
        http://twitter.com/odytsak
        PS4/Steam: odytsak

Comment

Clearly CPU defend past ~80 minutes just an indicator of someone that is willing to glitch the game and then spend a long time doing nothing for the sake of a pointless leaderboard placement.

Comment

• SunnyRT*PC
            SunnyRT*PC commented
            Editing a comment
            This exactly!

Just a reminder that we are addressing this issue in the next patch as well as making other changes to CPU Defend. More info to come later!

Comment

There's an even easier way to do it.
            No HQ Squad as Odytsak said.
            But keep an eye out for the first set of super soldiers and when they appear use decoys to use up their ammo before they come into range of your troops.

Comment

Working...
            X