X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Christmas seasonal event

27 battles for a hat with rubbish stats is a joke. 4 level 1 hats with rubbish stats is just downright annoying. A seasonal event that offers only 3 old hat styles is just lazy, and hats that would only benefit low level players is a kick in the baubles to long term players. I posted numerous times in the forum regarding this, with no response. I suggested a special op, like Halloween, witha +10 health hat, so that all players could use it, but still no response. I suggested a Christmas tree or reindeer base item, guess what...no response. This seasonal event is terrible, and don't assume that people are happy because they don't complain. Most seem to just accept the rubbish reward without airing their view in the official forums.

😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔

Comment

I was actually thinking about making a topic on this myself. I disagree with you in that it was a terrible event though. I thought for the most part they were very generous with it. I got 12 hats, 24 keys, 3 6extra battles, and 12 boost cards. A pretty good haul as far as bonuses go and an excellent and fun event. It did a good job at getting me to play more during the event to collect the crates, so it served its intended purpose. I think for the hook for it was less about the hats and more about the keys, boosts, and alliance battles. Its a bonus red chest practically, which is a very nice Christmas present.

I feel the flaw in the event was the hats themselves. As I said I got 12 hats, 9 level 1's, 2 level 2's, and ironically enough the very last one I got was a level 3 hat. And sadly its probably not a level 3 hat I'll wind up using, but maybe, who knows?

On one hand, I get it, you don't want people walking out of one event, even a Christmas one with a bunch of level 3 hats. At the same time though, if you're trying to build your army around a theme which is something I like to do. Then the Christmas hats were for the most part, pretty pointless. The only one I actually liked was the level 2 regenerative elf hat I got. I wish there was some way to change a hat's appearance but still retain the hat's power so that you could keep your theme intact. For my army its leprechaun hats and top hats. I'd like to get some level 3 St Patty's stuff this year and not get stuck with more level 1 items and have to wait yet another year to maybe, possibly, get an actual hat worth using and one where I like the aesthetics of it.

I really liked how the Halloween event was handled, as everyone got the same opportunity to get a level 3 hat for completing the event, in addition to packs where you got your random stuff. I got nothing in my packs, just alot of cosmetic nonsense and banner patterns. That's ok though, because I also got a level 3 hat for my engineer. A very good little keepsake to remember the event by. That I think is a win/win for everyone. The player base is satisfied that they got something cool, and the devs keep everyone engaged in playing during the seasonal event with the enticement of additional card packs. Whether you actually get anything good in those packs is irrelevant because you've already guaranteed that everyone had the opportunity to get something good from the event.

Comment

Originally posted by Spikeygecko View Post
        don't assume that people are happy because they don't complain.
        This especially should be noted.

You would think the devs would be proactive(to be fair, I know they have been, however, I still question the effort) to all areas of the game, but just seeing the consistent issues over and over again makes you think otherwise.

Again, like I mentioned before, I think the devs wait too much until something actually happens to do something about it, like nothings really an issue until a certain percentage is reached, then now it’s an issue. For example, “thinking”(and large emphasis on “thinking”) a bug has a very rare occurrence to happen so they leave it alone, but they very well could have not even known the existence of such a bug because there’s no effort to seek out such bugs in the first place because there’s no one to do it or it’s not a priority, and this doesn’t even cover the consequences of ignoring such issues when you leave something to fix at a later time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenpo_Kid69 View Post
          the devs keep everyone engaged in playing during the seasonal event
          This is basically the main point and reason for all the other community events; to get players to just play this game. It’s about retention and engagement with the game, to get players involved, to care about the game, to keep it “alive”.

If there’s a setback here or there sometimes, then there’s reason for the devs to address players problem with the game, just like this post commenting what they thought of this seasonal event. Players say this or that is not worth it, well that’s more the reason the devs get to do “something”, but like I mentioned in my previous post above, I think the “proactiveness” of the devs should be questioned.

Comment

The GU! team continues to work to "proactively" identify issues in the game and address them when we do so. Additionally, we utilize reports and suggestions from the community to identify additional issues that may occur with less regularity on our end and, as such, are largely only experienced in the wild.

Comment

don't assume that people are happy because they don't complain.
              This especially should be noted.
              And don't just assume people are unhappy because they don't complain either. Sometimes people don't complain because they are just that, happy.

This especially especially should be noted.

This is basically the main point and reason for all the other community events; to get players to just play this game. It’s about retention and engagement with the game, to get players involved, to care about the game, to keep it “alive”.
              Which I think they accomplished with this event. While its annoying not to get more level 3 hats, the point is you could get them. I got 1 out of 12 which is about a 8% chance. I got 2 level 2's which is about a 16 or 17% chance. So it was possible with patience and persistence. I think it would be nice to get a guaranteed one for the event, similiar to the Halloween one. But it wasn't just about hats, you got alot of cool stuff from the packs in general. Making them well worth while to grind for.

If there’s a setback here or there sometimes, then there’s reason for the devs to address players problem with the game, just like this post commenting what they thought of this seasonal event. Players say this or that is not worth it, well that’s more the reason the devs get to do “something”, but like I mentioned in my previous post above, I think the “proactiveness” of the devs should be questioned.
              Which they more or less do. I think people sometimes get a bit ridiculous with this.You can't just rush into things nor can you go changing things willy nilly automatically just because a few people make a topic about not liking something.

The devs get accused of being lazy, greedy, and indifferent at times, but I don't believe that's true. First of all they are pretty active on this board and respond to many topics and yet still get accused of not caring. Obviously they do or they wouldn't be posting as much as they do.

Some examples of listening are that level 2 battles seem to much easier than they initially where when they first implemented this new overhaul. Also there was a problem in Alliance Battles of people using multiple accounts to boost their Alliance scores. This is sort of a complicated problem, because while it was annoying, at the same time you don't necessarily want to discourage people from having more than one accounts. Having multiple accounts is actually a good thing as it means the person is probably playing Gun's Up that much more and its making the player base bigger, without actually having to bring in new players. Their solution I think was brilliant, they basically started handing out extra alliance battles like it was candy. I'm up to 99 extra battles and this is a very good thing. It means I can compete with a player even if they have multiple accounts. My alliance score can be high as my time, patience, and skill will allow it be. So it was an excellent improvement to the game. No one is being punished, everyone wins, and it shows the developers really put thought into implementing a caring and practical solution.

Comment

@Kenpo_Kid69,

I agree with everything you mentioned.

I just wanted to say that from my experience with this game, there are varying levels or certain degrees that I allowed in my criticisms towards this game to be mindful and respectful to the devs. I’m aware of all the great things done by the devs for this game, but I’m also aware of all the blatant not so great things too. I’m not here to convince you or others what to believe. What I’ve posts is to give you my perspective.

Your response is similar to what other players thought of too and I even thought similarly at points. Although I’m now indifferent about the game, I still want it to be successful because I do/did like the game and it’s concept; it’s how it’s managed is what I don’t like.

Comment

Sorry for going kind of too off topic with your post. When I see certain posts like this, it only furthers the misunderstandings I feel is still present between player perspective compared to the devs perspective, and I had to respond when I saw that particular line you wrote since it relates so much to the similar dissatisfactions players have with the game that I keep seeing.

Kenpo_Kid69 already explained the details of disagreeing that this was the worst Christmas seasonal event which I really couldn’t comment on since I didn’t even participate in the seasonal event. I actually don’t even play this game anymore(You might be wondering why I’m even posting here in these forums, which I kind of discussed about already here in these forums).

If I did play this event, then I would probably be of more agreement with Kenpo_Kid69 thoughts, while still understanding your frustrations with the event. The best I could have responded with would be something along the lines of it being nice that there was an event for Christmas(I’m already very aware of the meaning of a game like GU! being as “active” as it can be in making sure many players play and consistently continue to play; the more players playing the better experience you will have overall in playing GU!).

About your “no response” to suggestions like a Christmas tree item, I would have mentioned that they would have made one, but what was been the priorities that have been focusing on lately, in recent times right now in game? A big focus have been on the matchmaking adjustments and this could be a reason why you didn’t see a new decorative item, yet. Like I keep mentioning, I may not agree with how certain things are being handled, but I appreciate all that has been done however large or small they are(don’t get this confused with disagreements I may have with specific dev).

Comment

The main point of the Christmas event was not to get hats but to encourage players to play and to attack level 2 whites and higher opponents. It was also a great way to get keys, munitions, experience (level up) and extra AB for those who participate in AB. You can get hats from unit crates, what type you get depends on luck. Don’t stress on what you dont get but be happy with what you get and make it work in your advantage...or sell them for extra munitions. You will get everything this game has to offer, you just have to put a lot, a lot of time into it and sooner or later it happens. But the main thing is time, you have to put a lot of time grinding and it can be a little frustrating for the occasional player who plays maybe 5 or 6 games a day to adquire many of the rewards offered as seasonal items.

Comment

resumindo melhor evento q teve foi do halloween e o pior evento foi de final de ano... se todos forem igual ao do halloween seria perfeito

Comment

For a new player like myself I rather enjoyed my first seasonal event. I love this game. My wife is about to divorce me over the time I spend on it. Hence my post a few days ago about time saving.

Comment

Originally posted by mendoza0206 View Post
                          The main point of the Christmas event was not to get hats but to encourage players to play and to attack level 2 whites and higher opponents. It was also a great way to get keys, munitions, experience (level up) and extra AB for those who participate in AB. You can get hats from unit crates, what type you get depends on luck. Don’t stress on what you dont get but be happy with what you get and make it work in your advantage...or sell them for extra munitions. You will get everything this game has to offer, you just have to put a lot, a lot of time into it and sooner or later it happens. But the main thing is time, you have to put a lot of time grinding and it can be a little frustrating for the occasional player who plays maybe 5 or 6 games a day to adquire many of the rewards offered as seasonal items.
                          If the main point is not the old seasonal hat styles, don't call it a seasonal event, as the hats were the only seasonal element. Keys, munitions, alliance battles and pointless xp boosters can all be gained through normal gameplay. If the seasonal event wasn't running alongside alliance battles, I would have had no motivation to even pursue it...And I'm certainly not a casual player.

Comment

Working...
                          X