X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time time time

this issue is a big problem it should not matter how big the base or how small the time should be universal 12 minutes you should not have to rush an attack due to the amount of bp the time should be an advantage for the attacker not the defender this games not called blitzkrieg I've seen other great suggestions about this issue I hope it's dealt with on the next update

Seria ótimo, um tempo universal !!!!!!!

Comment

I disagree. I think it would be a mistake to implement a universal time for all bases. The timer adds to Guns Up's overall strategy. Its an alternative win condition for the defender.

Comment

• col1162
        col1162 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, it would be a HUGE mistake to make a universal time for any size base. For a new player starter base it would be massively to long. It's ok to have a timer, just base it on the HQ size and that's all, nothing more. Not on BP used or unused, not on walls, obstacles or base layout. Not on unit types used or on veteran amounts or types used. Just a very simple solution of the HQ size alone.

We have had the suggestion of:
        HQ1 = 6:00 adding 2 mins for each additional HQ section.
        HQ2 = 8:00
        HQ3 = 10:00
        HQ4 = 12 mins top allotted attack time

if too much time then how about this:
        HQ1 = 5:30 adding 1-1/2 mins for each additional HQ section.
        HQ2 = 7:00
        HQ3 = 8:30
        HQ4 = 10:00 mins top allotted attack time

Also there shouldn't be an "alternative" win condition for the defender. If the time runs out then a RETREAT is sounded and the defender gets 1 Star and 1/3 normal winnings. They didn't win really, they just held out the timer and nothing more. If they destroyed the truck, that's a true win, running out the timer is not

Can we use build points available instead of build points used to calculate battle time? Would be a nice counter for all those copypaste 5:30 bombardier bases, which comprise 90% of my battles nowadays.

If ppl choose to equip a small amount of structures in their base to deprive attackers of ammo, that is still fine, but at least there is no effect on time itself.

Comment

10 minutes is enough time to beat any base any size. The only way to encourage base diversity to is to encourage players to use their BP. A good way to encourage using all available BPs is to set a timer based on HQ size. So depending if you unlocked HQ 1,2,3, or 4 that’s how much time attackers will have to attack you. A while ago timer was set at 20-30 minutes? Can’t exactly remember but I do remember having more than 20 minutes to beat bases of any size.
        Last edited by mendoza0206; 01-22-2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Also there shouldn't be an "alternative" win condition for the defender. If the time runs out then a RETREAT is sounded and the defender gets 1 Star and 1/3 normal winnings. They didn't win really, they just held out the timer and nothing more. If they destroyed the truck, that's a true win, running out the timer is not
          I disagree with you on this point. I think if the attacker retreats then the defender should automatically get 3 stars. Otherwise everyone would just quit before their truck blows up and it would become exploitative.

So long as the attacker doesn't retreat and doesn't have their truck blown up, then of course you'd get less stars as the defender.

Comment

• col1162
            col1162 commented
            Editing a comment
            Quitting (surrendering) and retreating is completely different. To surrender means as it says, a player gave up willingly (quit) to end the match. Retreating would be and is something different. If a defender can run out the clock to survive then why can't the attacker do the same thing and run out the clock to survive? Sometimes it's just as hard to keep the defender at bay as it is to keep the attacker at bay. As I wrote "if the time runs out". But perhaps I wrote the wrong word and I should of wrote - Draw = a tie or stalemate, since neither player truly won.

like I said there are other great suggestions but we can agree that there is an issue but the bombarder blitzkrieg is b.s. witch is my point 3 alliance battles 3 no time bombarder bases I lost all three due to time that's all there is in the game right now although there was a time there was diversity among bases now there is none due to this issue what can I say

Comment

• mendoza0206
            mendoza0206 commented
            Editing a comment
            look for gargajo in youtube he has some good videos beating 5:30 bases....I deleted all the ones I had

Sorry col1162, I misread your original post. I thought you were saying if the attacker quit, the defender doesn't get their points. You didn't say that though, so my bad.

Comment

I think it would be great if you could take your time in defeating a base, but maybe for a different mode or maybe a mode that has no timer.

How does “scheduled drops” work?* I didn’t really like this solution because it can artificially increase or decrease general attack time; what use to be of 2-3 minute battles can now easily be 5-6 minutes or whatever minimum the devs choose to make(What’s the average time to defeat bases currently?). This makes balancing time issues trickier when dealing with exploits. The way it works now(Is it 3 munitions drops then a special drop? What’s the time interval or pacing between those drops?), you become dependent on the “minimum” or the optimized or most efficient strategy to succeed in defeating a base(Is it possible to defeat any base without adding attack cards to your loadout? Is it possible to defeat any base without using specials, including not using those that drop during a battle?).**

About “RETREAT”(wasn’t it “Surrender” before? I can’t remember if the wording change or if it’s different wording compared to PvP and CPU Defend, Defend Wave?), when you surrender during PvP, is that still a 3-star Victory to the defender? Also, if you timeout during PvP, is that still a 3-star Victory to the defender too? Not sure if I remember correctly, but was there such a thing as a 1-star, 2-star, or no star Victory to the Defender?

*Before Scheduled Drops, there was a stronger illusion for being able to “change the tides of battle” when you managed to get a specific special to drop that you wanted to help you when attacking a base.

**This also contributes to players issues about those “exploit” bases and not having enough time to win against those bases, when actually there is enough time since there are players who are able to defeat those bases.

Comment

hah, you wants more special cards

Comment

Hi all,

Could you please tell me how is the time calculated ? Does it depend on used BP ? I recently beat a 5:30 base with some high level building and many veterans, how is it possible ?

Thank you.

Comment

It's based on Build Points, not Base Power.

Up to 400 Build Points = 5:30 minutes
                  401-436 BP = 6:00 minutes
                  437-472 BP = 6:30 minutes etc etc
                  http://www.youtube.com/odytsak
                  http://twitter.com/odytsak
                  PS4/Steam: odytsak

Comment

• cusman
                    cusman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Up to 400 BP is the makings of a 5:30 base, but pretty sure my 500 BP Steam base is a 6:30 base so your point scale accuracy might be outdated.

Not a good idea. Most folks offense is to spam grunts and riots endlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by cusman
                    Up to 400 BP is the makings of a 5:30 base, but pretty sure my 500 BP Steam base is a 6:30 base so your point scale accuracy might be outdated.
                    No way, 500 BP is a 7 minutes base, I just checked it.

HQ -> Test Base to check your attack time.
                    http://www.youtube.com/odytsak
                    http://twitter.com/odytsak
                    PS4/Steam: odytsak

Comment

Originally posted by odytsak View Post
                      No way, 500 BP is a 7 minutes base, I just checked it.

HQ -> Test Base to check your attack time.
                      The last Defend Replay in this video was a time out victory at 6m 32s

https://youtu.be/1MSshMWtkqI

I am pretty sure my Steam base using 500 BP, but I’ll double check next I am on.

Edit: My 6:30 base using 450 Build Points. I temporarily had couple of extra bunkers in for daily mission making it closer to 500.
                      Last edited by cusman; 05-05-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X