X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: Network timed out while trying to contact server

It's really frustrating when trying to play this game when every 1 - 4 minutes my son keeps getting this same "Error: Network timed out trying to contact game servers, please try again.". My son tried to play on his account 5 times today and each time this came up, twice in base and three times during battles which he subsequently lost due to this error screen. That's 15 cards gone, 3 each of 2000 munitions, 3 FF and 3 TB, plus 6 paratroopers. While this is nothing to some players it meant a lot to him as he only gets so long to play on the PS4 and wanted to replace his veterans in his base. Each time he had to load this game it took on average of 1-1/2 to 2 min.s. But hey, no worries because he gave up and moved onto Battlefield 1, WWII. and Hell Divers. Oh and yes he didn't get to replace his veterans and before anyone asks, yes it only happens with this game which is one of the many reasons we don't play in the alliance battles.

Thanks and have a blessed day.

Hey col, sorry that your son is having this experience with GU! Can you provide me with his PSN ID so I can ask the team to take a look into his account? Also, if you play on the same console with two different accounts (your account and your son's) do you find that the experience is the same regardless of the account being used?

Comment

• col1162
      col1162 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for replying.

Pale_Rider_9of9

He tried again and during his last battle the error screen came up during the battle repeatedly during the battle so he continuously clicked the x button until it cleared until it passed then it came up again during the victory screen which he tried again clicking the x button repeatedly but it eventually pushed him out. We reloaded it one last time and even though he won that battle he lost the war with GU because he didn't get his reward cards, new veterans and of course he lost the cards used (again). The last few days it has been happening quite often with all the accounts but only on GU.

As for now he has moved onto other games seeing he has the day off school due to the snow. Have a blessed day.

Hey guys, we were seeing a few server hiccups that we've address with a quick fix and will be working to provide a more wide ranging correction for these issues in the coming days. Please let us know if you notice any difference in the stability of your connectivity the next time you log in to GU! Thanks.

Comment

• col1162
      col1162 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the resupply, we appreciate it. We still get the error screen just not quite as often since you patched it for the weekend. The wave defend still crashes the system pretty much right after we finish it. So now if we get a wave defend we log out and log back in to avoid the crash.

Have a blessed weekend.

• col1162
      col1162 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's Sunday 02/11 and the network timed out server error is back in full force. Tried playing a few rounds and the more we tried the worse it became on kicking us out. Tried on col1162 and couldn't get past logging in before it reared that dreaded screen. Tried on my sons other acct. (GLOBNAAR08) and he played for a few rounds but was kicked multiple times (at least 6) during different stages of the game. So just like Friday were surrendering to the Network/ server error and moving on to something more battle worthy. Hopefully the Team can fix whatever is plaguing the system. Thanks and have a blessed day.

Will do and thanks for jumping on it. I apologize if i sounded overly negative earlier, the frustration gets the better of me sometimes. You and the team seem to have increased your workload as of late and we appreciate the effort. Have a blessed weekend.

Comment

• SDS_Chase
      SDS_Chase commented
      Editing a comment
      Have a good weekend col1162! It's good to see some compassion around here every once in a while.

• SOUZA-ZICA-11
      SOUZA-ZICA-11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Seria mais fácil ter compaixão se vocês melhorasse o óbvio que todos os jogadores a mais de um ano pede,,, sabe quantas batalhas eu perdi por erro do jogo ????? Mais de dez !!!!!!!!
      Melhorem o jogo é só o que queremos !!!!!!!!!

• col1162
      col1162 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes compassion is hard to come by when your frustrated. I wouldn't want to have your job, way too much negativity when people get so passionate about the game, myself included in that.

The network timed out - contact server error is back in full force, hopefully you can address whatever the problem is. Also the issue with the veteran screen not updating unless I view defense reports is still happening. Example: I went to my account today (Sunday) and I had all defeats since Friday so I went to my base first and the veteran count showed 10 full veterans, no damage. Went back to view the defense reports, clicked the top one and got promptly kicked out by the network timed out - contact server error. Reloaded GU and went to the veteran screen and "poof" 5 veterans with some life and 5 veterans gone and of course I got kicked out again due to the network - server issue.

Whatever happened to the defense reports screen that we used to get upon logging in? Since that initial defense screen has been gone that is when this veterans screen not updating issue started, and yes it is happening on all the accounts with GU.

Thanks and have a blessed day.
Working...
X