Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update 3.40! - Has Targeted The Nightmare Bases!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update 3.40! - Has Targeted The Nightmare Bases!

Hello my friends,
    today, i'm gonna show you some nightmare bases how it has become (so easy) after this update!
    fixing; tank trap, AI pathfinding, ... & before that, has been fixed; sniper towers shoot over the rocks, ...
    all that changes make the game easier than before, easy for everyone to defeat any base!

# Base 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGpbQNkPLiQ
    # Base 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-8n15zwS9Y
    # Base 3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEvxuacDw3U
    # Base 4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MKuiuJix5E
    # Base 5
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FspyfuLDun8

------------------------------------------------------------
    YouTube Channel; Rabah GamePlay
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtv...4E1gVE5DV6ZmEw
    Last edited by Rabah_1989; 03-08-2018, 02:54 PM.

Tank trap - Why would a tank trap stop soldiers from walking past?

AI pathfinding - I agree that they've gone a little too far on this one. Troops automatically know the entire route(s) to the base. And these are instantly updated when any obstructions are removed. But then before it was too dumb. In my old base I stumbled across a setup where troops would walk into range of snipers at a barricade, get shot at, but then decide to turn around and walk back the other way! That just didn't make sense.
    I think the troops should act like ants. They should explore each route, but when they get far enough to realise it's a dead end they should communicate this to the other troops to cross that route off the list. That way split paths would have an effect, but would not see troops walking past each other to get to a dead end that their mates have already found blocked.

Sniper towers shooting over rocks - If the sniper towers can see over the rock to shoot the troops why can't the troops see over the same rock to shoot back at the sniper tower? I can understand troops on either side of the rock not being able to shoot each other. But I can't understand how the sniper tower can see the troops without being seen.

I think the bottom line is that if these three things had been in the game from the start then there would be nobody complaining to change them.
    As it is the players making the most noise are the ones who had based their bases around these three 'glitches', and want them back because they feel they have lost out.

Adapt & survive!

And cue the trolls......

Comment

• Gaaf_Allegaar
      Gaaf_Allegaar commented
      Editing a comment
      my ass, i've just finished a match where i removed 2 walls to by pass the barbed wire and still they went through the barbed wire...
      It's like they all want to die

• KittenHuffer
      KittenHuffer commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, I know that feeling well. I don't have an AI guiding my troops, I have an AD (Artificial Dumb)!
      I never said the troops were picking the 'best' route, I just said they were completely ignoring blocked routes.
      It's like the troops have knowledge that they shouldn't have that they act upon, but then they don't bother to use the knowledge they should have about things they can clearly see to select the best route. They are willing to walk down the length of 4 barb wires, ignoring the route you've cleared right alongside!

Originally posted by KittenHuffer View Post

AI pathfinding - I agree that they've gone a little too far on this one. Troops automatically know the entire route(s) to the base. And these are instantly updated when any obstructions are removed. But then before it was too dumb. In my old base I stumbled across a setup where troops would walk into range of snipers at a barricade, get shot at, but then decide to turn around and walk back the other way! That just didn't make sense.
    I think the troops should act like ants. They should explore each route, but when they get far enough to realise it's a dead end they should communicate this to the other troops to cross that route off the list. That way split paths would have an effect, but would not see troops walking past each other to get to a dead end that their mates have already found blocked.

Sniper towers shooting over rocks - If the sniper towers can see over the rock to shoot the troops why can't the troops see over the same rock to shoot back at the sniper tower? I can understand troops on either side of the rock not being able to shoot each other. But I can't understand how the sniper tower can see the troops without being seen.

I think the bottom line is that if these three things had been in the game from the start then there would be nobody complaining to change them.
    As it is the players making the most noise are the ones who had based their bases around these three 'glitches', and want them back because they feel they have lost out.

Adapt & survive!

And cue the trolls......
    I can not understand why we have to say again and again the self-evident.
    GUNS UP! is a fair game now, the bases must be strong but without frustrating exploits.
    Devs can add new structures and traps to make the bases stronger but not to allow any exploit.

What about a new Missile Silo structure, 50% better accuracy and range than mortar, one missile every 10-15 seconds.
    lvl 1 Missile Silo about 500 dmg, full upgraded 1300 dmg like the Missile special attack card.
    You can imagine how impressive and effective will be.
    Of course unlocked on levels 50+
    http://www.youtube.com/odytsak
    http://twitter.com/odytsak
    PS4/Steam: odytsak

Comment

• Rabah_1989
      Rabah_1989 commented
      Editing a comment
      @odytsak
      i can understand weak players that can't defeat that kind of bases and they camplain all time about ( tank trap, AI Pathfinding, sniper towers can shoot...etc)
      but what i can't understand is you, you're good in the game but you want it easy?!

• odytsak
      odytsak commented
      Editing a comment
      All I want is a fair gameplay because if there are exploits, many players quit the game,
      the devs can add HQ lvl 5 (bigger map), more build points for lvl 50+ players, new structures and traps etc etc to make harder bases.

• Rabah_1989
      Rabah_1989 commented
      Editing a comment
      but you know, all that kind of bases (big map) are really easy to defeat! I've never met a large and powerful base except
      this base with this glitch : sniper tower can shoot over the wall!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6NKmKrUtQE

Originally posted by odytsak View Post

I can not understand why we have to say again and again the self-evident.
    GUNS UP! is a fair game now, the bases must be strong but without frustrating exploits.
    Devs can add new structures and traps to make the bases stronger but not to allow any exploit.

What about a new Missile Silo structure, 50% better accuracy and range than mortar, one missile every 10-15 seconds.
    lvl 1 Missile Silo about 500 dmg, full upgraded 1300 dmg like the Missile special attack card.
    You can imagine how impressive and effective will be.
    Of course unlocked on levels 50+

It will be nice to have new units, new structures which leads to new bases, new tactics and so on but the main concern should be to improve performance and stability of the game itself.
    When this point is achieved then we can talk all day about specific gameplay evolutions.
    It seems that this point isn't a priority, i have done a couple of posts about that and admin/devs are systematically ignoring them.

Comment

• SDS_Chase
      SDS_Chase commented
      Editing a comment
      Trust me, we are aware of the issues in GUNS UP! and strive to remedy them with every update. I hope you're not under the impression that we ignore the community's bug reports.

• Uli_Bruli
      Uli_Bruli commented
      Editing a comment
      This is exactly the impression i have and, as i said, it's because of the fact that such issues are there since the game launch.
      Asking for info and being ignored, seeing 1+ years old bug still open, proposing game enhancements and, again, being ignored are all key factors when it comes to judge a game and its developers

Adapt & survive!

And cue the trolls......
    don't be realistic, it's just a game, but if we think like you, how can you explain:
    - only bombardiers can shoot over the rocks (after update 3.30) ?
    - for ex; How can the truck carry all that number of soldiers? XD
    i think in the next update, the truck could destroy the base and win himself !!! XD

Comment

• KittenHuffer
      KittenHuffer commented
      Editing a comment
      My post wasn't so much about realism. I was trying to make the point that if these three elements had started the way they are now then nobody would be complaining or campaigning for them to be changed back.

So, it's broken a few bases, mine included. In that players that were unable to defeat my base before are suddenly walking through it easily.
      It annoyed me for two reasons, and neither of them were about the gameplay changes.
      I'm suddenly having to 'build' new Vets at a rate that I've never had to before.
      And the change has happened at a time when I don't have 200 gold to reset my base, so I can design again from scratch.

What it has made me do is to start thinking of new solutions to problems that I thought I already had solved.
      If anything it has reinvigorated me as far as playing GU is concerned. I'm actually looking forward to going into it each day at the moment.

Several days have passed since this update 3.30 and the report is there: even if I repeated and I accepted this update, the game is much easier than before, it is a fact. On 30 bases of red skulls that I attack, I win 29.

Frankly, the only bases that can get by now are the sniper bases, and go, sometimes again, the bases of bombers. But overall, the game is easier than before I see it clearly and the hard-core GU players can not say the opposite.

Comment

• Rabah_1989
      Rabah_1989 commented
      Editing a comment
      well said

Majority of players don’t know how to deal with xploits, pathing and bombardier bases. The developers are only doing what the majority wants. Now you don’t need as many focus fires and 3k munitions. Maybe they are preparing for bigger maps, new perks and structures.

Comment

• Kumiankka98
      Kumiankka98 commented
      Editing a comment
      Let's hope that the devs got us some new content somewhere.

Originally posted by mendoza0206 View Post
    Majority of players don’t know how to deal with xploits, pathing and bombardier bases. The developers are only doing what the majority wants. Now you don’t need as many focus fires and 3k munitions. Maybe they are preparing for bigger maps, new perks and structures.
    what's the point from making the game easier?! it's boring now

Comment

As you can see from all the complaining going on everyone wants easy easy easy. One of the fun things about GU! was the hard to beat bases and if they are taking that away they are taking out a big part of why GU was worth playing. Many times over and over I would pay gold to retry a base just to see if I could beat it with the cards I brought or I would pay to try with different cards. They took away the option to retry with different cards and they are taking the option to have almost unbeatable bases.

Comment

Originally posted by mendoza0206 View Post
        As you can see from all the complaining going on everyone wants easy easy easy. One of the fun things about GU! was the hard to beat bases and if they are taking that away they are taking out a big part of why GU was worth playing. Many times over and over I would pay gold to retry a base just to see if I could beat it with the cards I brought or I would pay to try with different cards. They took away the option to retry with different cards and they are taking the option to have almost unbeatable bases.
        i think you don't want to understand so,i'll not answer you again!

Comment

Adapt & survive!

And cue the trolls......
          LOL, i can't adapt with easy bases

Comment

Working...
          X