X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.50 update review! Awesomeeeeee

Hello my friends! I have to start saying: Welllll done GUNS UP! team! Brilliant idea with the perks! Card packs? - AMAZING, new hats - wow! many many more!

Full review here : https://youtu.be/hik9wS3HBGM

What do you think guys? You like the new update?
    https://www.youtube.com/BoboVsGames

https://twitter.com/gamesxrs

Tyler,

Following are the unit changes according to odytsak's recent video about it

Machine Gunner
    • -50 Deployment Cost
    Bombardier
    • -1 Range
    • +13 Accuracy
    • ? reduced area of effect of grenade
    • -25 Deployment Cost
    Mercenary
    • +1 Range
    Sharpshooter
    • -2 Damage
    • -1 Range

Comment

• TylernatorJenson
      TylernatorJenson commented
      Editing a comment
      Coool! Thank you. Not really happy about sharpshooters

Trees no longer block units now apparently. Some grumbling in my alliance about it. Not sure how the community is going to feel about that change. I suspect many won't be too happy about it.

Comment

• TylernatorJenson
      Editing a comment
      Was there any update that made everyone happy? There is always someone complaining, I assume the best thing is to enjoy the new content

• Kenpo_Kid69
      Kenpo_Kid69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely, and enjoy I shall

Originally posted by Kenpo_Kid69 View Post
    Trees no longer block units now apparently. Some grumbling in my alliance about it. Not sure how the community is going to feel about that change. I suspect many won't be too happy about it.
    I can confirm that Trees no longer block units. See the fight in video below starting around 4:40

This change worked against me as much as it did for me (Paratroopers came out instead of tunneling out like I planned). I am not bothered by the change. Easy enough to adjust to.

Also, yes the Sharpshooters are nerfed on paper, but in practice they are still fine (at least in PvP) and I don't use them over the Snipers for PvP Defense even before.

Comment

Right, all the unit changes are pretty minor ones. Even if you hated them all, I don't think its that big of a deal, really. The nerfs to the sharpshooter were probably done to make them slightly less effective against structures. Sharpy is more of an crowd control unit, while Sniper is great for taking down buildings. Prior to the patch, it was much easier for me to vet sharpshooters to gold, than it was to vet gold Snipers. So not entirely surprised the devs felt the need to tweak the unit slightly.

I won't go too far out on the limb with the tree thing just yet, It doesn't really affect my base at all. I was definitely surprised by it though. It will be interesting to see how that all plays out with this next alliance war. Definitely expecting there to be some backlash with this one though.

Comment

• TylernatorJenson
        Editing a comment
        I tested the sharpshooters today, they are the same

• cusman
        cusman commented
        Editing a comment
        I saw comment from one of the developers that change to Tree is intentional. I find it more intuitive now that trees that were allowing Sniper Towers to hit past now allow troops to get past to shoot back. It seems a fair change to me.

In some respects the nerfs to sharpshooter will make the sniper/sharpshooter combo much stronger. Before the patch, sniper would usually be the first one to die, since Sharpshooter is a bit more durable. Now the sharpshooter is in a slightly forward staggered position in front of the sniper because of his decreased range, and so the sniper has a body shield in the sharpshooter, which really helps his survivalbility chances. Its also why I like using the Mercenary. With a range of 25, they act as a nice forward guard for the sniper and sharpshooter. Enemies will generally focus on them first and not my marksmen.

Comment

Jenson, you should make a vetting up series, using the medals as your guide. A series of vids basically where you explore the optimal ways to make vets for a particular unit. You could even revisit certain units as you think of different ways or people give you different strategies on how to vet up that unit. So its a series idea, I think you'd be able to milk for a while.

Comment

• TylernatorJenson
          Editing a comment
          That is a great idea! Thank you.
      Working...
      X