Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mission Blast Radius with Grenade Launchers (Level 46-47)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Blast Radius with Grenade Launchers (Level 46-47)

Blast Radius: Using explosive units, deal 25,000 splash damage to enemy units.
    • Special Operation: Launchers Laugh Last
    • Level Up 47: 2x Epic Card Pack + 35k Munitions
    • New Hero Unit: Commando from 1st Epic Card Pack
    Very happy to reach Level 47 and earn new Hero Unit (Commando) from one of the Epic Card Packs.

very good unit if you use damage perk + fire rate perk, hero perk = endless clip. quite a formidable unit

Comment

Originally posted by revzi100 View Post
      very good unit if you use damage perk + fire rate perk, hero perk = endless clip. quite a formidable unit
      I have Commando on my PSN account for long time. Nice that I finally got on my Steam account. Will be a while I think before I have enough Valor to unlock all 3 Perk slots, but what do you recommend for 3rd Perk Slot (after Damage and Fire Rate)?

Comment

Damage, rapid deployement , minimum wage is what worked best for me on commando when not using the speed perk instead of damage. The grenade launcher is a very sturdy unit. It can take a lot of damage, makes a lot of damage and can be deployed cheaply and fast. Very good unit for attacking and defending.

Comment

Originally posted by mendoza0206*PC View Post
          Damage, rapid deployement , minimum wage is what worked best for me on commando when not using the speed perk instead of damage. The grenade launcher is a very sturdy unit. It can take a lot of damage, makes a lot of damage and can be deployed cheaply and fast. Very good unit for attacking and defending.
          Having used it a lot since Launchers Laugh Last started, I see the Grenade Launcher like this

Pros
          • Cheap enough that don't feel need to use Minimum Wage
          • Deploy fast enough that don't feel need to use Rapid Deployment
          • Do high Splash damage (like Bombardiers) that if you can time well can be good way to get rid of Barbwire or even Walls if the battle is giving you enough time. I mean without using Focus Fire, just timing things to where Grenade Launcher can damage the defensive choke. Definitely work better if you can give + Damage Perk
          • Do stagger damage, which is also very good at putting advancing defenders or units that survive hit behind cover on pause.
          • They can and do fire over things just like Bombardier, but not anything like the defending Bombardiers do
          Cons
          • Range is very low, which means you have to use lot of meat shield that can hold the line until they can get in range and start lobbing Grenades
          • Speed is slow, so best to use Speed perk
          • Decent Health but most units that have more range will kill them before they get a chance to even lob one Grenade. Even best Health Perk + Health Hat isn't enough to let it survive more than 1 Sniper Tower hit (from close to fully upgraded Sniper Nests)
          • Like Bombardier, shots fired can take a while to reach target, and lot of times the target gets taken out by something longer range before Grenades actually land
          • Unlike Bombardier, there is no stream of shots that will continue to land damage with high inaccuracy so less chance of additional splash damage
          • Very slow fire rate
          Neutral
          • Focus Fire on thick set of walls or something further can take out the other end before the early part of wall is taken out by straight shooters
          • Fun to use (for a change)
          Definitely a good reason you don't see it used much in offense (same reason don't see much use of Bombardier in offense). It is better on Defense (can be devastating like any of the explosive units), but much weaker than Bombardier to Ranged Snipers and also not as effective from behind indestructible barriers.

Comment

I would disagree with you on your cons comment about very slow fire rate. A launcher with ultra fast reload is deadly.

Comment

The set-up I use for my launchers is Damage, Speed, Fast Reload, and Bloodthirst

The fast reload makes their reload speed go from 2.15 to 1.14, which makes a world of difference on their performance.

Comment

Originally posted by mendoza0206*PC View Post
                I would disagree with you on your cons comment about very slow fire rate. A launcher with ultra fast reload is deadly.
                Originally posted by Kenpo_Kid69 View Post
                The set-up I use for my launchers is Damage, Speed, Fast Reload, and Bloodthirst

The fast reload makes their reload speed go from 2.15 to 1.14, which makes a world of difference on their performance.
                I'll have to try swapping out Faster Fire Rate for Faster Reload. Thanks for the tips

EDIT: Next I played I found I was already using Faster Reload over Faster Fire Rate. Their range is really small so that continues to be the biggest weakness of the unit. Bombardier range is much greater.
                Last edited by cusman; 04-13-2018, 08:55 AM.

Comment

maybe health

Comment

• cusman
                    cusman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Health is what I have used traditionally as my third perk on the Commandos, but sometimes I switch it to Speed or Unstoppable
                Working...
                X