Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

in the silent words of virgin mother mary; Come again?!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in the silent words of virgin mother mary; Come again?!

Could anyone enlighten me how this is possible?
    If it's a cheater; i took a screenshot of his name as well but i prefer checking first to prevent unnecessary bans

I see nothing wrong here. What exactly are you referring to?
    Last edited by Maus_1908; 04-11-2018, 08:41 AM.

Comment

the three AA's grouped so tightly you'd think they're a bunch of White elderly tourists in the bronx...??

Comment

Lol! Actually AA's can be as close to one another as you personally want, there is no proximity restriction for AA's. Theoretically you could place 8 AA's next to each other, no cheating involved

Comment

• Gaaf_Allegaar
          Gaaf_Allegaar commented
          Editing a comment
          Why the lol bro? What's so funny?

• Maus_1908
          Maus_1908 commented
          Editing a comment
          Never mind dude

Originally posted by Maus_1908 View Post
        Lol! Actually AA's can be as close to one another as you personally want, there is no proximity restriction for AA's. Theoretically you could place 8 AA's next to each other, no cheating involved
        Unfortunate but true
        Alliance: Helldivers
        YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/cusman

Comment

• Maus_1908
          Maus_1908 commented
          Editing a comment
          I personally never mind AA's being that close together, gives a lot of points and it often means other parts of the defenses are weakened. I feel like proximity rescrictions for AA's would make bases a bit too vulnerable to missiles etc.

• cusman
          cusman commented
          Editing a comment
          My only issue is so many AA all together make the Aerial special drops worthless, the same way Iron Lungs make Tear Gas worthless. At that point all that is left that is useful in the special drops are Rally, Decoy, Focus Fire, and Munitions.

Ere ere on that one cus

Comment

What if you could continue to put as many Anti-Air structures close together you want, but they change radically to not be 100% accurate and instead have a chance to shoot down.

So they would be better at shooting down a Missile (x1) or Fire Bomb (x1) than Paratroopers (x4) or Bombing Run (~10 bombs). Having multiple AA could allow all the Bombing Run shells to be neutralized. But if you fire Bombing Run at same time as something else, maybe now that something else has higher chance of getting through.

Alternatively, what if Tear Gas would keep the AA from activating and allow Aerial Specials to be used? This way if they are clustered together, higher risk against Tear Gas, but if they are spread apart they continue to provide very good coverage.

I would just like for Aerial specials to continue having some potential tactical benefits on bases that use a lot of AA.

Comment

• robertcr505
            robertcr505 commented
            Editing a comment
            What makes sense too is that they all fire. If the AA is in the proximity of an incoming munition, then it/they should all fire, not one at a time. That would prevent the bunching of AAs.

• cusman
            cusman commented
            Editing a comment
            I think it would be weird if a single Missile could overload all your Anti-Air. That's why I think something like Bombing Run could have more strategic value in overloading Anti-Air, and then hopefully you can sneak the more effective Missile in.

• robertcr505
            robertcr505 commented
            Editing a comment
            You're right, bombing run makes more sense. But, just to be a pain, would an AA unit place there assets so close together in "real life?" Seems like they would all engage if the incoming was in their proximity. Who know...

okay, thx guys. I assumed that AA's had the same issue as others when it comes to placing restrictions..

Comment

Well them developers need to get on it ASAP and fix this dang XPLOIT. What’s the point of bringing aerials if they can’t be used because of this damn AAs? I’m being sarcastic by the way. The game drops aerials left and right, more than enough to overcome all this AAs you just have to learn when and where to drop them.

Comment

Originally posted by mendoza0206*PC View Post
              Well them developers need to get on it ASAP and fix this dang XPLOIT. What’s the point of bringing aerials if they can’t be used because of this damn AAs? I’m being sarcastic by the way. The game drops aerials left and right, more than enough to overcome all this AAs you just have to learn when and where to drop them.
              Sorry but people that are breaking through the tougher bases using lot of Anti-Air are not doing it by having and using too much aerial drops (by just choosing better when and where).
              • The in-battle clock takes 15 seconds per drop (unless you are using a Special Event card to make it slightly faster)
              • It does 3 munitions drops and then a special drop. So you get 1 special every 60 seconds
              • The special itself can be Bombing Run, Fire Bomb, Missile, Rally, Tear Gas, or Focus Fire (basically 50% chance of being an Aerial)
              • If the battle gives you 5:30 for time, and opponent has a choke using 5 Anti-Air (not that uncommon), you would need all 5 of your special drops to be Aerial just to neutralize all those Anti-Air things protecting the defending troops from Aerial attacks.
              In a longer mission, say max of 11 minutes, if you get nothing but Aerials (never happens), they could have 8 Anti-Air all covering the same choke, so you would be able to use 3 of them. In any case, that isn't what you will use to get past that choke regardless.

As it stands, because the Anti-Air are so dominantly effective, if I do get a bunch of Aerial specials, unless I target and get rid of a few Anti-Air with Focus Fire first, the specials just sit in inventory unused. On easy bases, it doesn't matter. But on harder bases, the aerial option and tear gas are generally both off the table.

Comment

I agree with Cusman, AA towers are definitely dominant. You could have 10 aerials, and it probably wouldn't matter much. People know they're in for a hard time when they see 8 anti-air. And people using those anti-air will usually cluster them together on one choke.

Tear gas would be interesting solution to the problem and place a much higher value for using it. I don't know if a move like that would be a very popular one for the devs to make though.

Comment

Working...
                X