Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying Situation Since 3.30 update!

Hello Developers!
    i'm gonna show you this annoying situation since 3.30 update, it's about stupid behavior of troops after this update!
    1- troops ignore buildings in this area!
    proof.jpg
    proof #1
    GUNS UP!™_20180311001322.jpg

but, in this area they never ignore any building !!!
    proof2.jpg
    that AA doesn't even shoot on my troops but they go there and destroy it!
    GUNS UP!™_20180302142138.jpg

thanks.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    YouTube Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtv...DV6ZmEw/videos

Attached Files

Thank you for the screens.

Comment

• Rabah_1989
      Rabah_1989 commented
      Editing a comment
      you're welcome

yes this has been happening to me as well, clear line of sight on building but they just walk the other way

Comment

I reported the problem where Troops will not go down a path that is obstructed by destructible structures (not counting walls), but many people didn't agree that it should be considered a problem. I think what you are reporting is symptom of the same thing.

http://forums.gunsupgame.com/forum/s...ai-improvement

Comment

I've seen this happen to me also. I have several Riots standing in a corner or shooting thru a gap in the wall or rocks at an AA gun or or mortar while my units are getting slaughtered just a few feet away.

1. What also happens is your units are starting to go the route you want, then an enemy unit appears on the opposite path, all your units engage and move to that path.

2. I've seen the Commando and Bombardier shoot into the corner of the wall effectively blocking the rounds going downrange, instead of moving just around the edge of the wall to engage the enemy units.

3. More than a few time the Bombardier get "stuck" at the gap between the two low walls closest to the base that has a wall blocking it, just stands there and swivels back and forth and gets killed.
        Last edited by MonsterLoad*PC; 04-13-2018, 11:21 AM.

Comment

I think this has to do with the fact that the road beneath is blocked at foto labeled proof#1, thats why your units go to the top and bypass the buildings bc of pathfinding.

Comment

• Rabah_1989
            Rabah_1989 commented
            Editing a comment
            i know very well what i'm talking about, i said it has been happening after 3.30 update!, that means before developers have fixed pathfinding (update 3.41)
            because before 3.30 update there wasn't this glitch.

It's weird how path blocking is being seen by the AI. I know it's a growing process but once again we're forced to learn how to deal with the dumb AI. I especially hate how you can knock down the walls to clear a path but if there's a building blocking they'll simply turn around and not follow the path to the end to destroy the structure.

Comment

This is the worst season of alliance that I can recall playing. Its actually seems easier now to win from defending than from attacking.

First of all everyone is running the exact same base now. A hybrid of Snipers and Bombardiers and for some odd reason some of the bases the snipers on defense have shot over the low walls, but the attacking snipers do not. I really think that the Sharpshooter should have his range back to help keep snipers in check. That's just my personal commentary. Now on to the glitches.

If you look at the pics you'll see that my truck is being ignored by the enemy and all his forces are running to the entrance of the map. When I try to bomb those forces, the bomb does not hit them and instead hits off the travel portion of the map and hits the top portion of it instead. The bomb blast is represented by an eyeball in the picture by the way, just so you have an idea. Tried it twice, both times that's about where the blast hit.

When I use a rally flag, the rally flag only works halfway, causing my troops to travel 2 paths, some low, some high. When I use a focus fire they just kind of lazily shoot at the walls and tower and what winds up happening is they get butchered by the Bombardiers, which because of their increased accuracy actually seem to be even better than they were before the patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenpo_Kid69 View Post
              This is the worst season of alliance that I can recall playing. Its actually seems easier now to win from defending than from attacking.
              I agree, since the following situations exist
              • If Defender blocks path using Structure, the dumb AI will avoid that path unless you force your troops close enough to that structure (wasting Rally) to possibly destroy that structure and proceed down the path you want. This is relatively new problem.
              • Once units emerge from choke point, they only see what is within their range and ignore completely all the stuff shooting at them. This means they would rather show their back to go after a sterile Anti-Air placed around wall or rocks than return fire to all the units blasting / shooting them to shreds. The AI was dumb like this when I first started playing the game, then at some point it stopped being this dumb, and now they are back to being dumb. Actually much dumber because before getting shot used to change their mind, but now they just don't care.
              • Attackers will go out of their way to go attack something that is behind them once a path is open, but will not go and attack something in front of them that requires a small detour just to go and finish it off (even when it is shooting at them).
              Regarding the 5:30 Bombardier bases, I don't really care. It is clearly very strong and effective defense scenario, so most of them will win, and they can go up the chain in difficulty and get out of my way. As unfair as the Bombardier scenario can feel, all other bases seem to just bet on being stronger than your attacking army. In those cases the attacker has the unfair advantage (lots of time, and make choices in real time). If there are more than 5:30 Bombardier bases that the more experienced players with quality perks, hats, etc are struggling against, I myself haven't really encountered them.

Comment

Originally posted by cusman View Post

I agree, since the following situations exist
                • If Defender blocks path using Structure, the dumb AI will avoid that path unless you force your troops close enough to that structure (wasting Rally) to possibly destroy that structure and proceed down the path you want. This is relatively new problem.
                • Once units emerge from choke point, they only see what is within their range and ignore completely all the stuff shooting at them. This means they would rather show their back to go after a sterile Anti-Air placed around wall or rocks than return fire to all the units blasting / shooting them to shreds. The AI was dumb like this when I first started playing the game, then at some point it stopped being this dumb, and now they are back to being dumb. Actually much dumber because before getting shot used to change their mind, but now they just don't care.
                • Attackers will go out of their way to go attack something that is behind them once a path is open, but will not go and attack something in front of them that requires a small detour just to go and finish it off (even when it is shooting at them).
                Regarding the 5:30 Bombardier bases, I don't really care. It is clearly very strong and effective defense scenario, so most of them will win, and they can go up the chain in difficulty and get out of my way. As unfair as the Bombardier scenario can feel, all other bases seem to just bet on being stronger than your attacking army. In those cases the attacker has the unfair advantage (lots of time, and make choices in real time). If there are more than 5:30 Bombardier bases that the more experienced players with quality perks, hats, etc are struggling against, I myself haven't really encountered them.
                In regards to your observations, this are nothing new and have been in the game since I started playing. They used to be worst when units would go check out enclosed structures like a ping pong ball one by one making them go in circles and forcing them to split and trickle to their slow death. Many base builders have taken advantage of the path splitting, structure path blocking, taking advance of the units wanting to back track to destroy a lonely AA or mortar who is surrounded by toxic and gas tanks killing themselves in the process. They have also been taking advantage of the units targeting bunkers and AAs while being picked by enemy units. More and more people have been noticing this behavior only because they are being matched against harder opponents because of ABs. Before ABs not many people complained because they would just simply skip those bases or they just didn’t attack nightmares. XBino, JoeyPR, gargajo, daz, juniorchess, smallpaper, kdesmo are some of the many players who have been building their bases by taking advantage of this. It’s not an “XPLOIT” because it’s something that’s available to all and not manipulation of the software is necessary. I have many videos to prove this and there is many others on YouTube that also prove it. Maybe this will help the developers address the issue and fix it. But then again this is what makes nightmares a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by cusman View Post
                  [*]Once units emerge from choke point, they only see what is within their range and ignore completely all the stuff shooting at them. This means they would rather show their back to go after a sterile Anti-Air placed around wall or rocks than return fire to all the units blasting / shooting them to shreds. The AI was dumb like this when I first started playing the game, then at some point it stopped being this dumb, and now they are back to being dumb. Actually much dumber because before getting shot used to change their mind, but now they just don't care.
                  for that reason i never use the path is being made by the opponents, also i use rally flag to avoid that useless buildings...etc
                  maybe it's a stupid behavior from troops but we have to deal with it

Comment

• cusman
                    cusman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I understand how to spot and how to not get tripped up by unintuitive dumb AI situations. I am just stating the cases where the AI is unintuitive and dumber (in my opinion) than it should be. These dumb things force more players to play in a much more uniform way (relying on Range and Focus Fire) to solve most of their problems.

As for emerging from choke rather than picking your own path. Except for some Bombardier and Chemist scenario (that hurt and stagger), I find you can walk right through with the right amount of meat shield and timing, and yes using Rally to move forward while you have Decoy / Tear Gas shutting down the attackers is a key tactic.

Don't always have Focus Fire. Gotta use what the game gives in the special drops.
                Working...
                X