X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HQ Squad Card: Rangers, Medic, Commando, Rocketeer

Can someone confirm if this card is still available? I am level 67, I have almost all other cards ( missing some Diamond Perks), but have never received this card. I have recycled Command Cards, Valor Cards, opened crates, used gold for Card Packs, etc. and have yet to see this card. Do I have to get rid of other cards to maybe get this one? I understand its low probability, or maybe random, but this seems a bit odd that I cant get this card. I see players far lower level who have this card already. Devs/Steve, what the deal? Am I just that unlucky?

A guy I know who played for 3 days total got it on day 3 (2 days ago). I was testing his base out and noticed it and just shook my head as like you I've never seen one.

Comment

• robertcr505
      robertcr505 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats crazy. Sounds like Cusman might be on to something. I wonder if the devs would elaborate or is that not public info.

I got that card from an ab battlr

Comment

• robertcr505
      robertcr505 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have all the other Command Cards as well?

• RolexHoster
      RolexHoster commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes i have them all finally

• RolexHoster
      RolexHoster commented
      Editing a comment
      But i like more 2 commandos with endles clips diamond damage diamond fire rate diamand accury + 10% fire rate had that just mad

Over 10k battles, hundreds of valor recycled, dozens of hq cards and thousands of attack cards recycled, many ultra perks recycled, can’t remember how many crates I have opened, recycled all my hero perks once and still have yet to see this hq card. I guess some of us are just very unlucky.

Comment

• robertcr505
      robertcr505 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm, seems suspicious to me. I feel like if maybe we give up other Command Cards from our inventory, maybe we can get them?? It looks like I have space for one more card when i go to HQ --> Edit Cards --> Command Cards. There looks like 1 empty slot at the very bottom. Maybe this just how its set up.

I imagine most of us have something or other (desirable) that the random drops system keeps us from getting (spending money or otherwise) as part of the F2P uncapped gambling spending monetization model. It's all that stuff you might have read in various articles on gaming skinner boxes, unregulated gambling, enticing players, etc.

For instance, on my PSN account where I started playing Guns Up! and reached level 50+, spent $150+, got all heroes and hero perks, and unlocked all Medals preceding Accolades, the game will never give me either Training Grounds or the Engineer HQ Squad command cards.

On my Steam account, where I spent $80 so far is now level 47 and I got all heroes, some quality hero perks, and the Engineer HQ Squad and it is definitely one I am glad to have, but the game will not give me a single Iron Lungs, nor some other desirable things like Veteran Benefits, Training Grounds, or Commando HQ Squad command cards.

My wife who has never spent any money has just 3 heroes (the best of them: commando, bombardier, and surgeon), and has great command cards like Training Grounds. She also doesn't have Iron Lungs and most of her Hero Perks have been Scavenger.

On to more nefarious side... do you notice that you get pitted again mostly opponents having things you wish you had? So my PSN account goes up against tons of other bases using Engineer HQ Squads, and my Steam account goes up against tons of bases using Commando HQ Squad. Also lots and lots of bases I go against on both accounts seem to have Training Grounds.

Could it all be coincidence? Sure, but until the gambling becomes regulated and validated to be fair, I'm of the mind that there is a lot of care put into what drops each of us gets based on what we already have. Just like we can read about in other games using similar gambling mechanics for random drop rewards.
    Alliance: Helldivers
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/cusman

Comment

• robertcr505
      robertcr505 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, thats bull. There are probably other items we are destined to never get and perhaps have not noticed it yet. I only notice this HQ card since its one of the better HQ Squads. Its odd that the one you cant get, I believe I have recycled trying to get the above mentioned. I mentioned this a long time ago when I was suggesting the "Trade" option. Instead of Gifting ( or as an addition to) allow players to trade cards amongst each other. Sure, someone will figure out a cheat and exploit and a way to take advantage of the trading system, but for the non-cheaters, it could enhance the game.
      Last edited by robertcr505; 04-19-2018, 12:14 PM. Reason: :Spelling
Working...
X