X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Special Operation: Running Riot

Special Operation: Absorb 200,000 points of damage with the Riot and receive a level 1 Steady perk.
    Event Time: 2 Weeks starting this morning (US CST)

Note: Doesn't say Repeatable, but it is

To see how many Level 1 / Bronze perks you need to get one Level 6 / Diamond perk, you can refer to the table below
    • To get 1 Diamond, you need 243 Bronze
    • To get 1 Ultra, you need 81 Bronze
    • To get 1 Legendary, you need 27 Bronze
    • To get 1 Gold, you need 9 Bronze
    • To get 1 Silver, you need 3 Bronze
    Compared to the one for Minimum Wage and Damage, it is 5 to 10 times less generous because it will take 5-10 PvP Battles to complete one cycle of Running Riot vs the 1-2 PvP battles it would take to complete something like Launchers Laugh Last.

Real question: Is Steady even worth equipping? I have tried equipping up to Ultra level and as far as I could tell it didn't make much difference. The only unit that doesn't stagger from explosions remains the Engineer and that one does that without any Steady perk equipped.
    Last edited by cusman; 04-19-2018, 02:16 PM.
    Alliance: Helldivers
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/cusman

Steady helps make your units tankier, so its alright. I think it combos pretty well with perks like health and speed.

Helps get you past that mortar field faster. Helps with Bombardiers. I think the health of the unit is vital to get the most out of Steady. If you put it on a unit like grunts who often die in one hit anyway, it can be pointless. But even if you have units of equal value, the fact they don't get staggered as often means they have a much better chance of winning the fight. Units with special abilities like Riot have a much easier time sustaining their stun effect, since they are less likely to be staggered.

On units with sustained fire like Commando or units with limited range like Engineer, Riot, and Flamer so they can more easily close the gap. Or even long range units like Sniper and Sharpshooter, especially if they're equipped with Bloodthirst.

Comment

They're being a bit stingy with this event I think. I don't mind it being the Steady perk as you can't always have it be as salivating as speed, damage, minimum wage, etc.

No, what annoys me is last time they did this event it was set to repeat every 125,000 points of damage, now its 200,000. I feel its a bit too high now, and it feels unneccesarily grindy for what you're getting.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenpo_Kid69 View Post
        Steady helps make your units tankier, so its alright. I think it combos pretty well with perks like health and speed.

Helps get you past that mortar field faster. Helps with Bombardiers. I think the health of the unit is vital to get the most out of Steady. If you put it on a unit like grunts who often die in one hit anyway, it can be pointless. But even if you have units of equal value, the fact they don't get staggered as often means they have a much better chance of winning the fight. Units with special abilities like Riot have a much easier time sustaining their stun effect, since they are less likely to be staggered.

On units with sustained fire like Commando or units with limited range like Engineer, Riot, and Flamer so they can more easily close the gap. Or even long range units like Sniper and Sharpshooter, especially if they're equipped with Bloodthirst..
        I started using on my Flamer in PvP instead of faster Reload. My reasoning is when they move forward they are less likely to get halted before they get to destination and can start spraying the good stuff. Then without faster reload, they can sit still while my Riots / Engineers catch up and provide a shield, and my Medics / Surgeons catch up to heal / revive. Then the cycle continues. Not sure how much Steady really helping, but I'll keep at it until I get my Firestarter Medal.

Originally posted by Kenpo_Kid69 View Post
        They're being a bit stingy with this event I think. I don't mind it being the Steady perk as you can't always have it be as salivating as speed, damage, minimum wage, etc.

No, what annoys me is last time they did this event it was set to repeat every 125,000 points of damage, now its 200,000. I feel its a bit too high now, and it feels unneccesarily grindy for what you're getting.
        I didn't take full advantage of the recent Effectual Healing getting lots of Minimum Wage perks (didn't really have time to play as much), but I had a blast in Launchers Laugh Last and optimized on opponent selection and my loadout to point where I would complete the 25 buildings required every 1-2 PvP battles max. In many cases it would be just one PvP battle. So I probably got 50+ Level 1 Damage perks over the course of 2 weeks.

I think the last Launchers Laugh Last was requiring 20 buildings and for this one they upped to 25. So they have this pattern of increasing requirement. Probably in relation to how much they saw the previous Special Operation of same type getting efficiently farmed.

That said, I don't see how you can farm Steady by making your Riots take more damage because you have to play really bad and risk losing to make them take that much damage. Also the people that have high end Health Hats / Perks have a clear advantage, simply because their Riot sacrifices will have more health to lose.
        Alliance: Helldivers
        YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/cusman

Comment

That said, I don't see how you can farm Steady by making your Riots take more damage because you have to play really bad and risk losing to make them take that much damage. Also the people that have high end Health Hats / Perks have a clear advantage, simply because their Riot sacrifices will have more health to lose.
          Steady is only really going to help your Riot use his powers, which is good for normal circumstances but not necessarily for farming the challenge. In fact, if anything he's liable to take less damage with steady. But you can do other things, like run Surgeons and Medics to help keep him on the field. As well as minimum wage, rapid deploy, and volunteers to have as many Riots deployed as possible.

I started using on my Flamer in PvP instead of faster Reload. My reasoning is when they move forward they are less likely to get halted before they get to destination and can start spraying the good stuff. Then without faster reload, they can sit still while my Riots / Engineers catch up and provide a shield, and my Medics / Surgeons catch up to heal / revive. Then the cycle continues. Not sure how much Steady really helping, but I'll keep at it until I get my Firestarter Medal.
          I haven't tried Steady on my flamers yet. Although I started running it on my commando with poison bullets, health, and a regeneration hat. The idea here is to not really go for damage as one normally does, but to inflict poison status on as many enemy troops as possible. So while he's ignoring their shots because of steady, they become semi-incapacitated because of poison bullets and then he hopefully regenerates his lost health with the regeneration hat since he's now a bullet sponge because of the additional health.

I also run it on my Bombardier with extra health and bloodthirst. He never stops firing, except to reload and he recovers health because of bloodthirst.

You can see quantitative data by seeing how much money you earn in defends against the AI. Do a few runs, tweak the units and gauge their performance that way. Just running steady on those two units has almost doubled what I make on average against the cpu when I wasn't running it.

Comment

• cusman
            cusman commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for sharing your constructive and helpful insights. Appreciate it
        Working...
        X