X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level advantage not seen discussed here yet

Since I have played the game from 1-50 on PSN and then started again on Steam and going through similar, and I seen videos from odystak and Bobo and some others, I have come to realize that the amount of munitions that drops with the clock steadily increases with Level.

There are three types of munition drops (15 second clock): small, medium, and large
    • Level 1-22 seems to be fixed at 15, 35, 65
    • Level 23 and beyond, it seems to be +1 on small, +2 on medium, and +3 on large
    I don't have videos to reference from what I have uploaded for all the levels, but clearly there are outliers in the pattern along the way, because
    • Level 30 is 22, 52, 95 instead of 23, 53, 96 (if pattern was solid)
    • Level 31-34 seem to keep to the +1, +2, and +3 pattern
    • Level 35 is at 26, 61, 113 instead of being 27, 62, 110 (if pattern was solid)
    • Level 36 is at 27, 63, 117, instead of 27, 63, 116 (if pattern was solid)
    • Level 40 is at 30, 70, 130, instead of 31, 71, 129 (if pattern was solid)
    • Level 45 is at 33, 78, 146 instead of 36, 81, 144 (if pattern was solid)
    • Level 50 is at 37, 87, 162 instead of 41, 91, 159 (if pattern was solid)
    Continuing on with a loose pattern of +1, +2, and +3, with unexplained deviations, by level 130 you have
    • Level 130 is at 97, 227, 422
    Basically the players that play well past Level 50, continue to increase their PvP advantage of higher quantity scheduled munition drops with each additional level. You can see some of the top players are at 100+ level ( http://gunsupgame.com/en-us/leaderbo.../pvp_score/all ).

Not sure what the exact schedule or calculation is all the way through, but it definitely doesn't kick in until players first get past level 22, and beyond that there seems to be maybe some +% calculation instead of an exact +1, +2, and +3 that seems to be in place most of the time.

Anyway, so is this a fair advantage for players that put in the time / boosts to level up quickly? Should there be an upper cap as some players are continuing to power level past 100? Please share your thoughts.
    Last edited by cusman; 04-20-2018, 10:17 AM.

Hmm. Good job cusman. Keep uncovering these secrets!

Comment

• cusman
      cusman commented
      Editing a comment
      We have all been somewhat familiar with there being some increase, but to see that it is a linear increase keeping up with the levels all the way to 100+ made me realize that someone at level 50 gets just 1/2 of the scheduled munitions drops as someone closer to level 130. Pretty substantial advantage that keeps compounding the higher the level difference gets.

I also feel when you get higher level, you get more of the medium and large munitions drops than when you are just starting out. It's actually very rare to get the large munitions drops in lower levels.

We all know why Minimum Wage is such a great Perk and it does nothing to improve the units, just makes them cheaper. Well, having something like 50% more scheduled munitions drops is a pretty substantial advantage as well.

Personally I'm not satisfied with just +6 munitions on average for every level up,
    it should be more rewards, for example a king's crown regen lvl 3 hat as lvl 100 reward!

Btw congrats to mrfelisnucleo the new #1 GUNS UP! player in the world!
    http://www.youtube.com/odytsak
    http://twitter.com/odytsak
    PS4/Steam: odytsak

Comment

• SunnyRT
      SunnyRT commented
      Editing a comment
      And now we have the name of this elite alliance being put together "War Masters".

• cusman
      cusman commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I saw in the Alliances forums, the "War Masters" are going to be expecting 5000+ points per member per Alliance Season. If they can really manage it with at least 5 members, they will definitely earn either Legendary Alliance Badges. The more players beyond 5 they can manage doing similar, the closer to Champion Alliance Badges they will get.

• MonsterLoad*PC
      MonsterLoad*PC commented
      Editing a comment
      I had 142 AB's saved up when I went into this last season AB, mostly by accidentally buying them when getting attack cards. I ended up using every one plus the ones I received from battles. I managed 5500 points and was in no. 6 clan.

To be in a top team, you have to purchase bonus battles to achieve those 5000+ scores. I've decided to put AB on the back burner while I upgrade my base.

Originally posted by odytsak View Post
    Personally I'm not satisfied with just +6 munitions on average for every level up,
    I think you are not recognizing how fast you have been leveling up. I think there is a compounding effect in place where both XP and Muntions earn rates are more and more in your favor the higher level you get. I can get similar kill streaks as in your videos where you show huge XP / Munitions gains, but my gains at level 47 / 51 are no where near your gains.

Originally posted by odytsak View Post
    it should be more rewards, for example a king's crown regen lvl 3 hat as lvl 100 reward!
    In Helldivers (another game I really like) at rank 50 (the highest cap), the players avatar gets new title of Admiral of Super Earth and the Admiral's uniform to wear (Helmet, Armor, and Cape). A nice cosmetic award for achieving some high-max level like 100 would certainly be fitting.

Speaking of which, I know Guns Up! used to be capped at 50, and then I assumed it increased to 100. So does Guns Up! have a new cap or is it just going to keep increasing for you to 999 and beyond?

Comment

I don't know why you can't earn huge amounts of XP using killstreak.

For example, that player ratatata posted this screenshot with 470k XP!
      https://imgur.com/a/eYUTh
      on my YouTube channel with the comment ''Thanks Ody for teaching us''

Comment

Originally posted by Kumiankka98 View Post
        Hmm. Good job cusman. Keep uncovering these secrets!
        Secrets? It's not a secret. Everyone knows that you earn more and more munitions from scheduled drops as you level up.

Comment

• cusman
          cusman commented
          Editing a comment
          Took me a long time to really key into it. It was from watching your videos where I see how you spam Grunts and other expensive units and your Munitions keep growing. For long time I just though better Minimum Wage Perks, then I started to realize your Munition drops are consistently higher than what I get.

It took a while for it to click for me and I am pretty enthusiastic about the game so I doubt "everyone" knows. Well now they might begin to...

The higher level you are the harder bases you have to face so it kinda makes sense that you get more munis. At level 70 I faced the toughest bases and got attacked by some of the best and worst high level players. High level doesn’t mean more skilled or better attacker it just means more multipliers used. I would make it a habit to attacke higher levels than me to see if they would retaliate and many wouldn’t even try maybe they were too scared to fail at pretend war. Sometimes I would attack the same player 5-6 times a day and yet no retaliation even tho that player was higher level than me. You are very observant CUSMAN to notice this kind of things, I never played attaentio to the drop increase. I mostly pay attention to what the enemy is doing and that’s about it.

Comment

• cusman
          cusman commented
          Editing a comment
          After 500+ hours playing and many hours in forums, watching YouTube videos, etc, it finally caught my attention... so not too proud of my observance +_=

But I did find it meaningful enough learning to share with others here
      Working...
      X