X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please get rid of the 3 star mission for base kills

The new defense mode completely nullifies this mission for me and I am sure several other players as the AI rarely even gets near my base. Now if you want to start tallying up non AI players it would be doable but I shouldn't

A) have to spend 50 gold to skip the mission
    B) Have to dismantle my whole base to get the mission done.

AND

While your at it for the 3 star beat 9 nightmare opponents THIS SHOULD be calculating nightmare opponents during alliance battles. I shouldn't have to beat 20-30 bases that qualify to get this.

As for non mission issues the waist high rock formation that blocks paths units should be able to see over and fire over it especially if I am using a focus fire, and your units shouldn't stop in front of it and fire into it just because someone puts a radar unit there. This is supposed to be guns up, they aren't dragging their guns on the ground are they?

Also in addition let me note how ANNOYING it is that this game doesn't save progress of missions in the middle of stuff ESPECIALLY how much it crashes. Case in point kill 750 soldiers with structures which can take awhile if your units are good. Not too much fun having a 20 min defense session crash after 100-150 kills added to the mission and then not get the munitions or the kills.

Comment

I fill up my HQ with units that stay in and shoot out of it. Then I work on destroying my base with the power ups from defending it. It usually takes a couple of attempts to complete it. It's definitely a pain.

Comment

There is actually things you can do to make this mission much faster and easier to do. The easiest thing would be to delete primary defense structures and get rid of all your vets. Most people aren't going to want to do this, but there are ways around it.

1) Change the HQ Cards on your base. Do not run a HQ Squad that will only slow the enemy forces which is something you don't want to do. Instead run all HQ Defender cards Snipers and Rockeeters are great because of their range. Even Assault defenders though are incredibly effective.

2) I don't like deleting my base, so generally I'll delete a bunker or something, so that its easy to put back after the battle. Use the missiles, bombing runs, and Fire bombs the game gives you to wipe out your own units and structures. This will let the enemy get to your HQ faster. And the faster they get there the easier it will be for you.

3) Save your tear gas and decoys for when the enemy forces get to your base. Use them to help prolong the engagement so that your HQ scores more kills before dying. I like to run one tent of Engineers, the one closest to the HQ so they can help keep it alive and maximize the amount of kills my HQ gets in a battle. You can knock this mission out generally in 1 to 3 defends.

Comment

This is my favourite mission!
          http://www.youtube.com/odytsak
          http://twitter.com/odytsak
          PS4/Steam: odytsak

Comment

The HQ is about as durable as a level 12 bunker, yet it is the largest structure in your base. It makes no sense how easily it is destroyed. And why do rocketeer defenders shoot over the heads of attackers, even if you put a high level accuracy perk on them?

Comment

Personally I don't want to delete my base to do this, you shouldn't have to get rid of things and replace them to do it. It is a waste of time and the reward isn't worth it. I used to not mind it as much with the old base defense system where I could let it go while I was doing work or something and eventually they would get there, now it is just the most annoying mission when it comes up.

Comment

As I said this is my favourite mission, it takes less than 2 minutes to remove offensive structures/tents and put them back after mission is over.
                Every time (about every 3 weeks) I do this mission with different HQ Defender cards, this time today I used only Machine Gunners to create the ultimate Bunker.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnwDUSOlIFc

Comment

I agree with odytsak that if you have enough of the HQ Defender cards available, it is a relatively quick and easy mission to complete

To complete it I did the following
                  • Replace all HQ cards with HQ Defender cards
                  • Set my Veterans to Attack Enemy Truck
                  • Removed two of my Troop Tents (left in the Chemist tent)
                  • Rest is all gameplay using the specials and letting the HQ get the 50 kills it needs
                  There are much more annoying Defend related missions than Barricade
                  • 200 kills using Bunkers
                  • 25,000 damage healed on Bunkers
                  • X number of kills using Mortars
                  • X number of kills using Barrels
                  • X number of Medics killed by Sniper Towers
                  Annoying because they don't happen naturally and you are forced to really compromise base defense design for extended period of time while you replay first few waves of CPU Defend over and over to grind out the numbers.

Comment

Btw it would be nice if HQ had some improving stats via HQ medals (like unit medals).

For example:

Spawn 1,000 HQ squad units: +10% fire rate (including active HQ Defender cards)
                    Spawn 5,000 HQ squad units: +20% fire rate (including active HQ Defender cards)
                    Spawn 10,000 HQ squad units: +30% fire rate (including active HQ Defender cards)

Beat CPU Defend mode: +10% range (including active HQ Defender cards)
                    Beat CPU Defend mode with score 70k+: +20% range (including active HQ Defender cards)
                    Beat CPU Defend mode with score 100k+: +30% range (including active HQ Defender cards)

500 HQ kills: +10% damage (including active HQ Defender cards)
                    1,000 HQ kills: +20% damage (including active HQ Defender cards)
                    3,000 HQ kills: +30% damage (including active HQ Defender cards)

Repair 50,000 of HQ damage: +10% HQ Health
                    Repair 200,000 of HQ damage: +20% HQ Health
                    Repair 1,000,000 of HQ damage: +30% HQ Health

GU! team, show some love to HQ, especially range is too low for a huge building,
                    Sniper inside HQ (defender card) has only range 20 while Sniper unit has 30 and Sniper tower lvl 21 has range 31.50!

Comment

• cusman
                      cusman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I like the idea, especially Medal to increase Range. I don't think it should be in tiers. Should just be like other Medals. Earn it to get the boost.

Originally posted by odytsak View Post
                    Btw it would be nice if HQ had some improving stats via HQ medals (like unit medals).

For example:

Spawn 1,000 HQ squad units: +10% fire rate (including active HQ Defender cards)
                    Spawn 5,000 HQ squad units: +20% fire rate (including active HQ Defender cards)
                    Spawn 10,000 HQ squad units: +30% fire rate (including active HQ Defender cards)

Beat CPU Defend mode: +10% range (including active HQ Defender cards)
                    Beat CPU Defend mode with score 70k+: +20% range (including active HQ Defender cards)
                    Beat CPU Defend mode with score 100k+: +30% range (including active HQ Defender cards)

500 HQ kills: +10% damage (including active HQ Defender cards)
                    1,000 HQ kills: +20% damage (including active HQ Defender cards)
                    3,000 HQ kills: +30% damage (including active HQ Defender cards)

Repair 50,000 of HQ damage: +10% HQ Health
                    Repair 200,000 of HQ damage: +20% HQ Health
                    Repair 1,000,000 of HQ damage: +30% HQ Health

GU! team, show some love to HQ, especially range is too low for a huge building,
                    Sniper inside HQ (defender card) has only range 20 while Sniper unit has 30 and Sniper tower lvl 21 has range 31.50!
                    Now that would be pretty cool

Comment

Working...
                    X