• Show
Clear All

• Underdog mission

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hard.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	4255

I have done what this asks 3 times now But yet it still only say's 1/3 I did get to 2/3 once but for some reason it went back to 1/3 Why is this??*
    It's Absolutely hard enough for me to even get into the front gate of those bases at the best of times "I don't like to Pay To Win" so it's taken me yonks to even get this far.
    My profile My game My oppinion My choice Not yours Get over it :)

Have you beat bases three times in a row (without losing)?
    http://www.youtube.com/odytsak
    PS4/Steam: odytsak

Comment

Originally posted by odytsak View Post
      Have you beat bases three times in a row (without losing)?
      OMG You're kidding? Just to get a lousy reward My men would need to sign a deal with the devil to pass this then Pull a little voodoo even Well can scrub this of the list then lol
      My profile My game My oppinion My choice Not yours Get over it :)

Comment

• mendoza0206*PC
        mendoza0206*PC commented
        Editing a comment
        At level 45 I beat level 50s PC and PSN. You don’t need no pact with no devil, all you need is a good strategy and good timing when deploying specials.

Originally posted by Achmed*PC View Post
      OMG You're kidding? Just to get a lousy reward My men would need to sign a deal with the devil to pass this then Pull a little voodoo even Well can scrub this of the list then lol
      You always choose to lose a bunch of times to make your nightmares easier and then hope to get 3 in a row that you are comfortable beating.
      Alliance: Helldivers
      YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/cusman

Comment

• mendoza0206*PC
        mendoza0206*PC commented
        Editing a comment
        What tha deuce? People still loose on purpose to get easier battles?

• cusman
        cusman commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know if people do this or don't, but anytime I have lost, I feel the game does continue to adjust that relative difficulty scale.

I personally don't have an issue with my nightmare opponents on either account (Steam or PSN), but I do lose now and again to some base or other.

Most of that is a Nightmare Bombardier base with Iron Lungs and Diamond Perks and Commando HQ Squad. If I lose any other time, it is usually a 2 White Skull where I underestimated going in without the optimal Attack Cards and units. In any case, whenever I have lost, I feel game then spares me more Nightmare Bombardier for a short while. Still gives me mostly Bombardier bases, but not the kind that beat me.

You would think that after all the nerfing to units and walls nightmares wouldn’t be much of a problem any more. Specially for someone who is a level mid 40s which I know from experience to have easy nightmares. GU! is starting to remind me of the arcade games found at the mall that say “play till you win, every play is a win”. And on another note, your alliance is called “terrorists”? Seriously?!

Comment

Originally posted by mendoza0206*PC View Post
        You would think that after all the nerfing to units and walls nightmares wouldn’t be much of a problem any more. Specially for someone who is a level mid 40s which I know from experience to have easy nightmares. GU! is starting to remind me of the arcade games found at the mall that say “play till you win, every play is a win”. And on another note, your alliance is called “terrorists”? Seriously?!
        According to stats, you aren't even active player anymore If the game is truly good at finding opponents that are fair and relative to your success/failure, then Nightmares should always pose the most risk of losing (than easier rated difficulty opponents).

Comment

Originally posted by cusman View Post

According to stats, you aren't even active player anymore If the game is truly good at finding opponents that are fair and relative to your success/failure, then Nightmares should always pose the most risk of losing (than easier rated difficulty opponents).
          The stats are right, not active any more but I from what it seems the game is easier than before. Look at my steam stats, only 7 losses but that was just from the beta testing so no nightmares just 3 whites. When I was active almost all my nightmares and AB opponents were top PvP bases. And yes they do pose a good challenge but I wouldn’t say they were unbeatable. Without true nightmares there is no point of playing the game at a competitive level.

Comment

• cusman
            cusman commented
            Editing a comment
            I know there are still true nightmares (at least at my level 49 on Steam and 52 on PSN). I also believe even the best players at highest level of game continue to get their challenges. If not, they can try attacking with different strategy or less optimal attack card loadout for self-imposed challenge.

As far as game getting easier for Attackers? Well similar to how the Diamond Perks make things much harder, they also made things easier. In my case I am still mostly Legendary Perks with few Ultra, so I really feel the disadvantage when I have to go up against Nightmare bases with Diamond perks which seem more and more common (people must be spending). This off course is part of my win streak. I keep it up, and my opponents get harder. If I lose some, then I can notice things ease up for a bit.

Another thing I realized makes game easier for Attackers is players that continue to power-level well past 50. With each additional level they gain, the amount of munitions they get from the drop clock every 15 seconds goes up. So a player at level 100 may be getting 2-3x the munitions that a player at level 50 gets (as an example). So with cheap (diamond Minimum Wage) quality (diamond Health / Damage) perks, and additional munitions some players are able to have much easier time against the toughest base designs (less time, diamond perks, iron lungs).
            Last edited by cusman; 05-14-2018, 12:54 PM.

Originally posted by Achmed*PC View Post
          I got the same in my list today. I was lucky to have 3 high base power Sniper Nightmare bases in a row and was able to complete. Just have to use some good Attack Cards, quality attacking troops, and off course good gameplay strategy for the situation. Maybe the video below will help you.

For Underdog, my only advice is to avoid going against a 5:30 Bombardier base with Diamond Perks and Iron Lungs. Those can be too much reliant on luck of the drops and just very easy to lose (at least for my troops).

Edit:

Added another video today doing 5 PvP Nightmares in a row (towards Sweet Dreams). Opponent selection obviously has lot to do with it, and also once you have good enough troops and have played enough, you can get through most non-Bombardier bases with some good strategy / timing and some luck (on drops). The Veterans you pack in reserve can come in as backup in a bind.

Sometimes sacrifices must be made
          Last edited by cusman; 05-18-2018, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X