X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is up with focus fire? It's absolutely frustrating

it seems to me that troops respond even less to focus fire now. My main base only gets to attack high-level bases and the focus fire fails to cut through even the most basic of wall setups. It's absolutely infuriating to have to expend to focus fires to go through for five walls.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

In my experience the range of Focus Fire seems to depend on the highest range unit you have in your troops. Even with Focus Fire certain troops can only extend their natural range so much so for example, if you have a Flamer, it will try to walk closer to target regardless.

So I feel Focus Fire is optimal if you have either Sniper or Rocketeer in your squad. One of the best combo is to have Commando + Rocketeer, or Ranger + Rocketeer. This way the starting layer of Walls can be hit by the straight shooters while the Rocketeer starts working on the far end. You don't want the far end to break too fast, so its important to not have too many Rocketeers that have high end Damage Perks. It is better to have High Damage Perks on your straight shooters, and faster firing rate and reload on your lobbed shooters.

You should also try not to get interrupted during the short time of Focus Fire by Mortar hits, Poison state, or other enemy troops come close to start shooting your troops and potentially staggering them.

There are many other subtle things to try and keep in mind. I do think Focus Fire is working fine, but on some tricky base designs you just have to be more careful about your troop composition to be able to break the defense without needing too many Focus Fires.
    Alliance: Helldivers
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/cusman

Comment

Would be better if it didn't exist sometimes A match that uses "Skills and Tactics" without the use of said card/s would be good See how far they get then aye LOL
      My profile My game My oppinion My choice Not yours Get over it :)

Comment

Originally posted by Achmed*PC View Post
        Would be better if it didn't exist sometimes A match that uses "Skills and Tactics" without the use of said card/s would be good See how far they get then aye LOL
        I go into fights without any Focus Fire routinely. Most bases that I encounter can still be defeated without Focus Fire (for my troops), but it can certainly make things much easier if the clock drops include some Focus Fire.

Bottom line, if you have enough Speed / Unstoppable Perks, or you use Flamer / Grenade Launcher / Rocketeer / Aerials to methodically destroy Barbwire the rest of the match then becomes about munitions management and how / when you breach the choke point (1 or more). If the opponent doesn't have Iron Lungs, Tear Gas is ultimately better than anything else. If they do have Iron Lungs, then its all about Decoy.
        Alliance: Helldivers
        YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/cusman

Comment

Working...
        X