X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the devs - Leveling units and how it affects their health

Got a question I'm hoping I can get a definite answer on. When you have units that level up in a fight, are they completely healed of any damage they suffered when they leveled up or do they still injured till a medic or regeneration hat heals them?

I'm not talking about the lives they have that replenish when they level up so you can use them more for defense. I'm talking about the unit actually being healed as your attack is going on.

Also a follow-up question which may or may not be needed, if the unit doesn't heal but they now have a bigger life pool. Say they went from silver to gold giving them a 30% health increase. Is the additional health percentage factored in on the current health or does their health stay as is, but they have a larger pool of health once its actually restored.

So for example lets use sniper. Sniper has 200 health, he gets injured and is now at 100 health, he levels up to bronze and his new maximum is 230 health. So assuming your first answer was no he's not healed when he levels up, then would his health after he levels up give him the 15% increase, would it go to 130 or would it stay at 100 with a maximum cap of 230. And assuming the first answer is yes they heal then it would obviously now go up to 230 health.

Anyway please let me know if you can, thanks.
    Last edited by Kenpo_Kid69; 06-04-2018, 09:40 PM.

i always assumed they did but dont know 100%, great question i hope you/we get an answer

Comment

Originally posted by Kenpo_Kid69 View Post
      Got a question I'm hoping I can get a definite answer on. When you have units that level up in a fight, are they completely healed of any damage they suffered when they leveled up or do they still injured till a medic or regeneration hat heals them?

I'm not talking about the lives they have that replenish when they level up so you can use them more for defense. I'm talking about the unit actually being healed as your attack is going on.

Also a follow-up question which may or may not be needed, if the unit doesn't heal but they now have a bigger life pool. Say they went from silver to gold giving them a 30% health increase. Is the additional health percentage factored in on the current health or does their health stay as is, but they have a larger pool of health once its actually restored.

So for example lets use sniper. Sniper has 200 health, he gets injured and is now at 100 health, he levels up to bronze and his new maximum is 230 health. So assuming your first answer was no he's not healed when he levels up, then would his health after he levels up give him the 15% increase, would it go to 130 or would it stay at 100 with a maximum cap of 230. And assuming the first answer is yes they heal then it would obviously now go up to 230 health.

Anyway please let me know if you can, thanks.
      I got bromze bombardier almost died played 1 game he leveled to gold and git fullbhealth

Comment

• Kenpo_Kid69
        Kenpo_Kid69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah was pretty sure it worked that way, just wanted to know with 100% certainty.

I remember this been asked and answered before, plus you can see visually the healing special effects when units level up on their Veteran status.

The new Veteran level benefits apply right away. This means higher base health (which is like getting healed) and higher attack

It is part of my strategy to rely on units leveling up within battle. It is what makes Engineers good in PvP because with a Legendary or Ultra Damage Perk, they level up very fast and each time they do, its like a Health reset.

You can also use this to your advantage when using Paratroopers. You know a Poison barrel will kill them, but if they manage to Veteran up either before or during Poison state, they can survive one dose of Poison Barrel.
      Alliance: Helldivers
      YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/cusman

Comment

• Kenpo_Kid69
        Kenpo_Kid69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Right and I was pretty sure it worked this way as well. I would often talk about the potential of fast track abuse but the problem being is it only works under the assumption that healing (full healing) is taking place as they vet up. If not or if its only partial, then the strategy just kind of falls apart.

So I'm glad to hear it does definitely work that way it means its essentially another healing strategy in the game like regeneration hats and medics and more options is always nice.

I really wish the developers would respond to things like this instead of leaving us community members in the absolute dark. I don't like him often slightly jilted forum member but I've been waiting 2+ years and it seems like they're going in the wrong direction.

Comment

The veteran benefits are applied immediately.

Comment

Chase why are you guys/girls so silent about your progress and addressing community concerns?

Comment

Originally posted by SDS_Chase View Post
            The veteran benefits are applied immediately.
            Ok cool, yeah I was pretty sure it worked this way, I just wanted a definite confirmation of it though, so thanks.

That means fast track is a very viable strategy then for not just making vets but for keeping your units alive as you fast track yours squad to victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenpo_Kid69 View Post
              That means fast track is a very viable strategy then for not just making vets but for keeping your units alive as you fast track yours squad to victory.
              I experimented with this as I set out on my Quest to get Accolades for my Engineers (would already have it if I wasn't splitting time between PSN and Steam). Fast Track is beneficial, but not as beneficial as a Damage Perk.

I think a Diamond Fast Track still only gives +25% more XP towards Veteran status, but Damage Perks can be doing even more than +50% damage which in turn earns more Veteran XP than even a Diamond Fast Track. The other thing to keep in mind is Fast Track does nothing for you in defense (like Minimum Wage) so its like a wasted perk slot. I don't like equipping it unless I am specifically trying to train a certain unit type of Veteran that is difficult to train without it.

For example, if you want Chemist Veterans, you probably want to stack Damage and Fast Track. Furthermore, don't use Regen Hat, back up by Medic, Surgeon, and even Sergeant and maybe even choose the +Damage attack card.

Yeah, training Veteran Chemists is very unbalanced cause they suck at doing damage in PvP. I think one problem is that their damage doesn't seem to stack. If something is poisoned, now the Chemist is just wasting time spraying. The Flamer once it burns something starts whipping the flames around wildly and also does massive damage so gets to Veteran very fast. The main challenge is keeping it from burning your own troops and also keeping it from running head first into Sniper fire.
              Last edited by cusman; 06-05-2018, 02:22 PM.
              Alliance: Helldivers
              YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/cusman

Comment

Excellent post, cusman. I'll consider this when working on Flamer & Chemist Accolades. I've only got 4 medals left to go.

Comment

Working...
                X