X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hero: Paratroopers

What do you guys think about adding a Paratrooper as new hero? This paratrooper will have a different Specials icon than the original paratroopers. He'll look different than the other paratroopers...he'll have a more badass Hero look to him...and maybe have him use a different gun. Also, there can only be one on the battlefield at all times. You won't be able to deploy him until the cooldown process has completed. You won't be able to start a new spawn until the other one has died. And he'll count towards your unit cap.
    Last edited by M_3_G_V_D_3_T_H; 06-06-2018, 07:19 AM.

bit similar to the grunts and assult units so i dont see how they fit in.

Comment

what about a general that could call in a airstrike as a last resort when losing

Comment

Originally posted by M_3_G_V_D_3_T_H View Post
        What do you guys think about adding Paratroopers as new hero? When spawned, it will just add Paratroopers to your Specials. They could have the same cooldown as the Surgeon, but cooldown won't start until previous spawn has been deployed. Also, they still wouldn't add to your unit cap.
        Creative idea, but I think would be very unbalanced in the design of keeping PvP and Defense competitive.

The way you describe them, I assume we could start adding Perks and upgrading the Paratroopers which is something I have wanted for a while. But the way you describe, on top of being able to upgrade (as Hero unit), think of all the Anti-Air locks you could get rid of by spawning enough Paratroopers that aren't even using up your Unit Cap.
        Alliance: Helldivers
        YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/cusman

Comment

• M_3_G_V_D_3_T_H
          M_3_G_V_D_3_T_H commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok. I edited my original post. What do you think now?
          Last edited by M_3_G_V_D_3_T_H; 06-06-2018, 07:06 AM.

• cusman
          cusman commented
          Editing a comment
          So uses up unit slot on the loadout screen, but can only use 1 at a time and has a double cool down while counting towards unit cap. I am certainly less concerned about PvP vs Defense competitive balance with those tweaks.

Personally I would want just the following
          * Let Paratroopers show up in Barracks so people can apply Perks or even Hero Perk slot and maybe even have some Medals to earn
          * Add Paratroopers to the drop-clock and battlefield special drop pool of items

I suggested that when I had first started playing the game over 1 year ago and people on the forum here responded very negatively to the idea at that time.

• M_3_G_V_D_3_T_H
          Editing a comment
          I thought about adding them to the drop-clock too. It's not a double cooldown, it's more like a charge-up meter. You click, the meter charges, when it's finished charging you can deploy. You can't start another charge until the other unit dies. Idk, my mind is just always wandering. I thought it could be a cool new addition to the game.

No, bad idea. Paratroopers only need a few tweaks. They just need to engage obstacles better. Paratroopers with hero perks and lvl 6 perks would go thru structures like a hot knife on butter. Just imagine your base being attacked by a couple sets of paratroopers a decoy being deployed and your tents are gone. I used to drop paratroopers very close to someone’s HQ and let the paratroopers take care of their Tents then just let the clock give me some extra specials and it was a sure win.

Comment

• M_3_G_V_D_3_T_H
          Editing a comment
          It won't be a group of paratroopers, just one single guy. And there can only be one on the battlefield at all times.

At this point i'm fine with anything. Thou i like your idea!

Comment

Working...
        X