X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO-HEROES mode

Good afternoon GUs developers and players.

Please create an alternative game mode where no hero units are allowed. I miss the good old days when there were no hero units and everyone had 100% equality in terms of gameplay, requiring raw planning and skill.

I have nothing against the current game mode per se, but it would be great to be able to play on that game mode as an option. Looking forward for a reply on this one!

Thanks so much, all the way here from Brazil:

Gustavo.

Out of curiosity which Heroes are you missing yourself?

As far as I know anybody that plays the game long enough gets most if not all of their Hero units unlocked well before they reach level 50 (even without spending any). If you didn't get all your Heroes by 50, chances are you got lot more of the Hero Perks or maybe got real unlucky and got nothing but Legendary Poison / Fire Resist Perks from your Red Unit Crates.

The real grind or pay separators to me seem to be the desirable (i.e. not Fire / Poison Resist) Diamond Perks.

Comment

• molinari_gustavo
      molinari_gustavo commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello!

O have the only hero I like, which I really wanted, which is the colonel. But this is not the point. The game was just a lot more fun (I believe) when there were no heroes. Overall, the standards units were also more balanced overall.

The idea is not to remove heroes for the game entirely. But create a new game mode where there are no heroes. It was just waaay more fun back then. It also had a more of a Second World War/Vietnam War vibe to the game, which I believed inspired the game in the first place.

Originally posted by cusman View Post
    Out of curiosity which Heroes are you missing yourself?

As far as I know anybody that plays the game long enough gets most if not all of their Hero units unlocked well before they reach level 50 (even without spending any).
    So not true. I’ve been playing for a long time on and off. I have none of the new heroes. And for hero perks I have crap load of scavenger. I’d recycle them but I’m scared of just ending up with another scavenger. I’ve spent money on this game too which just pisses me off. So I join a pretty good alliance thinking ok this is it...hats. HATS!!!

Comment

• cusman
      cusman commented
      Editing a comment
      I looked at your profile ( http://gunsupgame.com/en-us/players/...a?platform=PS4 ) and at Level 47 it is very surprising that you don't have any Heroes. My experience is limited to my account on PS4 and on Steam plus my wife has also played on PS4.

I have spent money and I got all heroes on both accounts well before Level 50. My wife has not spent a dime and she got 3 Heroes (Commando, Bombardier, and Surgeon) and some Hero Perks as well just from Red Unit Crates and random rewards. She is still level 45.

People who have come and gone from my Helldivers alliance often have talked about getting a new Hero or something. I basically have the impression that Heroes unlock at steady clip, but that is based on very limited sample size of just those players I have engaged with and myself.

I wonder if your experience of all Scavenger and no Heroes even all the way up to level 47 is an outlier or more common. Either way, I agree that it has to be quite annoying for you. Hopefully luck changes for you with your next Red Unit Crate.

Hahahahah yeah they should make an entirely nerfed game FOR YOU. This was the funniest thing I'll read all day.

Comment

• molinari_gustavo
      Editing a comment
      Hello! I don’t really get the sarcasm as we should be working as a community offering ideas which could improve the game. Yet, read the suggestion again, it is not about a new game, but about a new game mode, so just broadening player’s options.

The idea is not to nerf the game, but rather to make it harder. Have you played GU before the heroes? It was a lot more difficult and way more competitive, because non-hero units have a better balance overall (between them) and everyone had the same units.

For example, have you ever played the Diablo game series? They had a “hardcore mode” in which if your hero was killed, it would be gone forever. Yet so many players opted to play only on that mode, just because it was so challenging and difficult. It also revolved a lot of respect. Like if you had a 100 lvl hardcore character, which requires hundreds of hour of playing, it was quite a feat as the game NEVER had defeated you.

Access to all playable resources in a game has also been a receipt for a lot of success in the game industry. Example: LOL, Dota, Paladins, World of Tanks, etc. Yet the main question here revolves around the balance of non-hero units.

I had hero's pretty early on. I guess I was just lucky and I really played for hours and hours saving up to buy crates.
    I did the grind, it sucked and I still do the grind to update my structures but it's what you have to do. I saved and only got red crates. Never messed with wood or plastic crates.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your feedback and listing your influences Molinari Gustavo!

Comment

• molinari_gustavo
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Chase, as players we are happy that you are listening. Developers did a good job on GU it’s a fun game to play.

I suggested a "story mode," that never got answered; much like just about everyone's suggestions. I've played GU before heroes and all 3 games in the Diablo series. In reference to both D1 & 2 you can only level to 99, not 100. I know this because I did it. Chase will definately make you promises he won't keep and may even delete your account on a whim. http://forums.gunsupgame.com/forum/m...52903-pc-cheat

Comment

Just because you make a suggestion or have a great idea doesn’t mean it will happen. Your “ideas” might already be place in other games so they are not actually your ideas and therefore could get people in trouble if used. Also great ideas could have undesired consequences in GU gameplay.

Comment

Working...
        X