• Fast Track card

Does anybody else use this useless boost card?*
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Fast track.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	4282*
    I keep getting this useless PERK It's easier without it.*
    Last edited by Achmed*PC; 06-12-2018, 02:17 AM.
    Opinions are like R'soles We all have one!

War is m̷̛͕̯̠̣̎̽̿̽̾͠ẽ̸̼̖̥̤̀̈́͋̌͑̈́͗̕̚͘̕͝s̸̤̻̠̹̪̉̏̏̄̀̄̃̕͘ş̶̢͕̘̦͎̫͌͛̿̍͋͝y̷̡̫͔͇̫͒̽͂̄̂̀͒̾͠ :)

It's a perk, NOT A CARD.

Comment

Originally posted by claytonhorning*PC View Post
      It's a perk, NOT A CARD.
      ok SO SORRY!! Gee's
      Opinions are like R'soles We all have one!

War is m̷̛͕̯̠̣̎̽̿̽̾͠ẽ̸̼̖̥̤̀̈́͋̌͑̈́͗̕̚͘̕͝s̸̤̻̠̹̪̉̏̏̄̀̄̃̕͘ş̶̢͕̘̦͎̫͌͛̿̍͋͝y̷̡̫͔͇̫͒̽͂̄̂̀͒̾͠ :)

Comment

I feel it doesn't boost your earn rate enough

Comment

It doesn't. Your best bet is typically damage + fire rate or reload speed vs using this.

Comment

It does work, but you are better off with a Level 2 (Silver) Damage Perk than a Level 5 (Ultra) Fast Track Perk.

It is pretty much a troll perk which does nothing for defense and nothing for offense and very little at just +25% (max at Diamond) for training Veterans faster.

Comment

Seriously why do I still play this game

Comment

Originally posted by BigBonedNinja View Post
                Seriously why do I still play this game
                Designed to be addictive and keep you wanting to play even if you aren't enjoying.

I know what Guns Up! is (all F2P games are the same kind of uncapped spend traps), I know I can be playing other more fun games, but I am just plugging away at it hoping to see new meaningful content in the near future and in meantime trying to catch up to the stupid Diamond Perk addition which set me way back in the arms race.

Also, I kind of gave up on PS4 version of game ever getting more stable so making Steam account my main means lot of time spent getting all the medals, and trying to get all the same Hero Perks and other Perks I had on my PS4 account.

Comment

For the dopamine hit we get playing.

Comment

The reason its not stronger is because your units not only get a boost when they level up but also a full health restore, so if it worked too good it would be just completely broken. But yes, it works. You can absolutely use to keep your troops alive when attacking and fast track yourself to a victory.

Every battle its giving you up to 2 full health restores per unit, up to a 40% damage increase, and a 60% health increase. So not too bad really.

Comment

• cusman
                      cusman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The thing is both Damage and Fire Rate are more effective at helping your units Veteran faster than Fast Track.

Cusman wrote - The thing is both Damage and Fire Rate are more effective at helping your units Veteran faster than Fast Track.

Are they really though? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

First of all we have the possibility of limited resources. Maybe your diamond damage and fire rate are on your commandos and you still have that diamond fast track so you put it on your Sergeant. In a perfect world maybe we would run damage and fire rate on all our unis, but I think most of us don't have that luxury. I'd rather run a diamond fast track over a gold fire rate, unless it was for defense of course or for my established vet team as Fast track benefits neither.

Then of course we have units that don't really benefit as much from certain perks. A riot unit for example really doesn't see alot of benefit from using the damage perk. A medic because of his massive clip size really doesn't need reload. A riot without the speed perk can actually even if deployed later, catch up and pass grunts with the diamond speed perk, till they've got to the front of your team because of their innate sprint ability. Its pretty common to see units run with rapid deployment and/or minimum wage, both of these are easily temporarily replaced with fast track when you're in the need of some fresh vets.

Finally in terms of offense lets compare. diamond damage perk gives you a 66% damage increase, a diamond health perk gives you a 45% health increase. Fast track can give you a 60% health increase and a 40% damage increase and all in one perk slot. That's pretty good and you can stack Fast track with the damage and health perks to give your units a 106% damage increase and a 105% health increase.

In terms of strictly vetting Fast track won't always be faster, although sometimes its noticeably faster. But I agree with you that you certainly don't need it, strictly for vetting units*, but I think like fire resist poison, resist, and steady, that at the very least, its a nice utility card to have at your disposal when needed. And in a fight once you've established momentum, it can go from being a so-so perk to a really powerful one. One that I feel has a great potential for abuse, especially if you build your HQ Squad around it.

*what i mean by this is vets you want to keep. You might be using fast track to make disposable vets for the 2 full heals and damage and health boosts for the battle but have no real plans on keeping them. Such as using it on grunts or assault units for example
                    Last edited by Kenpo_Kid69; 06-13-2018, 11:13 AM.

Comment

The perk is garbo. I should know. http://gunsupgame.com/en-us/leaderbo...vp_score/steam

Comment

Working...
                      X