X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combiring Hats into higher level Hats

If you watch this video, you will see Odytsak open a bunch of Red Unit Crates and in all the crates opened I think I spotted just one Level 3 Hat.

I have the similar experience on my end stuck with tons of Level 1 or Level 2 Hats, but not enough Level 3 Hats. The developers should add option where 3 lower level Hats of same Cosmetic Type and Effect can be combined into a higher level Hat of the same.

This at least provides a path to having more useful Hats instead of bunch of Level 1 / 2 Hats nobody wants.
    Alliance: Helldivers
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/cusman

Such a great idea. If devs make this change, then I’ll pissed for selling back all my useless hats. Lol

Comment

They should just have recycler added to Hats screen
      • Combine 3 of same Cosmetic & Effect kind to upgarde
      • Combine 3 with some difference to have random roll chance at something else (we need to have some use for Accuracy Hats)
      • They still use rarity rules on the Hats, so if you recycle Level 3 Hats, you will have chance for other Level 3 Hats.

Comment

I don't like this idea. I thought it was a good idea at first but after thinking about it...I think its better the way it is. It's one of the few parts of the game that is pure luck and only obtainable by opening crates. You have to be super lucky to get a level 3 healing hat. If everyone can upgrade, then everyone will have level 3 healing hats. Upgrading just takes away the rarity of level 3 hats.

Comment

Originally posted by M_3_G_V_D_3_T_H View Post
          I don't like this idea. I thought it was a good idea at first but after thinking about it...I think its better the way it is. It's one of the few parts of the game that is pure luck and only obtainable by opening crates. You have to be super lucky to get a level 3 healing hat. If everyone can upgrade, then everyone will have level 3 healing hats. Upgrading just takes away the rarity of level 3 hats.
          In the idea I shared, you would need 9 Level 1 Health Regen hats of the same cosmetic type to be able to upgrade to a Level 3 Health Regen hat. This in a Random reward scheme where there is tons of cosmetic variety, for an item that can only be got by opening Chests.

All Health regen hats (including Level 1) are considered Legendary according to the color surrounding the Level 1 Health hat cards as they reveal.

Spenders should not keep advantage over other players beyond just faster access to upgrades. Others should be able to work closer to having the same quality of army as the spenders. In any case, a recycler for Hats will help spenders get there even faster. I think the idea makes for less frustrating path for all the players.

Lastly, there is no reason the developers won't at some point do another fluffy arms race increment by adding new Hat levels (like they added Diamond Perks) without adding any new content. Those could require 27 level 1's to get 1 Level 4.
          Last edited by cusman; 06-15-2018, 03:26 AM.

Comment

This will never happen because of the Special Ops bundle.

Comment

Originally posted by claytonhorning*PC View Post
              This will never happen because of the Special Ops bundle.
              They can easily exclude those 3 infinite supply hats from the Hat recycler.

Comment

Ok Cusman, Odytsak and I need to be hired to save this game... the developers are completly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by theAskACapper View Post
                  Ok Cusman, Odytsak and I need to be hired to save this game... the developers are completly lost.
                  I appreciate the compliment but I want to caution that their deafening silence is more a sign they have moved on from Guns Up! than they don't know how to make meaningful new content additions or even just user-experience enhancements (like recycler for Hats).

If you really think about it, their last big technical investment was getting Steam version of Guns Up! up and running and figuring out all the woes of cross play. Since then, they have released only new art for some higher stat things that already existed and otherwise been in maintenance & support mode.

More signs
                  • The Special Operations seem to be automated repeating the same class where you grind X to get 1 level one Perk from something or other. Generally repeats of past Special Operations with some slight tweaks on the numbers. The durations are fixed and automated and they aren't even bothering to put News posts about them.
                  • Alliance Seasons are also on auto with fixed length and gap between seasons for the last many seasons. They do still do one announcement post and one conclusion post here.
                  • No special celebrator event like Holiday, Valentines, St Patricks, etc
                  • Last few updates are either all cosmetic or just new tiers of stat boosts or bug fixes
                  I have growing concern they are no longer developing new content for Guns Up! and are working on something else instead and I don't think I am alone in this thinking.

I'll just say, I hope whatever they do next will be something I get to enjoy soon because I do like what they have done with Guns Up! thus far or I wouldn't have played as much of it as I have (and continue to).

Comment

That is a drag this game could be hugely profitable if run correctly... just sad

Comment

I would also enjoy a St. Patrick's Day hat or two.

Comment

Cowboy hat and a baseball hat would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterLoad*PC View Post
                          Cowboy hat and a baseball hat would be nice.
                          Cowboy hat would be pretty epic to have

Comment

Working...
                          X