Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the best Ranger base out there?

I don't remember if same player but I have faced this particular Ranger defense once before (was a defeat). This time around I happened to be going for Carpet Bomb Mission so I was packing tons of Aerial which gave me a fun way to break the defensive line, but my usual loadout against this base I think would have lost again.

Anyway, I think this is a variant of the best Ranger base I have encountered in my time so far.
    • It can be 400 or lower build point base, which would give attacker just 5 minutes and 30 seconds (base just needs to remove a few of the barbwire or barrels not really needed)
    • The barrels on the outside laid out like that can cost you time and soldiers
    • Staying in the center, your troops and truck can both get slaughtered by both the Snipers and the Rangers who have great retaliatory range
    • Focus Fire can barely get through the outer walls, and even if you do, you still start getting shot back by a ton of Rangers (backed by Gold Veteran Snipers)
    • Using no HQ Squad, or a better HQ Squad or at least one where all units have the same speed could further improve this base
    It is really a smart base defense design in my view. Any of you encounter a better Ranger base defense?
    Last edited by cusman; 06-19-2018, 06:27 AM.
    Alliance: Helldivers
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/cusman

To answer ya question, I hope I don't encounter a base like that or better! LMBO

Comment

• cusman
      cusman commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it is a good thing to have different types of tough bases. Tough Ranger bases, tough Sniper bases, tough Flamer bases, tough Bombardier bases, tough Rocketeer bases, and so on.

If all the (tough) opponents will just be tough Bombardier bases, then pretty soon the loadout you use becomes uniform and then the game starts to become more boring.

Man you really "mowed the lawn" with those bombs.

Comment

@Cusman....I agree it would get pretty boring. I'm jus not that good of a player....yet! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by DREnites View Post
        @Cusman....I agree it would get pretty boring. I'm jus not that good of a player....yet! Lol
        I checked you out and you seem to be doing alright for yourself
        http://gunsupgame.com/en-us/players/...s?platform=PS4

Keep playing and eventually you will be level 50+ and along the way should accumulate more / better perks and work on completing more of your unit medals to even out the arms race differences. The rest is just quickly recognizing common base patterns and improved decision making. This will come from experience. Especially if you keep trying different loadouts and defense patterns yourself.

Comment

You’re really good bro. You did that with engineer, assault, and went in blind. I’m jealous

Comment

Originally posted by BigBonedNinja View Post
            You’re really good bro. You did that with engineer, assault, and went in blind. I’m jealous
            I just play keeping the Mission or Special Operation in mind. I suppose I just don't mind losing, so I go in with whatever I think will help my mission or special operation most. Doing this for a while, I think eventually you get better using a wider variety of loadout options.

Since I started using Assault for the current Special Operation, I have grown to like the unit. The main weakness is range and cost but other than that they have advantage of doing faster damage than Grunts and have more health than Grunts. I initially tried them with Poison Bullets like I use for Grunts but that wasn't working so well, so I switched them to Bloodthirst and they started performing better.

The Engineer is what players were supposed to use as the meat shield unit before Riot was introduced to game or before new players reach Level 30 to be able to recruit Riot. It isn't as good at that role as the Riot since the Riot has that 3600 HP shield, but aside that it is a solid choice for meat shield. They also fight back much better than Riot with those powerful shotgun shots and have a few other advantages like they don't ever get staggered from explosives (even without any Steady perk). Lastly, the way I use them they are just mixed up along with Riots and Medics and Surgeons all together being a self-healing ball of meat shield. It is done to buy time, and as long as your units can take out enemy units faster than they can take yours out and you can reinforce with units faster than opponent is getting new troops, result is victory.

Comment

Encountered the same base again in my PvP Campaign

Good thing I remembered how Bombing Run helped make this one easier from the Alliance Battle

Comment

Working...
              X