X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bombardier bases need a nerf

Hate reposting an old topic, but seriously they nerfed the merc saying "we dont want one god end game unit" but ignore the bombardier. 90% of nightmare bases are bombardier bases and its such a cheap set up to fight. If a unit can hold back an attack without buildings just AA guns everywhere to protect the Bombardiers how can they not be OP? The only video I saw saying "the base is easy to beat and this is how you beat it" showed him attacking the base with several focused fires and an army of VETERAN BOMBARDIERS!!! Just used the focused fire to attack the defending units over walls out of range. If a unit can only be countered by itself it is op.
    Flamers, chemists can be countered by perks. Rocketeers can be beat because they need LoS to attack and can be killed back. Snipers can be over run by large amounts of units or use decoy to distract. Bombardiers...perks hardly help. Sure you can go sturdy but even without getting staggered the massive damage kills off the troops anyways. Decoys dont do much since the unit can focus enemy troops over wall yet ignores decoys? Really would like an explanation for that! Smokescreen is pointless, since most of the bases run iron lungs so forget about that. Youre pretty much left with one card to actually counter them which is FF and you would need a troop to fire over rocks and reliably kill them which is pretty much just the bombardier. Even if you have that defenders just spread the tank traps out so you would only get 1-2 of the tank traps per focus fire. Rocketeer is inaccurate and if the tank trap is too close to the rock he cannot fire over the rock because it wont arc back down to destroy the tank trap so he just moves into their fire range to try and get a shot off but gets mowed down by them.
    They need a nerf or better yet a perk(s) that can counter effectively. Speed and stagger dont cut it when the bombardier can be put in spots that the unit will just walk right past the bombardiers when they get close, leaving the bombardiers to kill off half of your next wave. Removing their ability to fire over rocks and walls would be great but people have said it before and nothing was ever done. So just throw in something that reduces splash damage as a perk and that would do the trick! Would allow an effective counter to it and get people back to using the rest of the troops for defense or mixing units to protect against counters. Frankly its just the least fun base to fight against and the main reason I do not want to level up. Because mostly every base will become bombardier bases at higher levels and I know I wont log on anymore if all I get to do is fight irritating bombardier bases when I do.
    p.s. If anything just make them do friendly fire like flamers do. Honestly you would think since you do have friendly fire in the game off like with flamers yet the guy blowing everything up leaves the structures unscratched?
    Last edited by AgilereFLEXed; 06-19-2018, 05:11 PM.

Here, let me help you with that massive block of text of yours;

TL/DR - "I cannot beat bomber bases as I don't understand them, I can't be bothered getting stronger/better so please nerf or else I'll refuse to log on anymore"

​There, that's far more succinct. You're welcome

Comment

• AgilereFLEXed
      AgilereFLEXed commented
      Editing a comment
      Let me help you with your comment.
      "Please don't nerf the Bombardier base. If you do that I will have to rebuild my base and bases I attack will stop looking identical. Change scares me!"
      Now people wont have to read between the lines to know what your saying.

• MoFoViCioUs*PC
      MoFoViCioUs*PC commented
      Editing a comment
      lmao...I'm not that precious about my bomber base mate. Plenty of players beat it & that's the whole point, you can't seem to beat them and, by your own admission, you simply give up and ask the devs to instead nerf what "you" find difficult, but many others don't...am I missing something here??

Bombardier bases are just easy to beat hah they only nightmare units and u wonna nerf them more. U should attack why more bombardier bases 1 day u will see it and then its easy

Comment

• AgilereFLEXed
      AgilereFLEXed commented
      Editing a comment
      They arent the only nightmare unit, sniper, chemist, flamers, and rocketeers are also deadly units but they dont get used since bombardiers do all of their jobs while being able to be hidden away behind walls.

• MoFoViCioUs*PC
      MoFoViCioUs*PC commented
      Editing a comment
      "...are also deadly units but they dont get used since bombardiers do all of their jobs"

You need to play more, because what you say there is just not true. I battled PLENTY of sniper, rocket, chemist, flamer, colonel bases over the last AB season, more then I care to remember.

Originally posted by AgilereFLEXed View Post
    Hate reposting an old topic, but seriously they nerfed the merc saying "we dont want one god end game unit" but ignore the bombardier. 90% of nightmare bases are bombardier bases and its such a cheap set up to fight. If a unit can hold back an attack without buildings just AA guns everywhere to protect the Bombardiers how can they not be OP? The only video I saw saying "the base is easy to beat and this is how you beat it" showed him attacking the base with several focused fires and an army of VETERAN BOMBARDIERS!!! Just used the focused fire to attack the defending units over walls out of range. If a unit can only be countered by itself it is op.
    Flamers, chemists can be countered by perks. Rocketeers can be beat because they need LoS to attack and can be killed back. Snipers can be over run by large amounts of units or use decoy to distract. Bombardiers...perks hardly help. Sure you can go sturdy but even without getting staggered the massive damage kills off the troops anyways. Decoys dont do much since the unit can focus enemy troops over wall yet ignores decoys? Really would like an explanation for that! Smokescreen is pointless, since most of the bases run iron lungs so forget about that. Youre pretty much left with one card to actually counter them which is FF and you would need a troop to fire over rocks and reliably kill them which is pretty much just the bombardier. Even if you have that defenders just spread the tank traps out so you would only get 1-2 of the tank traps per focus fire. Rocketeer is inaccurate and if the tank trap is too close to the rock he cannot fire over the rock because it wont arc back down to destroy the tank trap so he just moves into their fire range to try and get a shot off but gets mowed down by them.
    They need a nerf or better yet a perk(s) that can counter effectively. Speed and stagger dont cut it when the bombardier can be put in spots that the unit will just walk right past the bombardiers when they get close, leaving the bombardiers to kill off half of your next wave. Removing their ability to fire over rocks and walls would be great but people have said it before and nothing was ever done. So just throw in something that reduces splash damage as a perk and that would do the trick! Would allow an effective counter to it and get people back to using the rest of the troops for defense or mixing units to protect against counters. Frankly its just the least fun base to fight against and the main reason I do not want to level up. Because mostly every base will become bombardier bases at higher levels and I know I wont log on anymore if all I get to do is fight irritating bombardier bases when I do.
    p.s. If anything just make them do friendly fire like flamers do. Honestly you would think since you do have friendly fire in the game off like with flamers yet the guy blowing everything up leaves the structures unscratched?
    Lol add me as friend i show u how easy they are to bad hhaha. U need play way more they so easy

Comment

I don't care that bombardier bases are challenging. What bothers me is how dreadfully boring the game becomes when everyone is using an almost identical base layout. Variety is the spice of life. It is a shame that we can't get some new maps to change it up.

Comment

• AgilereFLEXed
        AgilereFLEXed commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats the real issue I have, I know they will eventually become the only thing that will show up in my campaign. It will just become a choice of which one of the 6 bombardier bases I feel like attacking.

Originally posted by DrBGood View Post
      I don't care that bombardier bases are challenging. What bothers me is how dreadfully boring the game becomes when everyone is using an almost identical base layout. Variety is the spice of life. It is a shame that we can't get some new maps to change it up.

I agree.

More maps would appear to be the way forward, that is if the game has any future at all

Guns Up 2 will do nicely

Comment

Here's a tip for you Agilere, if you really want to know how to beat a bomber base, build one. You'll soon see how easily they are defeated when you know what you're doing. My favorite base (a.k.a - easiest to beat) in random AB attacks, is a 5:30 bomber base. Why? Because I have one I know how they function and where their weak points are, so I simply just walk through them.

Comment

• RolexHoster
          RolexHoster commented
          Editing a comment
          Same over here

• AgilereFLEXed
          AgilereFLEXed commented
          Editing a comment
          Ive already seen plenty of videos on how to beat them, but it is either a poorly built base lacking Veterans and decent wall layouts that I could have beat too or they used bombardiers in their attack. The unit is broken because the only way to beat a bombardier base half the time is with your own bombardiers. Other troops are unreliable in hitting the enemy bombardiers with FF and unlike other bases which I can rely on decoys to clean up troops like Sniper and Rocketeer bases. Properly built bombardier bases separate them so that decoys dont work.
      Working...
      X