X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this game dead? Sadly it seems so

with no communications or talk about upcoming events and updates I think this game may be done for. It be nice if the developers actually communicated. Are you dead or dying? Are you getting funds is your game generating revenue that you expected? Is it time to do a postmortem?

The devs literally respond to almost every topic. Explain to me how that's not communicating?

The game has had numerous updates since I've been playing, constant rotating bi-monthly events and of course alliance battles which the devs never fail to post a topic on. Explain to me again how the game is dead or dying?

I find it ironic that the people who have the most accounts are the ones complaining about it the most.

Whatever faults the devs have, communication is not one of them. If you're tired of the game, stop playing it or cut your time spent playing it to 3 accounts or less. Plenty of us on here that still enjoy it and appreciate the openness that the devs have clearly shown on not just the forums but private messages as well.

Comment

• M_3_G_V_D_3_T_H
      M_3_G_V_D_3_T_H commented
      Editing a comment
      Special Ops and Alliance Seasons seem to be on auto-pilot. Even the announcement of the season results seems to be auto-generated. The only communication I've noticed is if someone complains about a bug. The last update was a couple months ago, in April...I think. So it's not completely dead. Maybe this game just isn't a top priority for the devs. A monthly update would be nice though. It would give us something to look forward to...even if it's just minor stuff.

Could use some new units you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenpo_Kid69 View Post
      The devs literally respond to almost every topic. Explain to me how that's not communicating?
      I have been active enough with Guns Up! in forums and in game to note the sharp decline in developer engagement when it comes to addressing concerns, even bugs reported are going unaddressed. Used to be devs would contact directly and figure out and resolve issues. Now all we get is SD-PEER81 saying he is forwarding info to the team and then nothing more for months.

Lastly and I think what Capper was really after, to get some response on the lack of communication about future plans. He is not the first to bring that up either and it has yet to be addressed. Not even "we aren't ready to talk about future plans yet". Everything points to developers having moved on from continuous development since the Diamond Perks update was released. They may also be cooling off on maintenance & support in general.

Sony tends to do 3-year deals so that might be what is up with Valkyrie Entertainment on-going involvement further developing / supporting Guns Up!
      Alliance: Helldivers
      YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/cusman

Comment

Originally posted by Kenpo_Kid69 View Post

The game has had numerous updates since I've been playing, constant rotating bi-monthly events and of course alliance battles which the devs never fail to post a topic on. Explain to me again how the game is dead or dying?

I find it ironic that the people who have the most accounts are the ones complaining about it the most.

Whatever faults the devs have, communication is not one of them. If you're tired of the game, stop playing it or cut your time spent playing it to 3 accounts or less. Plenty of us on here that still enjoy it and appreciate the openness that the devs have clearly shown on not just the forums but private messages as well.
        Well, I for one still love the game! I've finally found a decent alliance group. And yes at least one or two devs comment when they can. But if they don't do so in a timely fashion, they will eventually. They are pretty busy.

Comment

Working...
        X