X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Special Operation: Blazing Victory

Special Operation: Destroy 50 bunkers using Flamer for one Level 1 Fire Resist Perk (repeatable).

Duration: Next 2 weeks

I doubt I will complete even 1 of this because so few opponents use Bunkers and even if they do and you use a bunch of Flamers, there is good chance something else in your squad will land the final shot. Lastly, Fire Resist Perks are so not worth the extreme requirements of this particular Special Operation.

Definitely the worse completion conditions of any Special Operation. If they had it at destroy 50 structures (not specifically Bunkers) then it would be fine because Flamers are great for destroying Barb and Sandbags and other such stuff.
    Alliance: Helldivers
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/cusman

Agreed!
    What a st**id SpecOp.
    We dont need this perk! We get enough from this per Red Crate and Season Rewards.
    Pls Cancel this Dev's.

Comment

• cusman
      cusman commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't mind the new Special Operation encouraging use of Flamer for PvP. It is fun to use the Flamer. I don't really care that Fire Resist is not a very useful perk aside from possibly useful to put on your troops if you are using Flamer for PvP or Defend. My main issue with this Special Operation is requiring specifically the destruction of Bunkers.

Bunkers are the most worthless defensive structure in the game, so very few opponents use any for the opponents in my PvP list and even the few using it, very unlikely that your Flamer will be the one to destroy it. Requiring 50 Bunkers destroyed for single completion of Special Operation just makes this the worse configuration of a Special Operation I can recall to date.

Sadly this game is dead

Comment

I wish the devs would respond to the question if the game is being abandoned...

Comment

• cusman
        cusman commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't abandoned, but just not developing new content. It would be good of them to just come and say they are happy with Guns Up! as it is and now they are just going to maintain and support going forward. No more new content is acceptable to me, but hopefully that communication come along with whatever they are working on next as well.

will anyone bother?

Comment

Originally posted by cusman View Post
        Special Operation: Destroy 50 bunkers using Flamer for one Level 1 Fire Resist Perk (repeatable).

Duration: Next 2 weeks

I doubt I will complete even 1 of this because so few opponents use Bunkers and even if they do and you use a bunch of Flamers, there is good chance something else in your squad will land the final shot. Lastly, Fire Resist Perks are so not worth the extreme requirements of this particular Special Operation.

Definitely the worse completion conditions of any Special Operation. If they had it at destroy 50 structures (not specifically Bunkers) then it would be fine because Flamers are great for destroying Barb and Sandbags and other such stuff.

Yeah I don't mind the reward so much. I know its not an A list prize, but a perk is a perk and I'd be more than to earn them. You're right though, it really should have been destroy 50 structures (or lower). Regardless of what people's personal opinions are on bunkers, even fans of the bunker are going to be running 4 at best? Usually its 2 or even 1, so the structure of this challenge is not very realistic. Hopefully they can fix it so it is all structures? Or at the very least, next time make broad based to all structures (ideally) or reduce the number of bunkers required to be destroyed so the mission is more feasible to accomplish.

Comment

This is the worst one ever.

Comment

They do another game for PS4, MLB The Show 06 up to 18. I guess that is their main product and support it accordingly I suppose.

Comment

• cusman
              cusman commented
              Editing a comment
              Not the same developers, just the same publishing partners.

• MonsterLoad*PC
              MonsterLoad*PC commented
              Editing a comment
              My bad. I got the wrong info.

This morning my new missions included Hellfire so good reason to use Flamers again. Doing the three missions for it, each opponent I picked did have more Bunkers than what you see normally, but even so my bunker kill count only went up by count of 2 out of 50 needed from 3 PvP Battles.

It isn't the Flamer that is bad, it is how this particular Special Operation is conceived. Should have just been any 50 structures, and not specifically Bunkers.

Alliance: Helldivers
            YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/cusman

Comment

Working...
            X