Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yorozuya Alliance (se24) NO Legendary Prizes Received To Any Developers: PLEASE READ

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yorozuya Alliance (se24) NO Legendary Prizes Received To Any Developers: PLEASE READ

Ok, hey there, this is my first post. I'm sorry if I came a little late to report this issue. I've had problems this week with my laptop, and have found it difficult to use my PS4 as a replacement in the interim.

I belong to "Yorozuya", an alliance that I joined briefly before the end of the last season just gone. I was previously part of another clan that I joined about 2-3 weeks before, prior to understanding what this mode was about. Towards the end of the season, I learned a lot more, and I became really very upset at the way the alliance was run by the commander. I had worked really hard to build up ~1200 points, and found out at the end that it would mount to little. No-one left any messages ever, no-one ever replied, and it was me and another guy with similar ranking that were carrying the team all the way to silver2 with around 1250 points a piece. Even though the roster was full, the "Commander" only gathered a few hundred points, and there was one other guy that had only 30.

Kiritox-18 was sympathetic, and was kind enough to let me join his alliance before the end of the season, and I was thrilled at the time, even though I was shocked becasuse I didn't realize that my points and remaining alliance battles would be wiped out ...

It was a fierce, fierce battle for our alliance to try and reach the last legendary rank (35) from up from gold1 (36). There was constantly ONLY 30 alliance points difference in the race, and my alliance hadn't ever ranked with anything less than legendary rank at the end of season. The gap then started to widen to about 100-130 points. I literally gave it everything I had, I even dropped about 600 gold out of my own account to try and close the gap. I was grateful to Kiritox, and really wanted to earn my spot on the alliance. After a lot of STRAIN in all the alliance battles we fought in the last 3hrs, we finally made it to rank 35. But in the last few mins, we began to slump again ...

I fought until the very last moment, until the very SECOND that my final battle was cancelled due to the season ending. In the end, we lost out on Legendary (35) by 30 points.

It was a really tough blow, and I was devasted. I felt that I had just dropped all that gold for nothing.

Now, I guess I would've been ok with everything. Sure, I was extremely disappointed that we lost out on legendary rank, but I was willing to accept that we lost, and would even be ok congratulating the other team on their victory. But something else happened that was very VERY unfair that made me EXTREMELY upset ...

There were AT LEAST TWO alliance games that I WON, OUTRIGHT, at least ONE of which I AM 100% CERTAIN that I won with a 3-Star 30 point win (I KNOW this, because I SAW THE YELLOW POINTS FLASH ACROSS THE SCREEN towards the upper left at the end of the alliance battle). BOTH of these games crashed, DIRECTLY AFTER I had downed the enemy HQs, and the animation and music played, and when I started up, my purchased alliance battles were gone, the cards used were gone, but my points were still identical, and there was NO RECORD of my victories ...

I am 100% certain that at least ONE of matches in which this occured WAS a 30 point victory. I am also 100% sure that there was AT LEAST ONE MORE victory that was earned, but not recorded. Now, given that my alliance was behind by 30 points, it's very clear that my first victory would've tied us on the edge of gold1, and my second would've earned my entire alliance legendary rank by AT LEAST 10 points.

There MUST be a record or cache of these matches that will prove my accounts on the end of the developers, who I HOPE can somehow see this message ... I KNOW that video replays get recorded, and that the game data must somehow get logged for the devs to see ...

I was absolutely devastated, and even angry at what happened ... Our alliance ended a SINGLE RANK (36) before legendary. Everyone missed out on an extra epic pack, and many other legendary prizes that we would beyond a SHADOW of a DOUBT have earned FAIR and SQUARE had my matches been logged ...

But I'm NOT finished. This is where the story gets even STRANGER ...

OUR ENTIRE alliance finished with gold1 rank. Gold1. Of this, I am 100% CERTAIN. We ended up receiving our single epic packs, and I was extremely dissapointed. Even our badge on our profile is STILL showing gold1 for season 24 ...

... But WAIT. LOOK at the global leaderbord!!! According to the official ranking for season 24, we (Yorozuya) were ranked 35th, and ACHIEVED LEGENDARY RANK (!)

If this is true, then THERE IS SOMETHING VERY, VERY wrong here ... Prior to this season, every season this alliance played in, we were ranked legendary or BETTER. This season (24), we received a gold1 badge because of what happened, THAT IS STILL ON OUR ALLIANCE PROFILE PAGE (Yorozuya). LOOK!

In addition, everyone received only GOLD RANK prizes, NOT legendary, in CLEAR contradiction to the global leaderboard, and if it is true, then EVERYONE in my alliance has EXTREMELY unfairly lost out on legendary prizes for their ranking.

I am quite upset, and also VERY concerned about everything that I have shared above, and I would like some answers to explain what happened.

To any developers that read my message, PLEASE reply, so that this issue can be discussed in the forum. Your help would mean a GREAT deal.

Thank you very much in advance,
    RENEGADE_18

Hi mate
    Sorry to hear you put the grind in early doors with a team that did not support you
    You did finish 36th and now rank 35th due to me disbanding saboteurs squad at end of season
    All the best
    All the best for next

Comment

• cusman
      cusman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for stopping in to explain how the rank moved up even as the rewards stayed at Gold I

• RENEGADE_18
      RENEGADE_18 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, hey, so that's what happened ... Well thanks very much for clearing that up, at least it makes sense now.

But still though, if we're given a legendary rank on the leaderboard, is it too much to ask for a purple badge instead of gold? We had an unbroken legendary streak ever since we started, if they insist on scrubbing disbanded teams from the board and moving us up a rank, then it would mean so much to the team to just get that purple badge (or at least move us down a rank and keep your name on the leaderboard. I mean, I would be dissapointed, but at least it would be fair that way, you know?)

Obviously I know now that we didn't earn those rewards, so I guess I have no grounds to complain. But it still just feels wrong to have to be given a gold badge for getting legendary rank on the leaderboard instead of purple. Couldn't they at least give us that much?
      Last edited by RENEGADE_18; 08-17-2018, 07:15 PM.

Drama queen.

Comment

• revzi100
      revzi100 commented
      Editing a comment
      my thoughts exactly

• RENEGADE_18
      RENEGADE_18 commented
      Editing a comment
      Look, I didn't mean to be so overly dramatic, but at the end of the day, there is either an in game problem where a legendary rank alliance DIDN'T get their rewards, or there is a physical glitch on the the global leaderboard AT THIS VERY MOMENT! Look at the leaderboard yourself if you don't believe me! IGNORE the crashed games. My alliance got GOLD rewards, EVEN THOUGH the global leaderboard said that we achieved LEGENDARY Rank!

This means that either a glitch denied MY ENTIRE ALLIANCE legendary rewards that the leaderboard ITSELF says that we physically EARNED, or that their physical global rank is BUGGED. Am I really overreacting here?

Is it really too much to ask that we at least get a Legendary badge on our alliance page (to reflect the official leaderboard, mind) instead of a gold badge for achieving a legendary rank. Screw the rewards. If the devs either correct this clear glich, or give us a legendary badge for season 24, then I'll be satisfied and walk away. I'll still be more than a little dissapointed, but still ...

EDIT: Mystery solved, I guess ... See my above reply. For the record though, I really think scrubbing team names is a bad idea. Either give us a legendary badge, or move us down a rank, is that too much to ask?
      Last edited by RENEGADE_18; 08-08-2018, 09:06 AM.

Fight harder and u will earn legendary or champion pack.

Comment

• RENEGADE_18
      RENEGADE_18 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. (See my first reply). Just still a little upset that I had to lose ~1250 points because I joined from a dead alliance, only to lose out on legendary at the end by only 30 points ... Still, I can't argue with such good advice. I'll be sure to take it to heart for the coming season =]

To much to read...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	jackcompass8[1].gif
Views:	1
Size:	796.2 KB
ID:	4349
    I'm Lost
    Release GU2: Allied Assault (Wish)

Comment

• RENEGADE_18
      RENEGADE_18 commented
      Editing a comment
      People like you puzzle me. Don't have enough time to read, but enough time to post a meme with a comment that says you didn't have enough time to read? lol

In terms of fairness, you have to realize this game crashes frequently for people playing on PS4 and whatever loss of points you had to crashes and however that makes you feel, the other team competing for that last spot probably had some crashes costing them Alliance Points as well.

If you really want Legendary, you gotta try to be comfortably Legendary. On the edge of that, it can be lost to another Alliance that just manages to score even just 30 points more than you.
    Alliance: Helldivers
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/cusman

Comment

• RENEGADE_18
      RENEGADE_18 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a fair point. For the record though, I'm still disappointed by the glitches. So the game has the means to calculate you using up an alliance battle and cards, but somehow doesn't have the means to tell that the enemy HQ was destroyed and you won 30 points flashing across the top before the animation that causes the crash? BULL.

Couldn't they at least log the stats as SOON as the HQ is destroyed, instead of risking a crash first?

But still, I was really much more concerned with the issue regarding the leaderboard. I really thought that it was a bug at first, but the first reply above helped clear up what happened ...
      Last edited by RENEGADE_18; 08-08-2018, 06:36 PM.

• cusman
      cusman commented
      Editing a comment
      RENEGADE_18
      I agree the situation isn't good on PS4 where the frequent crashes (start or end) cost you cards, alliance battles, and alliance points (if you had won).

Here is why they count / record the battle start & cards used against your account at the start even if you didn't make it to the end.

If it only counted against you if you completed, then a great many players would misuse this and purposely disconnect from the game thus preserving their cards and alliance battles instead of accepting the loss and moving on.

• RENEGADE_18
      RENEGADE_18 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. I totally see that happening, and I can definately see the risk of such protocols in the client. But at the same time, I really think that creating a record of the outcome of a WON MATCH is something they should do as SOON as the HQ is downed. It is EXTREMELY unfair, and I feel that it is an issue that definately needs addressing in a patch. The competitive alliance mode completely loses it's fun on the PS4 otherwise.

What do you think of the name scrubbing of dead alliances and people being pulled up ranks on the leaderboard? I just think it's wrong with the situation they have. If the leaderboard says we achieved legendary rank for the season, is it too much to ask that they give a legendary badge on our alliance page for the season? I realize that it is sort of a fringe issue but still, it would be really nice to have just that much, given the circumstances ...

That was long as hell. Goddam storytellers.

Here's the gist:

"For Season 24, my alliance 'Yorozuya' finished 36th and received GOLD1 rewards. Now the final Leaderboard shows that we finished 35th LEGENDARY. Why?"

Comment

• RENEGADE_18
      RENEGADE_18 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, what can I say, I find writing therapeutic ahaha

I really appreciate your Cliffnotes version =D

Mystery solved I guess =[

Still a little dissapointed though ...

Get good, scrub.

Comment

That tense battle to the end was intense. Alliance battle seasons are always toughest when they're close in points. And it only matters to those who are paying attention. Things will get better. Do your part in keeping the alliance fresh. Good luck next season.

Comment

• RENEGADE_18
        RENEGADE_18 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you very much for your kind words. Sorry if I got a little carried away lol
    Working...
    X