X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice or help. Please

I need some advise, and or help. I played this game a while back, I was very active on forums and played a lot. At one time I was a pretty high ranked player and as we all do I stopped playing for a while. Well about a week ago I started and decided why not play it... The game has changed a lot! And I don't have any of what I would call "special troops" any snipers, surgeon none of that stuff. Just standard guys with really good perks. How ever I can't win any attacks even if I use countless focus fire. I guess my question is this? How do I get those troops? So I can be able to play the game and have fun once more with it. The last week I have played for probably about 6-7 hours a night. i may win 4/10 battles but thats only vs 1 skull opponents. I don't have enough gold to reset my base. I was one of the few at the start that didn't know not to blow everything up. Does anyone have any tips or perks that I should use to make it more enjoyable. The only real special trrops I have are, the general, rangers, mercenaries, and what ever the Op guy is that shoots the tubes that stun you. Thank you all and have a good day.

Figure it out man, it's not that hard. Every man for himself. Just think a little harder. It'll click eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_Hexum View Post
      I need some advise, and or help. I played this game a while back, I was very active on forums and played a lot. At one time I was a pretty high ranked player and as we all do I stopped playing for a while. Well about a week ago I started and decided why not play it... The game has changed a lot! And I don't have any of what I would call "special troops" any snipers, surgeon none of that stuff. Just standard guys with really good perks. How ever I can't win any attacks even if I use countless focus fire. I guess my question is this? How do I get those troops? So I can be able to play the game and have fun once more with it. The last week I have played for probably about 6-7 hours a night. i may win 4/10 battles but thats only vs 1 skull opponents. I don't have enough gold to reset my base. I was one of the few at the start that didn't know not to blow everything up. Does anyone have any tips or perks that I should use to make it more enjoyable. The only real special trrops I have are, the general, rangers, mercenaries, and what ever the Op guy is that shoots the tubes that stun you. Thank you all and have a good day.
      It sounds as though you actually have a pretty good selection of troops on hand. I would suggest experimenting with different Unit loadouts and see which grouping of troops works best for you. Also, before going into a battle be sure to take a look at the base details of your opponent and make any changes that you think could help (e.g. different troops, perks, or cards). Also, be sure to keep your Daily Rations streak going as you can earn card packs, boosts, munitions and even GOLD from the maxed out Daily Rations rewards group. That should help you to earn that GOLD you're looking for so that you can reset your base.

Lastly, if all else fails, you may want to think about creating a new account just for GU! play as the game does not require the account to have PS+ in order to access the online player base.Similarly, GU! is also available for free on Steam now so that might be a good place to give GU! a go from the beginning again. Hope this info helps.

Comment

The simple advice if you haven't figured it out yet is to Rent or Recruit the Riot units as your Meat Shield. This will allow rest of your troops to have a chance to live long enough to get into firing range. If still struggling, maybe watch some YouTube videos on Guns Up! to catch up on current successful play styles and the respective loadout combinations.
        Alliance: Helldivers
        YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/cusman

Comment

A good early meat shield is the engineer. I would also watch some videos on youtube from cusman and bobovsgames from earlier their earlier levels and all of them including odystak for their challenge games where they try to win with only using certain troops. You'll find a lot of tips in the finer details of how they handle their troops. The biggest tip I can give is don't chase dying troops with more troops to die.

The situation that I'm referring to is that you find that the troops you've sent are outgunned. You know they're going to die, or are about to die and you spawn more as they die off... say 5 die, so you spawn 5 more grunts... 5 seconds later another 5 die... spawn 5 more grunts. Those 10 grunts you just spawned will not make it there in time to help and will be spread out by 5 seconds and thus with no support they will also die. Wait for all of your troops to die and spawn a big group again. This isn't always applicable but it is a lot of the time. Watch those videos for the finer points of how they attack and they will serve you for a long time.
          Last edited by SunnyRT; 08-11-2018, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X