X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in Countering Mass Snipers

How do you counter them when they're highly ranked + have endless clips without using deployable attack cards? Especially if they're entrenched and in groups seperated by horizontal wall segments. Any advice? Is there any strategy?

An open question to the devs, what are you supposed to do to counter? Is there some kind of strategy that I'm missing?
    Last edited by RENEGADE_18; 08-20-2018, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Make sure u always have a good squad i know my squad can take alot of damage without dying. Try group all ur units together hopely u have alot of rocketeers and bombardiers u see where the most are put a Focus Fire from safe distance. And alot will be gone. Then u troop go forward put a decoy and you in

Comment

Originally posted by RENEGADE_18 View Post
        How do you counter them when they're highly ranked + have endless clips without using deployable attack cards? Especially if they're entrenched and in groups seperated by horizontal wall segments. Any advice? Is there any strategy?
        Many options
        • Use Mass Riot Shield units vs mass Sniper defense
        • If they are using Endless Clips, use Tear Gas against them
        • If you have any explosive units, use a Focus Fire on them and watch them fly
        • If you have more Aerial than they have Anti-Air, then explode them using your aerials
        • If they have walls between them and you can't make them shoot each other, you can still use Decoy to make them Fire somewhere useless, to buy time for your troops to get in range
        Alliance: Helldivers
        YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/cusman

Comment

• RENEGADE_18
          RENEGADE_18 commented
          Editing a comment
          Some really great tips there.

I'm sill a little concerned. This means that you HAVE to main rockets or bombadiers in your alliance build, or have the right cards. With about 8 AA turrets guarding garison, at best you'd get 1 hit if that. Riots don't spawn fast enough to counter 20 odd snipers, and if you're running through a trench, you're screwed. It's one thing to have notice of the build in PVP, it's totally another in alliance ...

Comment

• cusman
          cusman commented
          Editing a comment
          Put Rapid Deployment Perk on your Riot Units. If you have Volunteer hero perk, use that on your Riot units as well. Use Rally Flags to pull them back a few times before approaching the choke. Use Decoy or Tear Gas as you get to the choke to buy time. Use Unstoppable / Speed perks to get by Barb Wire better (or use Boots card to ignore Barb Wire).

Always mix in Cheap Grunts so some of the high Damage Sniper shots go to taking out Cheap Grunts.

You can use Snipers of your own to start taking out defending Snipers. You can use units like Machine Gunner or Commando to spray and stagger / kill defending Snipers. It doesn't have to be Rocketeer and Bombardiers.

The options are numerous, but if you find your sound tactics are not working, maybe you need more practice on the execution / timing of those tactics.

Maybe. I have ultra rapid deploy and cash on riots, but they still don't spawn fast enough. Maybe I do need some more pracice ...

Comment

Don't ask the devs to help you fix your ability to be a competent player; not even a dev can do that. "Everything cusman said" + bide your time to build up specials. Get good, scrub.

Comment

• RENEGADE_18
            RENEGADE_18 commented
            Editing a comment
            So I can't even ask for advice on a forum? What next! Specials are also COMPLETELY random in case you didn't notice ...

Those decoys work great placed at the end of a row of snipers. The end sniper shoots through the others down the line. If you have walls between and no obvious line between them place the decoy on the top of a wall or on a building so that all the troops have line of sight to see and shoot at it.

Comment

Rockeeters are really strong against snipers, especially with focus fires as that allows them to out-range the snipers and kill a bunch with the explosive radius on their attacks. Sometimes it can be good to target the wall between two groups, to take down the wall and both groups at the same time.

Riots are good, Surgeons are good, Sharpshooters are good since they have a faster rate of fire and Snipers don't have alot of health.

Medics are useless although excellent against Bombardier, whereas the Surgeon is great against Snipers and useless versus Bombardier. Which is why you'll often see players run both.

Always look at the base before you attack it if you can. You want to see how many of their units are using Iron Lungs. If they're not using Iron lungs that's great for you. If they are, then use your tear gas specials the game gives you to immobilize their bunkers or sniper towers.

Bunkers are really good for immobilizing troops while the enemy units gun you down, so you don't want an active Bunker firing on you while fighting snipers or they'll eradicate your forces rather quickly.

Comment

• RENEGADE_18
              RENEGADE_18 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey, some really great commentary there, thanks very much! Sadly, I don't think I'm going to experience the power of surgeons for a long, long time =[ lol Still this is some really great advice! lol thanks again! ^_^
              Last edited by RENEGADE_18; 08-25-2018, 05:31 PM.
          Working...
          X