Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

STOP TROLLING THE DEVS AND START HELPING. LET'S GO NUTS. ADD A STORY MODE!!!!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOP TROLLING THE DEVS AND START HELPING. LET'S GO NUTS. ADD A STORY MODE!!!!!

1) Giving up, crying, being in denial and calling the game dead is not going to help anybody or get you your money back. Regardless of whatever theories you have, if the game is still playable and all the features are still available, then that surely has to mean they haven't pulled the plug yet!!!!

2) This game is still possible to play 100% for free.

3) Try and give the developers exciting ideas that won't necessarily take much code to develop at all so that they can quickly immediately implement them to regenerate interest, for example
    - an army vs army mode
    - community based content
    - shaking up the missions or adding a new set of missions and making them more competitive or limited time and giving super rewards for them, like giving new heroes to whoever can defeat a 3 skull base with only grunts within a set amount of time, just like what gran turismo used to do
    - ADDING A STORY MODE!!!!!!!!!! OR BETTER YET, A COMMUNITY STORY MODE!!!! LET THE COMMUNITY MAKE A STORY IF THE DEVS CAN'T!!!! OR JUST HIRE ONE DEDICATED WRITIER TO THINK OF A STORY!! (if politics is a problem, let it be 100% ficitonal!)
    - adding random easter eggs!
    - GIVE THE COMMUNITY THE CHANCE TO CUSTOMIZE THEIR OWN HATS AND THEN SELL THEM, SOMETHING LIKE WHAT THEY DO ON COUNTER STRIKE GO! IT'S A SEEMINGLY SIMPLE YET VERY EFFECTIVE BUSINESS MODEL! COUNTER STRIKE GO DOESN'T EVEN ADD CONTENT VERY OFTEN BECAUSE THE COMMUNITY DOES IT FOR THEM! NOT JUST HATS, BUT THINGS LIKE MAPS TOO
    - even text based tweaks, like even a small change such as having the soldiers tell jokes and giving them funny personalities like in battlefield bad company would nonetheless make a comparatively huge impact when weighed against the work needed! (just make sure they are genuinely good-natured humor though!)

4) THIS IS A GREAT GAME WITH GREAT GAMEPLAY AND ALREADY GREAT POTENTIAL,THERE ARE SO MANY POSSIBLE MECHANICS YOU COULD ADD TO THIS! THIS COULD REALLY BE GAME OF THEY YEAR IF YOU JUST ADD SOME MODES AND CHANGE THE BUSINESS MODEL! WE CAN REALLY MAKE THIS WORK!

5) STOP TROLLING STEVE AND START HELPING HIM IF YOU ACTUALLY WANT THINGS TO GET BETTER! GIVE MORE IDEAS LIKE THIS AND MAKE THEM CONSTRUCTIVE AND POLITE!! BEING RUDE DOESN'T ADD ANY VALUE TO YOUR CRITICISM, BEING WISE AND CREATIVE DOES!!!!!
    Last edited by chirijiraden*PC; 10-14-2018, 03:35 PM.

IT'S NOT EVEN TRUE THAT THEY HAVEN'T EVEN UPDATED THE GAME FOR A YEAR AND A HALF, THE UPDATED IT IN APRIL, THEY DID MAKE TWEAKS AND REBALANCING AND THEY DID TRY TO IMPROVE THE GAME. MAYBE THEY DIDN'T ADD NEW CONTENT BUT LET'S HELP THEM TO CHANGE THAT! AND THERE'S DEFINITELY NO NEED TO MAKE IT ANY HARDER FOR THEM

Comment

Here are some new ideas for characters:
      - Navy SEAL
      - Black OPs operative
      - James Bond-ish espionage agent
      - robots!
      - Captain America-ish super soldier!
      - THE ABILITY FOR EXISTING SOLDIERS TO FIGHT HAND TO HAND IF THEY GET CLOSE ENOUGH!!! WOULDN'T THAT BE AWESOME???
      - Mafia! or other thematic gangsters such as triads or yakuza
      - Secret service agents!

QUICKLY IMPLEMENTABLE CHARACTERS THAT WON'T NEED MUCH REBALANCING TO INCLUDE??!!!
      - non-combatants!
      - mad scientists? who can launch buffs from a distance like how mortars do?
      - propagandists? who can force the enemy to withdraw or be 'confused' and attack each other or go in wayward directions?
      - infiltrative soldiers that can do crazy things before the round starts in the base or pretending to be part of the enemy only to turn on them when the round starts!
      - MESSENGERS AND SUPPLIERS/SUPPLY LINES! WHO CARRY MESSAGES TO THE OTHER SIDE AND NEED TO BE STOPPED OR CAN PROVIDE SUPER BUFFS OR TEMPORARY WEAPONS OR IMMEDIATELY TURN NORMAL UNITS INTO VETERANS UPON SUCCESFUL DELIVERY OF THE PACKAGE (OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT)

NEW MODES THAT JUST NEED REWRITING OF A FEW THINGS WITHOUT NECESSARILY NEW CONTENT!
      - HOSTAGE EXTRACTION!
      - FIND AND ELIMINATE THE SECRET AGENT(S) IN YOUR BASE! BASICALLY THE OPPOSITE OF METAL GEAR AND SPLINTER CELL
      - KILL THE MESSENGER (LOL)
      - MANUAL GRENADE AIMING MINI-GAME
      - THE ABILITY TO TRAIN YOUR SOLDIERS YOURSELF VIA SOME MINI GAME SUCH AS A GRENADE LAUNCHING MINI GAME AND GETTING RANDOM BOOSTS BEFORE THE BATTLE DEPENDING ON HOW SUCCESFUL YOU ARE (LET THIS BE OPTIONAL, IF IT'S MANDATORY IT MAY BECOME AN UNWANTED FORCED COMPLICATION TO STARTING AN ATTACK)
      Last edited by chirijiraden*PC; 10-14-2018, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Well, this is the last time I'm replying to copying / pasting -1500 topics before Asterix and Obelix were born.

1. The things you say there have already been given over a year ago, again and again whether on the STEAM forum or here. The devs are not blind (knowing that the only dev who are still here in the forum is sd peer lol).

2. The novelties, if the devs wanted to put them in place, they would have done the necessary to move, not once the game is inactive and the players have turned the page. A video game, it talks regularly, especially when it comes to a free to play.

3. At the time the game was in a good dynamic, the devs were the first to communicate about the game and answer questions. Since the game is inactive (hello Sds Chase and Sds greg and other), it's the king of silence. Even worse, SD PEER completely ignores ALL QUESTIONS from players in relation to the future of Guns Up.

4. I invite you to contact the SD PEER developer directly, and you will be fixed.

Google translate.

Comment

NO. WE ARE NOT "GOING AGAIN" BECAUSE WE ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES AS BEFORE. I DO NOT INTEND TO GO ROUND IN CIRCLES LIKE HOW THE PEOPLE BEFORE MAY HAVE DONE. DON'T DRAG ME INTO THAT PLEASE.

I MADE THIS POST INTENDING TO PROPOSE SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN BEFORE, SOMETHING IMMEDIATELY USEFUL AND PRACTICAL, NAMELY *QUICKLY IMPLEMENTABLE CONTENT THAT CAN HEAVILY SHAKE THINGS UP BUT WOULD NEED RELATIVELY LITTLE CODE OR WORK"

YOU DON'T NEED A LOT OF WORK OR RE-BALANCING TO ADD HOSTAGES OR SIMPLE NON-COMBATANTS.

YOU DON'T NEED DAYS OR WEEKS OF CODING TO MAKE A CLEAN ARENA WITH AN ARMY-VS-ARMY MODE.

MAYBE IT WOULD TAKE A LONG TIME TO MAKE A STORY, BUT YOU CAN LEAVE THAT TO THE COMMUNITY, JUST LIKE MAKING HATS AND SKINS, AS COUNTER STRIKE HAS SO SUCCESSFULLY DONE. I AM NOT MERELY PROPOSING THEORIES, I HAVE ALSO PROPOSED PROVEN SUCCESFUL METHODS THAT OTHER GAME DEVS HAVE DONE.

I AM ALSO NOT LOOKING TO GO AROUND IN CIRCLES SO DON'T DRAG ME INTO THAT PLEASE!

IT'S A RICH PROJECT AND POTENTIALLY GREAT GAME WE HAVE HERE!
          Last edited by chirijiraden*PC; 10-15-2018, 12:33 AM.

Comment

If the changes being risky are what you are worried about, then consider introducing the experimental changes first in a temporary format. gauge which parts the players like and which parts the players don't like. And when you have a definite response from the players, decide whether to keep or remove the changes one by one? I suggest let there be polls in game and reward players with munitions or perks for taking part in them

Comment

You had me until you said "hostages."

Comment

Stop using all caps...

Comment

Originally posted by chirijiraden*PC View Post
                  1) Giving up, crying, being in denial and calling the game dead is not going to help anybody or get you your money back. Regardless of whatever theories you have, if the game is still playable and all the features are still available, then that surely has to mean they haven't pulled the plug yet!!!!

2) This game is still possible to play 100% for free.

3) Try and give the developers exciting ideas that won't necessarily take much code to develop at all so that they can quickly immediately implement them to regenerate interest, for example
                  - an army vs army mode
                  - community based content
                  - shaking up the missions or adding a new set of missions and making them more competitive or limited time and giving super rewards for them, like giving new heroes to whoever can defeat a 3 skull base with only grunts within a set amount of time, just like what gran turismo used to do
                  - ADDING A STORY MODE!!!!!!!!!! OR BETTER YET, A COMMUNITY STORY MODE!!!! LET THE COMMUNITY MAKE A STORY IF THE DEVS CAN'T!!!! OR JUST HIRE ONE DEDICATED WRITIER TO THINK OF A STORY!! (if politics is a problem, let it be 100% ficitonal!)
                  - adding random easter eggs!
                  - GIVE THE COMMUNITY THE CHANCE TO CUSTOMIZE THEIR OWN HATS AND THEN SELL THEM, SOMETHING LIKE WHAT THEY DO ON COUNTER STRIKE GO! IT'S A SEEMINGLY SIMPLE YET VERY EFFECTIVE BUSINESS MODEL! COUNTER STRIKE GO DOESN'T EVEN ADD CONTENT VERY OFTEN BECAUSE THE COMMUNITY DOES IT FOR THEM! NOT JUST HATS, BUT THINGS LIKE MAPS TOO
                  - even text based tweaks, like even a small change such as having the soldiers tell jokes and giving them funny personalities like in battlefield bad company would nonetheless make a comparatively huge impact when weighed against the work needed! (just make sure they are genuinely good-natured humor though!)

4) THIS IS A GREAT GAME WITH GREAT GAMEPLAY AND ALREADY GREAT POTENTIAL,THERE ARE SO MANY POSSIBLE MECHANICS YOU COULD ADD TO THIS! THIS COULD REALLY BE GAME OF THEY YEAR IF YOU JUST ADD SOME MODES AND CHANGE THE BUSINESS MODEL! WE CAN REALLY MAKE THIS WORK!

5) STOP TROLLING STEVE AND START HELPING HIM IF YOU ACTUALLY WANT THINGS TO GET BETTER! GIVE MORE IDEAS LIKE THIS AND MAKE THEM CONSTRUCTIVE AND POLITE!! BEING RUDE DOESN'T ADD ANY VALUE TO YOUR CRITICISM, BEING WISE AND CREATIVE DOES!!!!!
                  My replies:

1) Ignoring the obvious certainly isn't going to help anybody either. People say bag things about the state of this game because the game is in a bad state.

2) Yes. The game is free but it's not like there aren't other games which are free to play. Nor are all free to play titles doing as poorly as this game.

3) Have you tried looking at some of the numerous "exciting ideas" this community has proposed? Nearly all of what you said has been suggested. And "easy-to-implement is a relative term. I'm sure if the money and personnel are there -- anything is easy to implement. But what's a lone CM (Community Manager) like SD going to do? You're telling them to add an entire story mode!!!

4) If it's so "great" how come there are so many folks complaining? How come the current number of players are so low? Why are the Vets leaving?

5) No one is trolling Steve. Even though in actuality he can do nothing for the game, being the CM many people look to him for salvation in the crisis which has plagued the game. They tell him what's wrong. What they want fixed, and in turn - he delivers the message to the rest of the team so that they can address the communities demands. This is what he's always done in the past. The problem is that there is no "team" to add content anymore.

Comment

• IsraelysGU
                    IsraelysGU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yup, exatly.

@LWOF_BrOkenArrow

3) easy to implement is relative, yes. But i said ideas that quick to implement that would be practically and readily executable without necessarily needing new resources (which i think might be one of the strongest reasons why they are not adding new content actually, i'll elaborate the full reason i believe is the case in a new post). As in, simply re-using existing models/sprites like maybe grunts and taking guns off them and thus making them a different kind of unit with minimal work which probably just one dude could do in a day without the need to make new animations or mesh new 3D models and sound effects and gameplay balancing from scratch etc.

Secondly, i did say that if it's hard for steve to do something, or indeed everything lol by himself like add a story, which would be understandable, then just outsource things like that to the community, like how valve has done with Counter Strike by freely allowing mods. They don't even need to update the game and the community adds content for them. (And one-man teams have actually managed to make wonders before, it is possible still, there are some great indie games out there comparable to guns up!)

4) i think i saw in a post the very reason why vets are leaving which i will explain in a new full post

5) No actually i believe the team is still there just that they are facing a problem without a solution that may pertain to new content which is why they cannot add any. In any case they can solve this problem by letting the community add their own mods
                  Last edited by chirijiraden*PC; 10-15-2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Chi, your ideas are great. Those ideas would have kept the game strong.

They are not happening. The process that GU! is going through is the exact process that free-to-play games go through when they are phasing out.

The most wise move for Valkyrie is to use their resources on the next game they would be developing. Implementing your ideas at this point is not financially sound.

Again, all caps or not, your ideas will not be seen in GU! Would be a great start for GU 2! though.

Comment

Ok well let's go all the way and say the devs have completely given up as you (and i know many others) say.

Please look at this Steve, or someone please bring this to Steve's attention.

Why can't they let the community make their own mods/host their own servers then, while getting whatever money they still can on gold and maybe events from time to time? This is a proven and working method that valve and rockstar have themselves exploited to raging success where they don't even need to work anymore BECAUSE of the passion of the die-hard community (which can be seen to exist for this game too) would make content on their own. So why can't they adopt this model too?
                      Last edited by chirijiraden*PC; 10-15-2018, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchaicLotus View Post
                        Chi, your ideas are great. Those ideas would have kept the game strong.

They are not happening. The process that GU! is going through is the exact process that free-to-play games go through when they are phasing out.

The most wise move for Valkyrie is to use their resources on the next game they would be developing. Implementing your ideas at this point is not financially sound.

Again, all caps or not, your ideas will not be seen in GU! Would be a great start for GU 2! though.
                        GU2 sounds very lovely @ this point! Lolol
                        However, if that's a possibility, the question is will it be free-to-play or would it have to be purchased?
                        Either way, I'd get it! Lol

Comment

I wouldn’t have a problem paying for a GU2 tittle.
                          Also, other ways to make revenue would be to add a fee when joining an alliance. For example the fee could be 100 gold for joining that way it would help alleviate the problem with alliance jumpers. Watching an ad before a battle is a very good idea also I hope the developers are reading.

Comment

Working...
                          X