Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

We should all try to think of ways to make money for devs

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We should all try to think of ways to make money for devs

    I am not ignoring the other solutions i have already suggested, namely opening the game to the community if the devs really have given up.

    But here i also want to make another proposal.

    Has anyone tried thinking of ways to improve the monetization on this game for the devs?

    If not, then well.. by merely suggesting how to improve the gameplay while it's still financially un-viable would be watering the wrong tree

  • #2
    Here's one idea. We can have sponsored matches. Meaning you can play a match that would have you watch an ad first, and then throughout the match you would get more attack cards or free munitions or after the match you will get gold along with the other rewards you get. Let all these matches be optional. Easy to implement, zero inconvenience, and everybody wins and the devs get quick and clean money.
    Last edited by chirijiraden*PC; 10-16-2018, 05:07 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      M8 i buyed tons of gold and wat i get?
      -Error in AB
      -Bleu Screens
      -Send gifts error gold gone and Friends no gift
      -Not last Season but before i lost over 2000Gold on buyed AB and error.....
      - Cause errors i miss some Epic card bundle and Elite Card Bundle
      So whats the point u get nothing back u only lose stuff

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh dear. I'm really sorry that happened to you.

        Actually Steve has reimbursed on players who lost gold before. And even when they didn't lose it too, but when they spent it by mistake on dynamite. You can contact Steve about this.

        Also, are you sure the blue screens aren't because of your PC specs?

        Comment


        • RolexHoster
          RolexHoster commented
          Editing a comment
          Im on ps4

      • #5
        Originally posted by chirijiraden*PC View Post
        I am not ignoring the other solutions i have already suggested, namely opening the game to the community if the devs really have given up.

        But here i also want to make another proposal.

        Has anyone tried thinking of ways to improve the monetization on this game for the devs?

        If not, then well.. by merely suggesting how to improve the gameplay while it's still financially un-viable would be watering the wrong tree

        It's as if you think the Devs do everything for the game by themselves. San Diego Studio is basically an organization Owned by Sony. I'm sure if you check the credits in the game you'll find that A LOT of people were involved in the production of the game. I'm sure San Diego has its own marketing department that deal with ways to make money. What you fail to realize is that they've moved on to other projects.

        They're not paying their developers to sit idly and watch this game continue to sink -- they're working on other stuff atm, and Guns Up! has most likely been declared a finished product (even if it feels incomplete to us).

        Comment


        • #6
          I see that the last of their updates for guns up also coincided with San Diego's latest MLB installment so you may be right.. That being said though, that still doesn't stop them from outsourcing development of further content to the community

          Comment


          • #7
            Find a way to help them agree why not, but what to do when the devs (finally the dev remaining on the forum) completely ignore us when we ask questions about the future of Guns Up? Do you find that normal? Even if we know that the development of the game is over, do not you think it would be respectable if the devs tell us?

            ALMOST ALL STUDIOS do it, they set up a DLC schedule, and once finished and well it's over. Sometimes, some studios continue to feed their games into new content once their schedule is complete, but that depends on the studios.

            For me sorry, but ignore the players voluntarily when questions concern the future of Guns Up, I find it disrespectful.

            I will not even be surprised to see the servers closed without even telling us in advance.

            Google Translate.

            Comment


            • #8
              Again, not that we desire it to be so, but Guns Up! is phasing out. Good game for what is was.

              Personally, I hope that Valkyrie is moving on to better things, maybe or maybe not. The engaement is no longer here, whether you wish it or not.

              Comment


              • #9
                But i thought you said they wouldn't add more content because it wouldn't be financially sound, and i'm providing a solution for that. GTA V is still going strong to this day thanks to the community and Rockstar continues to make loads of money. We don't need to dance around this. Every unique game that is good enough to be strongly and widely appreciated like this one deserves a unique kind of management. There's no law mandating that free-to-play games have to undergo some cycle, nor would particularly good games especially have to follow them, ESPECIALLY if they carry a lasting appeal and people still like them EVEN WHEN forced to give up on them.

                The problem was money? We should solve the problem then. Why should we force loyal players to give up or make unnecessary excuses for avoidable cycles?

                Comment


                • #10
                  Chi, I'm only shooting you straight. You are correct about GTA V, but comparing GTA V to anything but mega-games is in error. Rockstar entertainment has become massive with their marquee games. GU! is so very small in comparison.

                  The only way you can help developers out is to keep purchasing in-game items. However, they are contracted through management in relation to SCE.

                  Regardless of your desire, future implementations to this game are not happening. Not being a downer, I'm only shooting you straight.

                  Research the content of quality and stability of free-to-play games and you will discover the patterns of the longevity of successful f2p (free to play) games and the patterns of those that are not so successful.

                  I will not neither discuss nor entertain my findings or questions that you may have. It is soley your responsibility to gain wisdom in this manner.

                  GU! is in a stasis......then it will be no more, just like other f2p games. Games only last so long if add-ons and future developments do not occur. Guns Up! has been out of the loop of future developments for over a year-and-a-half.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    And again I repeat, the stop of events (halloween etc) should have already reacted to the community. Many were too concerned not to listen to warning signals...

                    Also, I would like to clarify one point. Most regulars who have left the game is not lack of novelty, although there are also in this case. But it's mostly because of the different destructive updates. Many players have had their base destroyed several times with a snap of their fingers and many have been fed up. Also, some found that the updates destroyed the game rather than making it more fun and difficult.

                    But anyway, a whole bunch of causes that does not matter anymore today.

                    And finally we can not do anything for Guns Up. First, no publisher will put money on it (like most f2p, once dead it's dead). And second, we can not help A WALL OF SILENCE. If everyone does not care about the game and the devs themselves (the last ones...) avoid the questions OF THEIR OWN COMMUNITY about the futur of GU, well we have to close our mouth and turn the page as I already did me for a long time ago.

                    Me, what makes me a little pain, it is especially to see the last survivors with stars in the eyes, still believing in Santa Claus. The development of Guns up is over for a long time ago.

                    Wake up, raise the head. Do not be sad guys.
                    Google translate.

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Originally posted by chirijiraden*PC View Post
                      But i thought you said they wouldn't add more content because it wouldn't be financially sound, and i'm providing a solution for that. GTA V is still going strong to this day thanks to the community and Rockstar continues to make loads of money. We don't need to dance around this. Every unique game that is good enough to be strongly and widely appreciated like this one deserves a unique kind of management. There's no law mandating that free-to-play games have to undergo some cycle, nor would particularly good games especially have to follow them, ESPECIALLY if they carry a lasting appeal and people still like them EVEN WHEN forced to give up on them.

                      The problem was money? We should solve the problem then. Why should we force loyal players to give up or make unnecessary excuses for avoidable cycles?
                      They're not going to make new content cause that costs money. Money which San Diego doesn't feel like spending on GU! -- mainly because it didn't exceed their expectations and make them as much money as they would've liked.

                      Community Content is a no go because then players would be able to create Hats/Cards/Structures with OP stats to allow them to win Instantly. Not to mention such stuff really isn't for games like this.

                      All great things must come to an end --- that's just life. I don't think I can say that the game itself isn't good -- but if the game were everything YOU make it out to be, It's quite obvious millions would be playing it and the Devs would've extended their focus on Guns Up!

                      Comment


                      • IsraelysGU
                        IsraelysGU commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Exatly, again.

                    • #13
                      In any case, I am sure that if the devs had listened to the millions of ideas that the community had given them, Guns Up would have had great success, AND ON THE LENGTH.

                      Millions of interesting ideas had been proposed, be it at the level of new combat units and structure, through different maps, snows, deserts etc, dynamic map, rain, but millions of ideas I would need 1 week for all lists.

                      In the end, nothing has been done. That small additions to add a few seconds of playing time as veteran medals, boring to death.

                      The morality of the story in the end is that you always have to listen to your community, your players.

                      Google translate.

                      Comment


                      • #14
                        This is a dead loop, the game does not update can not attract more people to stay in the game, and the loss of players will cause the game not to update (do not earn money).Plus, is Halloween really gone?I also want to collect a lot of hats.Because I missed any of the previous events. Google translation

                        Comment


                        • #15
                          Originally posted by chirijiraden*PC View Post
                          Here's one idea. We can have sponsored matches. Meaning you can play a match that would have you watch an ad first, and then throughout the match you would get more attack cards or free munitions or after the match you will get gold along with the other rewards you get. Let all these matches be optional. Easy to implement, zero inconvenience, and everybody wins and the devs get quick and clean money.
                          I think watching an ad before a battle (while its loading) is a cool idea. Actually, have ads playing in between screens would work for me instead of seeing the same backgrounds. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but it really does need help.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X