X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beating a bombardier base

This is one of many ways to attack a 5:30 bombardier base with hidden sniper towers, no focus fire, no munitions, no veterans...even made some new veterans!! Hope this helps some of the mid levels (lower than 100) and the low levels as well (Lower than level 50) to get new ideas on how to attack nightmares using common cards.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vhKQhYQl4ZE

Class as always mate. I defy anyone to put a better show on than that!

Comment

Man, that base was as disappointing as a non-loaded baked potato.

Comment

Missing the point again mate. What looks like a starchy fart to you. Is another mans nightmare!

Comment

"A starchy fart" would be a good description of the base.

Comment

• mendoza0206
            mendoza0206 commented
            Editing a comment
            For a base like this claytonhorning has to take 3 focus fires, 3k munitions and all his veterans out. Maybe clayton can’t even beat unloaded baked potatoes without bringing it all in 😂

Originally posted by claytonhorning View Post
          Man, that base was as disappointing as a non-loaded baked potato.
          Like I said, it’s just a different way to attack nightmares claytonhorning. You at level 150ish and me at level 68 have the same nightmares...so we are both attacking unloaded baked potatoes? Am I getting attacked by half baked potatoes? (You’re one of my opponents) there is more than one way to attack.

Comment

Here is a flamethrower /chemist base...again no FF, no munitions. Paratroopers and decoys are very plentiful and in about 40 matches against my top opponents they’ve worked and just lost 2 matches. Rally flags also drop left and right and are also very useful.
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c5l1WE_rCgM

Comment

There sure is, just as there is more than one way to build a base. You could spawn grunts for 8 minutes, then finish or you can go 'balls to the walls' like I do. You could build the biggest 11:30 base or you could go with the 5:30 base.

Comment

• mendoza0206
                mendoza0206 commented
                Editing a comment
                Next time I run into your base I’ll see if I can beat it the same way. See what type of potatoes you got.

I've tried SO MANY different optimal base builds lately and...they're all beatable with good perks (like you said), skill, and a little luck. Waiting for 8 minutes worth of specials helps, too. (Rabah-style) My philosophy during the Alliance season especially is that while the average player deploys grunts until their victory is a sure thing, in the time that they did that I've already scored triple the points destroying 3 bases, unless I run into a base like ajquimelvin, which simply requires a follow-on 2-skull run to get a vet squad back. Guns Up's biggest flaws are:

1.) The best perks for attacking are NOT optimal for defending
              2.) The best units for attacking are often also the best units for defending
              3.) No matter how "good" you build your base, people are still going to defeat it.
              4.) The benefits from winning attacks far outweigh winning defends, and this is why:
              a.) You can score an exponential number of attacks per # of times you get attacked
              b.) Double xp during ABs and to some degree having control of what you receive as campaign rewards typically blows away defend rewards.

But I digress....

Click image for larger version

Name:	keys.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	4603

Comment

• mendoza0206
                mendoza0206 commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s the difference between someone like you and me. I enjoy playing the game, I like pushing my “luck” to see how cheaply I can beat a base. I’m not required by my alliance to do any points I just do what I do. I’m also not here for the title since it will most likely be taken by cheaters or low levels (or both). I’m also not saying this is the best way to do things, it’s just to give some players a different idea than just with focus fires and 3k munitions which harder to come by.

Alrighty then.

Comment

Here is another example of how patience pays off. Rushing a base many times can result in a loss because barrels can destroy entire waves and it’s hard to recover because you lost most of your munitions.
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_YEJBQ7IUD4

Comment

Anyone care to improve on that?!

Comment

I really dont know what to say about that steve!!! Sorry for the extended boredom!!!
                    https://youtu.be/Mi9uivXgEo

Comment

• mendoza0206
                      mendoza0206 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The link doesn’t work.

Shocking player!! Pretentending to be a legend!! Worse!! Champion mate!!

Comment

Working...
                    X