X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can sniper towers shoot over?

Wondering what the different levels of sniper towers can shoot over? It's really hard to tell. Can they shoot over walls or bunkers?

Level 1, 2, and 3s can't shoot over anything. Don't know about 4 or 5.

Comment

So there can not be anything in the field of view? Like you cant place a wall a few feet or so in front of them to protect them? Its a sniper TOWER, that makes no sense.

Comment

Using bullets to manufacture a flamethrower or a wooden bunker makes no sense. This is a game after all.

Although the devs could be more clear about basic game mechanics like that rather than leave it up to players to figure out, all in the heat of battles rather than while studying replays. Which is why I suggested actual field of fire indicators, color coded by building type.

Comment

Originally posted by osucowboy918 View Post
          So there can not be anything in the field of view? Like you cant place a wall a few feet or so in front of them to protect them? Its a sniper TOWER, that makes no sense.

So what I do is Sniper in the middle, 2 sets of sand bags / tank traps placed diagonally in front of it.

This way, enemies aim for the soldiers in front and the missed bullets will not hit my Sniper.

Comment

My sniper tower level 2 shoots over my bunker but It doesn't shoot over walls

Comment

• leowtyx
              leowtyx commented
              Editing a comment
              Really? I'll try it out.

Edit: Tried it with lvl 3 Bunker in front of lvl 3 Sniper, my Sniper shoots my Bunker instead.
              Last edited by leowtyx; 12-14-2015, 09:57 PM.

U have to be careful-ish. Your own units can hit each other, towers included. In fact, using the decoy you can make troops kill their own, especially useful with enemy flamers.

Comment

• leowtyx
              leowtyx commented
              Editing a comment
              @AnaLoGMunKy, but I tested sniper behind bunker, and the sniper shots definitely hits the bunker and stops there.

• AnaLoGMunKy
              AnaLoGMunKy commented
              Editing a comment
              @leowtyx Hmm, did it take health off?

• leowtyx
              leowtyx commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn't think it mattered because it would be a waste to place it behind, but I suppose if you have tons of building points then stacking will be fine.

Will check tonight to see if it hurts.

Ive got a question, does the fire rate perk work well on snipers? Considering they reload after each shot the perk looks pointless.

LatchJohnson
            Big Red One

Comment

@HiBigRed, no reload speed and damage are your best sniper perks. SNIPER TOWERS CAN shoot over the two small rocks and troops CANNOT shoot back, They CANNOT shoot over walls or bunkers. They CAN also shoot thru trees and over the two rock walls. Hope this helps in your building process.

Comment

Towers also have auto-retaliate just like every troop in cover, if a stray bullet hits them they will retaliate from a very long distance.

Comment

Working...
                X