X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack Cards tips and tricks: What I have learned so far

I have worked out some nifty tricks to using some of the Attack Cards and just wanted to share these with the new players that join and maybe even vets might learn something new
    All suggestions are welcome and I have plenty to learn as well, no doubt. If you have anything to add pop a comment in and I will edit it in with your name to show that internet pointz have been earned.

-----------------

Decoy:
    Dont overlook this badboy. It can actually be one of the most powerful. Think of it as focus fire for the enemy. If the have a line of troops in front of a bunker, place it behind the bunker and they will all turn and, if you have placed it well, shoot their own bunker, usually with devastating effect! (dont place on TOP of the bunker, they will shoot up at it and pretty much miss the building entirely). Edit: You can also use YIZZURR's trick with the Tear Gas to bunch enemies up and unleash concentrated hell upon themselves with this.
    This is also an incredible power for the CPU defence. Place it amongst a large group or at a dangerous unit and watch flamers, rockets and grenadiers decimate their own troops.

Firebomb:
    The firebomb wants to bounce three times. Great for reducing the health of multiple structures if you aim it along side the building instead of directly on it, where the bounce will stop if it hits anything.
    Iv even bounced a firebomb off a tree and it flew off rather far, this was an accident tho

Focus Fire:
    My fave power in the game. Your troops will shoot thru anything to hit the target which can be useful for taking out multiple structures and walls etc
    This power combined with Paratroopers and a smoke or decoy is the death of many a base from me.
    If you can get your paratroopers in the right place and you have troops coming in as normal, you can essentially set up two lines of fire and take out twice as many structures.

Bombing Run:
    You can actually hit quite far inside an AA turrets circle with this power, including hitting the AA gun itself. Its not much but it helps.

Rally Flag:
    Running out of munitions in an attack? Need more attack cards? Pull back and wait for the next spawn of enemy troops so you can earn a bit more so you can spend more so you can carry on the good fight (its always the good side on my side, death to the enemy, skulls for the skull throne, blood for... ahem... sorry.)

Missile:
    I use this to take out walls or low health buildings or force cooldowns on AA guns to let paras in etc.
    The Missile will take out lvl 1 buildings in one hit, like pesky mortars! Some help on the dynamics of how much health this takes would be appreciated. Im slightly disorganised and also lazy so please chime in.

Tear Gas:
    Great tip from YIZZURR here:

"If you have a bottleneck type of defense, and a huge enemy wave starts funneling into the bottleneck, drop the Tear Gas and rain down with a Missile, Fire Bomb or even a Land Mine. What I like to do is place the Tear Gas just so that the edge of the cloud is at the smallest point of the bottleneck. I do this because as soon as troops hit the cloud, they stop dead in their tracks, which means they bunch up in a very tight cluster. This makes it very easy to take out multiple units with a single Missile, Land Mine or Fire Bomb. One thing to note is that Flamers are unaffected since they have gas masks."

I underlined a part because I felt it doubly important to point out the trick is getting them at the edge of the cloud. Id not thought of doing that so this is awesome for me

-----------------

Thats it so far. I look forward to seeing what other dirty tricks people have come up with.
    Last edited by AnaLoGMunKy; 12-19-2015, 04:35 PM.

Nice little trick with the decoys, Never knew that. Thanks for posting this.

Comment

I wouldn't call this a dirty trick, but the Tear Gas is an amazing card to use in tandem with other cards, especially during CPU Defend. If you have a bottleneck type of defense, and a huge enemy wave starts funneling into the bottleneck, drop the Tear Gas and rain down with a Missile, Fire Bomb or even a Land Mine. What I like to do is place the Tear Gas just so that the edge of the cloud is at the smallest point of the bottleneck. I do this because as soon as troops hit the cloud, they stop dead in their tracks, which means they bunch up in a very tight cluster. This makes it very easy to take out multiple units with a single Missile, Land Mine or Fire Bomb. One thing to note is that Flamers are unaffected since they have gas masks.

Another note is that besides the Decoy (and Focus Fire, I think), all of the attack cards can also damage your own troops, so be sure to deploy them with your own guys in mind.

Comment

tear gas has the ability to actually stop bunkers from firing temporarily i use it often if one is placed in a choke point to allow my team to fire on it without a counter attack briefly.

Comment

• AnaLoGMunKy
          AnaLoGMunKy commented
          Editing a comment
          It can really save the day

Figured out most of this over the last few days on my own. However this, the base structure thread, and all other quality tip threads should be combined into one. Then stickied and labeled beginners guide to Gunsup? I mean thats how they do it on most games forums I've played on in the past for pc.
        Last edited by bluemagik420; 12-19-2015, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• YIZZURR
          YIZZURR commented
          Editing a comment
          This definitely needs to happen. I'm sure it eventually will when the game gets bigger. Right now, when I'm on the forums, I only see like 4 or 5 other people on.

What I love to do is if the base is being too easy on me, I tear gas my own troops so they all die.

Comment

• AnaLoGMunKy
          AnaLoGMunKy commented
          Editing a comment
          So you earn more munitions and stars from killing guys?

• leowtyx
          leowtyx commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, more scores.

Note: My attack goal is to focus on maximizing XP gained per second during a match and I do this by maximizing kill streaks.

Rally Back! - whenever i start off with a rally flag i ALWAYS rally them back so that my initial attack group is in a tight a formation as possible. (as many rangers and medics as i can afford)

Firebomb and Missile: Drop at the entrance to opposing HQ with _:05 left on the clock (i.e. 4:05 or 5:05) as this will be perfect timing since troops spawn out of the HQ at with _:03 on the clock. This saves a firefight for your own troops and adds to your Kill Streak

Smoke Screen your own troops: use the left edge of the smoke screen on your farthest advanced troop and this will help keep them still in order for the rest of their team to catch up. kinda works like a rally flag if you need to get your troops bunched up

Decoy on a rock! - if your opponent's troops destroy their own building when you use a decoy, I believe you don't get the munitions or XP. Putting the Decoy on a rock or other elevated place will cause the opponent's troops to fire harmlessly into the air and buy some more time for your troops to get in a better position to attack.

Focus Fire: Use to destroy walls, barrels and/or barbed wire to gain munitions and add to your kill streak!

Decoy(or smoke screen) to Focus Fire combo: Sniper towers are probably the biggest threat to ending a Kill Streak. Whenever you focus fire a sniper tower, they will shoot back if you're anywhere in front of it no matter how far! Drop a smoke screen or decoy before using the focus fire so that the sniper tower isn't targeting you.

By far my favorite attack:
        Rally Flag / Focus Fire combo: Rally your troops to a point where they will align with a row of your opponent's structures, Focus fire the building to the farthest right and watch your troops mow down all buildings in between. (your troops can shoot approximately 1.25 screen lengths away)

Comment

• bluemagik420
          bluemagik420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha nice! I thought I was the only one to figure out the placing of flags behind trucks to delay for the slower spawning troops. Nice work and good advice dude!
      Working...
      X