Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement: GUNS UP! 20-12-16 Server Update Info!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement: GUNS UP! 20-12-16 Server Update Info!

Hey guys, while we're still polishing the final bells and whistles on today's server update we wanted to let you all see what was coming in this update! Thanks to all of you for your continued interest and support of GU! and, as always, be sure to let us know what you think about today's adjustments.

GUNS UP! 20-12-16 Server Update Info
    • Sandbag Exploit Fix
      • Sandbags no longer block unit pathing. The original intent for sandbags was only to give cover to units, not to act as a second set of harder-to-destroy walls.
    • Additional Matchmaking Tools
      • We will now have more ways to improve the matchmaking experience. This will likely take a few days to get dialed in, but the end result should be bases more accurately representing their skull difficulties.
    • Replaced Legendary Card Pack level up rewards with Epic Card Packs for levels 50+
    • Corrected the requirement text to match the actual requirements for the following missions:
      • Overachiever, Pump Action, Star Performer
    • Reimplemented the following Mission tweaks:
      • · "Rampage" – Easy - Destroy 200 structures with the MG
        • Changed requirements to: Destroy 100 structures with the MG
      • "Spoils" - Easy - Gather 50,000 munitions from PVP
        • Turned on recycle
      • "Pump Action" - Easy - Kill 75 units with the Engineer in PVP
        • Changed requirements to: Kill 50 units with the Engineer in PVP
      • "Field Roast" – Medium - Kill 100 Grunts with Flamers
        • Changed requirements to: Kill 50 Grunts with Flamers
      • "Bulldozer" – Medium - Destroy 100 walls
        • Changed requirements to: Destroy 25 walls
        • Changed secondary reward to: 40000 mn
      • "Firepower" – Medium - Score 500 kills using Bunkers while defending
        • Changed requirements to: Score 200 kills using Bunkers while defending
      • "Controlled Demolition" – Medium - Destroy 20 walls with missiles
        • Changed requirements to: Destroy 15 walls with missiles
      • "Finish the Job" - Hard - Destroy 10 headquarters with a missile
        • Change requirements to: Destroy 3 headquarters with a missile
      • "Underdog" - Hard - Achieve a 5 attack win streak against nightmare opponents
        • Change requirements to: Achieve a 3 attack win streak against nightmare opponents
      • "Mobile Bunker" - Hard - Kill 15 units using the transport truck in one battle
        • Turned on recycle.
      • "Shut Down" - Hard - Snipe 5 Medics using Sniper Towers
        • Changed requirements to: Snipe 10 Medics using Sniper Towers
      • "Payback" - Hard - Blow up 50 Rocketeers using mines
        • Changed requirements to: Blow up 25 Rocketeers using mines
        • Turned on recycle.
      • "Sneak Attack" - Hard - Destroy 25 structures with Paratroopers
        • Changed requirements to: Destroy 15 structures with Paratroopers
        • Changed secondary reward to: 60000 mn
      • "Rolling Fortress" - Hard - Kill 20 units using the transport truck in one battle
        • Changed secondary reward to: Rare Card Pack
    Last edited by SD-PEER81; 12-20-2016, 05:05 PM.

Lots of good changes to game, how about fixing the "milking the clock" exploit that lots of nightmare are using where they use all their vets at the end of the base giving about 6 minutes or less to end the match when the truck takes so long to get there and makes us run out of time by the time you destroy all the barrels. Some of them now don't even use tents just vets
    Last edited by mendoza0206; 12-20-2016, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Elite-_Mercenary
      Elite-_Mercenary commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. More attack time would be nice.

There´s no red skull to attack here. How many time to "fix" this new matchmaking? I play to reach the high ranking position and xp.
    Last edited by BAGRITTUS; 12-20-2016, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• xBino
      xBino commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm seeing the same thing. No more red skulls in my attack list.

All the improvements and changes look good to me. It's much appreciated GU Team, Ty. Keep up with the awesome work GU Team.

Comment

Originally posted by mendoza0206 View Post
      Lots of good changes to game,
      Originally posted by Elite-_Mercenary View Post
      All the improvements and changes look good to me.
      Did you guys especially like the the change with Legendary packs no longer rewarded for level 50+ players?
      So glad I locked in my level 55 Legendary Pack reward right before the update.

Originally posted by SD-PEER81 View Post
      [*]Replaced Legendary Card Pack level up rewards with Epic Card Packs for levels 50+
      Last edited by xBino; 12-20-2016, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Elite-_Mercenary
        Elite-_Mercenary commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol I would have been salty about the no more level rank 50+ Legendary Packs back in the days were I tryharded in the Limited Access and if my rank and everything carried over. I can understand why some players would be salty though. Lol I'm just glad the GU Team likes to balance things and fix stuff for us. I appreciate everything they do for us lol but I always want more because I like the game. I can't help it
        Last edited by Elite-_Mercenary; 12-20-2016, 06:35 PM.

I'm getting ridiculously hard bases now. Just had a 2 white skull with 7 sniper towers and 6 bunkers. There is literally no difference between the 2 white skull and 3 red skulls that I'm getting. What's up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by SD-PEER81 View Post
        [*]Change requirements to: Achieve a 3 attack win streak against nightmare opponents
        Devs, I appreciate you easing up on this mission since nightmare bases are so difficult to beat nowadays. But my red skull nightmare bases are gone with the update.
        How on earth can I complete this mission that's currently in my queue? Is spending gold to endlessly recycle this unbeatable mission the intention?

Please tell me it ain't so! Or does this hotfix need a hotfix?

Comment

• rdiaz190381
          rdiaz190381 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have the Mission for beating 15 Nightmare bases. I tried today to beat at least 2 and there were hard by far. I used to beat 1 o maybe 2 at least in an hour of playing. Playing cards and using some strategy but since the last upgrade i was not able to break the first defense. Later I tried with one o two skull bases and literally i thought that i was fighting nightmare ones. It took me long time to beat like 2-3 one skull bases today. It was ridiciously hard to do so.

• SD-PEER81
          SD-PEER81 commented
          Editing a comment
          The hotfix is out, you should have at least a 1 Red Skull Nightmare base on your Attack list now. Let me know if you are not seeing this. http://forums.gunsupgame.com/forum/s...ing-once-again

• xBino
          xBino commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Steve! It's working properly now

WHAT HAVE YOU GUYS DONE TO MY BASE?!! You guys messed up one of my units from his position which took me days to put him there. You know this is getting real annoying now, seriously. I think i'm just about done with this game.This game used to be fun but you people just keep screwing things up. I remember when I had first played this game and how awesome it was. Now? It's all broken up! Haven't you guys heard? When something is not broken then DON'T fix it. But nooo you guys keep listening to a bunch of 5 yrs old who keeps complaining about what makes the game fun. 1st you guys, SHOWED what type of units a base have. Then you screw up matchmaking. Afterwards, it was the rocks. Now enemy troop can "see" your sniper tower behinds rocks.Not to mention all of the tweakings you have been doing on the hero units. Now it's the sandbags? What's next, huh? Will you allow enemy troop to walk through walls? Oh wait! They already can in defense mode. All you guys have to do now is finalized it on your next update and make it so that in pvp, enemy troop can just walk through walls like in defense mode. I used to be one of those original players, I did not play the demo but I was there when darth eban was number 1. I was there when gumbae becomes number 1. So I know how fun this game USED to be. Anyways, if you guys need to keep this game going then you guys need to stop listening to whiny little children who complains about everything. Listen if you wanna win and earn xp then you need to lose and learn from your mistakes. Nothing is easy. Im not mad about the sandbags, just lately you guys have been doing to much "fixing".
        Last edited by TLG2011; 12-20-2016, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Great update.

Finally sandbag exploit fixed.

The next one exploit fix must be those enclosed sniper towers in the front of the map to block the Transport Truck.

Matchmaking now works better, 3 white skull is more difficult than 2 white skull but not too hard as red skull opponents.
          Thanks to this matchmaking update the 2 red skull opponents are back.

I didn't like the replacing Legendary packs with Epic packs but i can understand the reason, GUNS UP! is Free to Play, not Free to Make.

Keep up the good work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GUNS UP!™_20161221084006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	1452
          http://psnprofiles.com/odytsak
          https://twitter.com/odytsak
          https://www.youtube.com/odytsak

Comment

BAGRITTUS, I'm not a dev, i'm just a GU! player like all of you so there's no explanation why red skull opponents are missing.
          Please, create a topic in the support section and we (GU! community) thank you for the report.

Edit: btw you are a very good player, you can beat my base in under 2 minutes, impressive.
          Last edited by odytsak; 12-21-2016, 02:04 AM.

Comment

I was wondering why the base setup I spent many painstaking hours perfecting with sandbag walling wasn't working anymore. No wonder I'm getting nothing but losses now. I had an ingenious sniper tower crossfire layout designed to waste target cards which worked wonderfully. It worked so well that I am beginning to suspect I may have been the needle that broke the camel's back.
            Last edited by sneakysnake128; 12-21-2016, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• mendoza0206
              mendoza0206 commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't think it was you, your base may have contributed to the complaints but seems like there is a certain moderator here who has some pull with the devs and when he has a hard time beating certain bases well, as you can see changes are made. All this person has to do is send a PM to them and it gets done.

• Kumiankka98
              Kumiankka98 commented
              Editing a comment
              If sandbag walling was they only way to you to get win, well then your base was kinda bad m8.

• nhr2k
              nhr2k commented
              Editing a comment
              Really Mendoza? I see you posting about people crying and whining, but what exactly would you call your post here? Not cool man.

Originally posted by TLG2011 View Post
            WHAT HAVE YOU GUYS DONE TO MY BASE?!! You guys messed up one of my units from his position which took me days to put him there. You know this is getting real annoying now, seriously. I think i'm just about done with this game.This game used to be fun but you people just keep screwing things up. I remember when I had first played this game and how awesome it was. Now? It's all broken up! Haven't you guys heard? When something is not broken then DON'T fix it. But nooo you guys keep listening to a bunch of 5 yrs old who keeps complaining about what makes the game fun. 1st you guys, SHOWED what type of units a base have. Then you screw up matchmaking. Afterwards, it was the rocks. Now enemy troop can "see" your sniper tower behinds rocks.Not to mention all of the tweakings you have been doing on the hero units. Now it's the sandbags? What's next, huh? Will you allow enemy troop to walk through walls? Oh wait! They already can in defense mode. All you guys have to do now is finalized it on your next update and make it so that in pvp, enemy troop can just walk through walls like in defense mode. I used to be one of those original players, I did not play the demo but I was there when darth eban was number 1. I was there when gumbae becomes number 1. So I know how fun this game USED to be. Anyways, if you guys need to keep this game going then you guys need to stop listening to whiny little children who complains about everything. Listen if you wanna win and earn xp then you need to lose and learn from your mistakes. Nothing is easy. Im not mad about the sandbags, just lately you guys have been doing to much "fixing".
            I too am thinking of dropping this. I am also having the problem of units (my own and the enemy's) seeing through rocks and shooting through sniper towers. I only got back into this 2 weeks ago after a long hiatus, only to find that my base layout no longer works, and I am forced to use a generic layout with no ability at all to express any sort of creativity.

Comment

Sandbag blocking is such a critical change that it can make all the difference. If you are removing it, devs, you should allow us the chance to restore all rocks and vegetation, so that we have a fair chance with the new paradigm. A new player has potentially more advantage now because they have more options to work with, while us older players are left with fewer obstacles with which to take advantage of.

I'm very close to dropping this. Nothing but defeats now with a base layout I can't fix due to the devs' mistakes.
              Last edited by sneakysnake128; 12-21-2016, 04:10 AM.

Comment

• Kumiankka98
                Kumiankka98 commented
                Editing a comment
                You guys rely on the sandbag walling way too much! xD

Originally posted by sneakysnake128 View Post
              ...you should allow us the chance to restore all rocks and vegetation, so that we have a fair chance with the new paradigm. A new player has potentially more advantage now because they have more options to work with, while us older players are left with fewer obstacles with which to take advantage of...
              There is a base reset option since 2.15 update, returns removed objects to your base, costs 200 GOLD.

Comment

No more red skull here also.

Comment

• GUNSUP_QA
                  GUNSUP_QA commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looking into this bug now, as you should always have at least the 1 Red Skull base. For anyone else that is seeing this bug, please post here to help us collect data. This may only be affecting very highly ranked bases, but it would be good to get some confidence in that theory. Thanks!

• SD-PEER81
                  SD-PEER81 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We've rolled out a fix for this issue. Please let us know if you are still having this problem. Thanks. http://forums.gunsupgame.com/forum/s...ing-once-again
              Working...
              X