Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement: GUNS UP! 3.20 Update Content

GUNS UP! 3.20 Update Notes:

All
    • Added the ability to move diagonally with the D-pad when selecting opponents on the map screen.
    • Added a graphic over the tents and HQ which will explain when units won’t spawn due to all pathways being blocked
    • Tents no longer spawn pre-battle units onto cover if pathfinding is blocked
    • Added a “Defeat” animation that plays after you lose to an opponent and return to the map
    • Fixed an issue which sometimes allowed structures to be placed inside a like structure’s proximity
    • Stopped music from restarting when entering and exiting the loadout menu
    • Made a change to ensure the decorations counter is updated when removing decorations
    • Fixed an issue where some defensive structures wouldn’t contribute to the base power rating
    • Added an animation when unlocking unit medals
    • “Show Stats” now remains toggled between attacks
    • Fixed an issue which could cause breadcrumbs on the customization option to remain indefinitely
    • The Spec Ops widget on the Hub is now removed after completing a non-repeatable spec ops
    • Fixed a problem where changes to the banner would not appear in the preview image after playing a match or CPU defend
    • Fixed missing text on the munitions card when viewing the details of the resource crate
    • Fixed an issue where stats wouldn’t track on friendly battles
    • Changed the requirements for various missions to be better suited towards the new opponent difficulties.
    PC
    • Fixed a small graphical issue where the scroll bar would never reach the top or bottom of an inventory when grabbing it with the mouse
    • Fixed an issue where buttons would retain their mouse over cursor if the player right -clicked the button
    • Added sound effects when scrolling over available menu selections
    • Fixed various scaling issues when changing resolutions
    • Fixed an issue where tactical view wouldn’t activate with a controller
    • Fixed an issue where a tile graphic would be missing after assigning the last attack card and then entering the attack card menu again before PvP
    • Fixed the yellow scroll arrows in the defend history screen
    • Removed unnecessary yellow arrows above and below entries in the leaderboard
    • Fixed an issue which allowed players to click on alliances that weren’t being displayed in alliance discovery
    • Fixed an issue where text for the early units deal would clip when in windowed mode
    • Adjusted the click box for the info button on the alliance banner in the war menu
    • Ensured players are able to go to the gold store when trying to open a crate from the PvP results screen
    • Fixed an issue where the spawn rate text would not update when cycling through units for a tent using the arrow graphics

Sounds like a very good update

Especially
    • Tents no longer spawn pre-battle units onto cover if pathfinding is blocked
    • Fixed an issue where some defensive structures wouldn’t contribute to the base power rating
    • Changed the requirements for various missions to be better suited towards the new opponent difficulties
    Keep up the good work

PS - I was hoping included in it will be mention of Acheivements / Trophies that fail to unlock for certain people. Any word on when players affected by those issues can expect resolution?

Comment

• SDS_Chase
      SDS_Chase commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey cusman, these issues have been extremely illusive for us. We've been actively pursuing them for weeks, but a recent surge in reports as caused us to shift even more attention towards them.

In short, we're still trying to address this but we don't have any leads yet.

• cusman
      cusman commented
      Editing a comment
      SDS_Chase

If you need help testing the Steam achievements not unlocking for people that already met the requirements as part of Steam Community Test before Achievements on Steam became active to actually unlock, I can volunteer.

The other that I am aware of is people not getting the Trophy / Achievement for being in an Alliance that got a Badge at the end of an Alliance. I don't have this issue, but I have seen various support threads with people reporting that problem. Maybe enlist them specifically to try and replicate to fix.

PS - Totally understand the focus shifting to more pressing issue effecting broader set of players than just some achievements / trophies missing.

Can the dear devs tell us if they are planning on releasing new units soon? Before Christmas 24 maybe?

Anyway a decent update with some good bug fixes. Still new need content like units or base structures to bring me and couple other players back being active players.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-PEER81 View Post
      GUNS UP! 3.20 Update Notes:[*]Added a graphic over the tents and HQ which will explain when units won’t spawn due to all pathways being blocked
      This graphic seems to be appearing when you go into base editing even when your tents and HQ are not path blocked.
      If you then edit something (e.g. move or turn a tent) then the graphic disappears, but will reappear next time you go into base editing.

Comment

• SDS_Chase
        SDS_Chase commented
        Editing a comment
        So you're saying that the icon is appearing even though your units can spawn? But if you make a change to the base, it will disappear. Yet, next time you enter the hub the icon has returned?

• KittenHuffer
        KittenHuffer commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, that's the situation.
        Icon appears saying blocked even though units are spawning fine. Make a minor change and it disappears, only to reappear next time.

Another member of my alliance is also having the same issue. So not just me I'm afraid.

• MonsterLoad*PC
        MonsterLoad*PC commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I noticed this happening to me. I have one wall of a maze of 3 walls between two rocks. If I click it and drop it back into place the icons disappear on my tents and base. It's not blocking since units can and do go thru the maze.

@SDS_Chase
      • Changed the requirements for various missions to be better suited towards the new opponent difficulties
      Which ones exactly? I have serious trouble with paratroopers mission. Killing 101 units without 0 star opponents won't happen.. this year. If structures counted it would be possible but not like this. I guess everyone has trouble with this one.
      Also the paratroopers HQ card (special support) doesn't add kills to the mission. Hopefully you can fix this! A tweak to the mission would make sense as paratroopers aren't really ment to kill units and grunt opponents aren't common at all at my level...
      Last edited by Delusion*PC; 12-19-2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• KittenHuffer
        KittenHuffer commented
        Editing a comment
        A question about the Rockstar mission, does it not count 2 & 3 skull opponents when they are retaliation attacks?
        Overachiever counted the attack towards its completion, but Rockstar did not.

• Vorlon
        Vorlon commented
        Editing a comment
        It took a while but 101 paratrooper kills wasn't difficult. Getting missions for units you don't own (like snipers) is annoying.

• SDS_Chase
        SDS_Chase commented
        Editing a comment
        Correct, retaliations currently do not count.

@Delusion
      I haven’t payed attention to how the paratroopers do in battle. But being that the paratroopers are not considered a unit, do they get healed by medics and get revived by surgeon? If they do then they can be used the same as when we go out to make veterans but instead of regular units we deploy paratroopers behind riots,medics,surgeons and boom a lot of kills by paratroopers.

Comment

• Delusion*PC
        Delusion*PC commented
        Editing a comment
        I just found the easiest 1 star in a while, 2k BP with 12 grunts squad lol. Not sure if tight formation worked but Riots did protect most of them. Medic heals them, but surgeon doesn't revive them. Weird stuff. At least I am close to mission completion^^

• SunnyRT*PC
        SunnyRT*PC commented
        Editing a comment
        If they would fix the paratrooper issues and allow us to add perks to them that would be great.

• cusman
        cusman commented
        Editing a comment
        Paratroopers can be healed and picked up by Surgeons, but they tend to speed ahead of the rest of the pack and they are very fragile since you can't equip Hats or Perks on them to make them stronger.

Getting 101 Kills with Paratroopers was a slow grind even when I was lower level facing much easier opponents. I think last time I did that, I tried to get some Veterans (very luck based) and then used the Veterans in CPU Defend to get kills. It is a super grindy way to get the 101 kills needed. At some point I decided none of the Missions are worth doing once I get stuck on CPU Defend requiring ones.

D-pad and sticks don't work on campaign map, luckily L2/R2 cycle works.
      http://www.youtube.com/odytsak
      http://twitter.com/odytsak
      PS4/Steam: odytsak

Comment

• SDS_Chase
        SDS_Chase commented
        Editing a comment
        We've noticed that. It has to do with the option to swap the sticks. If you return to the default control scheme selection will work. We're looking to address this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Here is a screenshot of the offending wall that causes the blocked path icon that I can clear by just clicking on it and dropping it back into place. It's highlighted.

Comment

• SDS_Chase
        SDS_Chase commented
        Editing a comment
        We're getting close to having a solution for this one. Thanks for your patience. Luckily, despite the icon saying the tent is blocked, we've noticed units still spawn.

• MonsterLoad*PC
        MonsterLoad*PC commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm glad I figured it out pretty easily. One click and it's fixed. I only noticed it when my 2 commando units failed to spawn from my base as usual.
    Working...
    X