X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement: Matchmaking Updates!

Attention soldiers! The GUNS UP! team has been hard at work improving the game experience. Which of course includes reading and digesting a lot of the community’s suggestions of the game balance. One of the next items on the agenda is attempting to close the level gap that occurs between attackers and defenders while still retaining roughly the same overall win/loss percentages across the different difficulties. In a number of cases, the defender’s level was often much higher than the attacker’s level, and we are looking to inch those a bit closer in a couple updates.

Here’s what we are tweaking to help defenders close that XP level gap a little bit.
    • Bunker health and damage are being increased.
    • The range of the Anti-Air is being increased at lower levels to encourage earlier use
    • Wall health is being reduced to encourage more diverse base building
    • Tent spawn rate is being increased at levels 4-7
    As games are played the matchmaking system will adjust over time to maintain roughly the same historical Win/Loss rate. This move isn’t about making Defenders win more, but making the average attacker’s ability closer to the average defender’s ability for any given XP level. Enemies will start to feel closer to your own from an XP level perspective and should deliver a more consistent experience on the battlefield. We are expecting to need to make more adjustments as these changes start so thanks in advance for settling in with us as this is worked out. We also think these changes will incentivize players to try new base layouts which should freshen up long-established strategies.

Just by playing you are helping us get the information we need to optimize the experience, but as always feel free to share your experiences and suggestions on our forums.

-GU Team

Bunker health and damage are being increased.

That's probably a good idea.

The range of the Anti-Air is being increased at lower levels to encourage earlier use

Not sure about this. I think the problem is some of cheesier bases are able to group so many of these up together. Maybe if the radius was increased but you couldn't put them so close together like you can now. People have like 3 together and its like, now what?

Wall health is being reduced to encourage more diverse base building

I don't think walls are the problem really. My base has 4 layers of walls at max level and 1 focus fire will blast through all the layers giving the opponent an assortment of munitions and cards.
    By itself its not the end all be all. I think the real problem is players sometimes abuse them with tank traps. I think tank traps should be ignored completely by the attacker's troops and be able to be moved through so long as they are unmanned. Or alternatively the attackers should be able to target the tank trap, if they can't move through them.

Tent spawn rate is being increased at levels 4-7

Not sure how I feel about that just yet. Might result in longer battles leading to timer issues, but we'll see I guess.

Now on a related note, lets talk about units. I'm really liking the Assault unit. Really focusing on playing him during this Aim High/Accuracy event. You guys have really hit the mark with this one.

As fun as the Assault unit is though, I feel he falls just short of greatness. I think both him and the Mercenary would see alot more play with some minor tweaks. I would drop the deploy cost slightly on both. How about if the Assault went from 150 to 125 and the Mercenary went from 250 to 220 or even as low as 200. You can always tweak the deploy cost till you hit the sweet spot and both units start to see alot more play, without them being priced so low that they become the most overused units either.

Comment

• SDS_Chase
      SDS_Chase commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your feedback!

• DaveTheDarkNight*PC
      Editing a comment
      Completely agree. Walls aren't really a problem, you can shred all the walls with enough troops (even the toughest in a long row), but it's the tank traps that are the problem. Troops should be able to walk through them like sandbags, but should still be able to be used as a bullet sponge. I also think assaults and mercenaries need to be buffed (mercenaries especially).They could have a much larger ammo capacity.

•Is this update only for “nightmare” bases or for white skulls also? Is this intended to hinder ones hability to make veterans by facing players against other players of the same level? Because last time I played even 2 whites are now equipped with lvl 5 perks and lots of hero perks.
    •It’s my opinion that reducing the health of walls a bad move, why give us level 7 walls just to lower their health? might as well just leave them at 6 or lower them to 5.
    •You do know that a lot of high level players make new accounts to get lots of easy AB battles, and with the intel they have on base building they can make great bases using AAs and now your giving them more range to work with? Also the increased range is only for lower level players? What do you consider “low level”? 1-20 1-30 or 1-50?
    •Bunker health and damage increase is a good move to encourage the use of them.
    •The developers seem to be concentrating more on the lower level/newer players and leaving out the higher level players. Higher level players should have more BP anf be able to unlock more structures. They should also have access to upgrade structres to higher levels than those lower than level 50. Unlockable content should be able to be unlocked after reaching certain levels that way there is difference between the levels and encourage leveling up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenpo_Kid69 View Post
      I think the real problem is players sometimes abuse them with tank traps. I think tank traps should be ignored completely by the attacker's troops and be able to be moved through so long as they are unmanned. Or alternatively the attackers should be able to target the tank trap, if they can't move through them.
      This is the #1 issue in the game, after all it's a tank trap, the word says on its own, trap for tanks and generally for vehicles, not for infantry.
      There are more issues, 400 build point bases, split paths with dead ends, Bombardiers who can shoot over low rocks, too many Anti Airs close together
      but tank trap as barrier is the ultimate overpowered issue right now.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U75_ZNd1-Yo
      Last edited by odytsak; 01-11-2018, 09:01 AM.
      http://www.youtube.com/odytsak
      http://twitter.com/odytsak
      PS4/Steam: odytsak

Comment

• SD-PEER81
        SD-PEER81 commented
        Editing a comment
        Some really good info in your vid Ody! Thanks for sharing.

• DaveTheDarkNight*PC
        Editing a comment
        Don't know about split paths, I kind of makes sense that units would check it out. And bombadiers lobbing grenadiers over rocks is alright, after all your own units can shoot back.

“Taller” units should be able to shoot over low rocks. Why should a short grunt have the same reach than a rocketeer,bombardier or other taller units? The chemist and flamer can shoot over very small cracks and over rocks that have a very small gap but nobody seems to mention that. Also why was the sniper tower nerfed so bad...it’s a TOWER and as such it should have higher range than units. The rocketeer is a very powerful attack unit that kills many units with a single shot but because it’s very self destructing in defense nobody talks of nerfing it. Commandos and MGs are also very destructive in attack but not so in defense yet there is zero talks of nerfing for them. The poor Mercs got the nerf because they were very powerful in defense, now they’re almost useless. A lot of players are leaving the game because too many nerfs to units and structures while crushing bugs keep going ignored. The blue screen had been fixed then came back...this is one of the reasons I stopped playing GU, too many random crushes and unplayable wave defends for me. I’m also very against any nerfs of any kind, nerfs are done at the request of players who find difficulty in certain base set ups against certain units. The team has made attacking so very easy now and yet people still complain of it being too difficult and want more nerfs. If a player reaches level 50 and has difficulty beating nightmares during AB is either because he got there leveling up beating easy bases and didn’t learn to attack or because he still needs to work on getting better perks.

Comment

• BAGRITTUS
        BAGRITTUS commented
        Editing a comment
        It´s so funny to see your logical thoughts about reach. Soldiers can´t attack over small rocks. Reach is not exactly what you exposed. When i see a sniper with 100% of precision shoting tree or more times to take one hit to a unit that´s behind or over a wall or other structures that defender can attack it´s really ridiculous. But like i said before, you´re right. Maybe all countries should make more "walls" turning the frontiers with small rocks. Like China made thousand year ago but with small rocks. The soldiers wiil always look and don´t shot the enemies, there´s a small rock in the way.

• DaveTheDarkNight*PC
        Editing a comment
        I agree with you on the low rocks and reach subject. I think that the deal with flamers and chemists being able to shoot through tiny cracks is a bit ridiculous, but no-one mentions it because some bases rely on it. I don't mind them being able to shoot through small gaps, but since the flame doesn't have physics, it's somehow able to pass through the walls. I think commandos and MGs are alright, their accuracy is relatively poor and they can be taken out with snipers/sharpshooters.

• Bunker health and damage are being increased.
      I think it´s a bad idea. A lot of bases abuses the bunker parcial hided that make the atackers units turn, ignoring all enemies unitis that shoting them and the results is a lot of deaths because of AI that priorize structures like bunkers and AA.

I hope the changes make me really play next season of AB. Now is totaly unbalanced and i don´t like to create smurfs to play every single one. It´s ridiculous. Probably me and other players in same situations will just see another unplayble season again.

Comment

• mendoza0206
        mendoza0206 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, Maybe the team needs to hire certain politicians to talk walls LOL which might prove too expensive to build. Back the the topic, a bombardier looks to be taller than a sniper, and bombardier,grenade launcher projectiles travel in a certain “loop” NOT straight right? So it makes sense they can send their projectiles over walls while other units need a straight line of sight to shoot. Also, a tower is not taller than units? I’m sure a tower would be at least 10 feet off the ground thus having a higher line of sight. This discussions are important to let the team know how we feel about changes/improvements they plan to make and hoping we help them create a better game for all of us to enjoy.

Why not change the riot to only shoot bunker,sniper tower and enemy first? Is it so hard to change the AI but easy to change the number of health,damage and range?
      And i think developers don't know that is a bug about ps4 players can't see the messages from pc players on alliance chat happen to EU version game

Comment

• mendoza0206
        mendoza0206 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s a good idea, no reason for riot to target AA and mortar.

Originally posted by yzh321 View Post
      And i think developers don't know that is a bug about ps4 players can't see the messages from pc players on alliance chat happen to EU version game
      Due to Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Legal Policy, cross platform Alliance chat between SIEE players and Steam users is restricted.

Comment

• Spikeygecko
        Spikeygecko commented
        Editing a comment
        This sounds like nonsense, as cross platform chat is available in other sony games, like dc universe. More likely that there is no code in gu to support it, and it would be too difficult to implement.

I don't get why I bust down the southern walls and then my troops leave and run up to the top to enter the base.

Comment

• DaveTheDarkNight*PC
        Editing a comment
        Could be either tank traps or another structure blocking the path.

• MonsterLoad*PC
        MonsterLoad*PC commented
        Editing a comment
        I figured it out. They need something else close to attack or they move away to the nearest threat, especially happens if it's just a wall with nothing nearby and then the attacked bases troops start swarming in the middle or top pathway, they move to engage. If I go with a wall that has a building or troops close by they figure it out and attack and move in like I want.

Tent spawn rate is being increased at levels 4-7

This makes the time exploit players even harder, might make them impossible to beat when more units will spawn to push and hold back, this might be good for lower levels and new players but extremely bad for higher levels

On higher levels it all becomes a time game, where running out of munition is a rare problem but running out of time becomes a common problem
      Last edited by CrazyPenguin*PC; 01-12-2018, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Bom trabalho !!!!!! 😉😉😉😉😉😉😉

Comment

Originally posted by Spikeygecko
          This sounds like nonsense, as cross platform chat is available in other sony games, like dc universe. More likely that there is no code in gu to support it, and it would be too difficult to implement.
          It's a Sony thing, it has nothing to do with Valkyrie Ent.

US and Asian GU! versions support cross platform Alliance Chat.

Comment

• Spikeygecko
            Spikeygecko commented
            Editing a comment
            DCUO is also a Sony game, but it has well established, and implemented cross platform chat. There's also an option to turn the profanity filter off, so I repeat...Why can other Sony games have cross platform chat, but not GU?

Overall seems like a good balance. I do not believe walls need to be nerfed. If anything they seem to be too easy to break and not has effective as they could be if buffed.

The only main bug/issue I have with the game for the last few months is with the paths. It makes the game too whacky and hard to control. Other than that, great improvements - the game is much more stable and fun. Thank you!

Comment

The more you update, the more rubbish the game gets. Thanks a bunch for turning a genious game concept into horse crap. That's quite the achievement. The game is so badly programmed and so full of bugs, flaws, illogical twists, cheaters and other negative factors, that it's not fun to play anymore. I've stayed around for a long while waiting for the game to be fixed, but you devs apparently doesn't have a clue as to what you are doing. I could list all the bugs, but I'm not into writing books. The list is that long.

Good riddance.

Comment

Originally posted by st4rgazer3333 View Post
              The more you update, the more rubbish the game gets. Thanks a bunch for turning a genious game concept into horse shit. That's quite the achievement. The game is so badly programmed and so full of bugs, flaws, illogical twists, cheaters and other negative factors, that it's not fun to play anymore. I've stayed around for a long while waiting for the game to be fixed, but you devs apparently doesn't have a clue as to what you are doing. I could list all the bugs, but I'm not into writing books. The list is that long.

Good riddance.
              Give us a list, at least top 5 if you don't want to spend forever on it like you say it will take. We'll let you know where we are with solving them.

Comment

• mendoza0206
                mendoza0206 commented
                Editing a comment
                How is nerfing the wall going to encourage base diversity? Please DONT nerf the wall. Strong walls is what makes diversity, many good bases use walls instead of rocks.
            Working...
            X