Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement: Pathfinding change coming in 3.40 Update!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement: Pathfinding change coming in 3.40 Update!

Attention Soldiers! The GUNS UP! team is hard at work on the next update and we wanted to give you a heads up on one of the planned changes. We have seen some comments pointing out a few bases which can exploit the AI by sending them into long treks down dead-ends or into dizzying circles. We intend to change some AI pathfinding behavior that we expect will improve many of these situations. Our goal is to continue to reward players who create clever defenses while still reducing tactics which feel unfair to attackers.

That is very promising and I applaud the team for tackling that issue, and am curious as to what you guys come up with. SD-Peer81, can u please tell me what the teams' view is on tank traps, structures acting like walls and attack card buying and recycling? My intention here is not asking if, when or how changes to these things are implemented, I am solely looking for the teams' view on these topics so the community knows how devs view the game, and what we can be lookimg forward to in the future. Thanks for your time.

Comment

• SDS_Chase
      SDS_Chase commented
      Editing a comment
      We will be looking at tank traps in order to re-evaluate how they can block paths.

• Maus_1908
      Maus_1908 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your comment. I think the pathfinding changes and possibly tank traps behaving like sand bags will enhance the gaming experiemce greatly.

• Maus_1908
      Maus_1908 commented
      Editing a comment
      And maybe if they can not have the same properties as sand bags, just letting us be able to focus fire them is enough for me. How does the rest feel about tank traps?

Great update. Please release it as soon as possible so we have a fair season.

Comment

• mendoza0206
      mendoza0206 commented
      Editing a comment
      You keep referring to “inexperienced” people...what do you consider experienced? When I say it will be easier to defeat all bases that’s what I mean because that’s what I know (10,000 + battles). I’ve seen all there is to be seen as far as pathing, hidden sniper towers, targeting the truck, low timer, etc etc. if it wasn’t for AB some of you wouldn’t have no idea of what true nightmares are or what they have been. Thanks to many of the updates things are much easier to all, and yet people still complain and demand things to be easier...if you want easier then stick to white skulls. Nightmares are supposed to be hard to beat and xploits make that possible without xploits there is no nightmares just beefed up white skulls.

hope its before alliance season

Comment

i appreciate what you do for promoting the game,i have attacked a lot of bases that depend on dispersing your troops , players use walls to make the base more complicated & make many dead-ends,
      but these steps make the base strong and annoy the attackers including myself, without we forget why there are some cards such as; focus fire, flags ,
      we can deal with this situation easily by using those cards.( just destroying the walls and use the flag, that's all )
      i think you're making the game easier than before.

Comment

• SDS_Chase
        SDS_Chase commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for your feedback. The ultimate goal here is to make sure that strong bases never feel cheap do to AI exploits.

• Rabah_1989
        Rabah_1989 commented
        Editing a comment
        @mendoza0206
        making the game easier than before means killing the spirit of strong players that have really strong bases, i remember well when they fixed -sniper tower can't shoot over the rock any more, some my friends were really disappointed and left the game for example; zzno_namezz, ...
        if we will win easily, what's the point of playing it ?

• CrazyPenguin*PC
        CrazyPenguin*PC commented
        Editing a comment
        It won't make the game easier it will just remove EXPLOITS THAT ACTUALLY MAKE THE GAME EASIER for defenders where you win 90% of the time mostly because of exploits
        There is a lot of base designs that can be used without exploits and are heavily strong

People obviously complain about developers starting to remove exploits they abused so much to make them win easy and get easy rewards.
        Problem was never in these updates, it was in unexperienced people that don't know how to play without exploits.

Things just keep getting better and better. The developers do listen and read suggestions and complaints, but as we have seen before some “fixes” can have unintended consequences in other parts of the game. I hope the next fix is the blue screen, it was already fixed a while ago but somehow managed to come back after STEAM merge.

Comment

pls can put option for open more atack packs

Comment

When are you going to fix the problem of high-priority personnel getting capped without even firing a shot? My personnel march out and get two feet from a target without shooting, and then drop dead. Where the opponents fire as soon as they get in range. Why is it that my troops only fire when fired upon, (usually too late), when their troops get off as soon as I am in range. That is on offense and defense. I need a focus fire for every asset on the battlefield, troops and installations. Would you make my troops shoot as soon as?

Comment

Although once you know to break the center path wall those bases are not as hard to win, I am VERY grateful for this correction. The path manipulation was one of the biggest annoyance to me with the game.

To the Devs, thank you for listening and making this game better. The game has improved many folds over the last 3-4 months... thank you!

Comment

• SDS_Chase
              SDS_Chase commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks general. I appreciate the kind words!

Also, why am I still a junior member. I've been playing gunsup for nearly two years!

Comment

• cusman
              cusman commented
              Editing a comment
              I think that has to do purely with number of posts in the forums here.

Also; why is it that the personnel will not fire while a rally flag is in effect? I have actually seen real people run and shoot at the same time.

Comment

Very excited to see how 3.40 will improve the situation. Any idea when 3.40 will be releasing?

The poor A.I. pathfinding still present in 3.31 is something that really breaks my immersion in the game

I mean extremely dumb illogical A.I. behavior is just highly unintuitive for a strategy game.

Comment

• idfgeneral
                idfgeneral commented
                Editing a comment
                Well said Cushman!

Hi @cusman as a Beta server member you can get a preview whenever you like.
              @GreatJobJeremy
              https://twitter.com/GreatJobJeremy

Comment

• cusman
                cusman commented
                Editing a comment
                This is true, but the Beta server doesn't match me up against bases that are designed to make AI pathfinding go kookoo

I'm waiting to see what it will give in game.
              BUT it may make the game easier, be careful...
              Last edited by IsraelysGU; 02-23-2018, 01:12 PM. Reason: I wanted to edit, dude.

Comment

Working...
              X