Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement: Special Operation: Launcher Laughs Last!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement: Special Operation: Launcher Laughs Last!

Attention soldiers! Starting on Friday, Feb. 9th @ 12pm Pacific and running until Friday, Feb. 23rd @ 12pm Pacific, Special Operation: Launcher Laughs Last will be in full swing! During this Spec Op, we’ll be rewarding a Lvl 1 Damage Perk for every 20 Structures destroyed by your Grenade Launchers! So if you haven’t had him in your line-up in a while, be sure to get your Grenade Launcher in to tip-top shape then get him out on the battlefield during Special Operation: Launcher Laughs Last in GUNS UP!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3898.png
Views:	1
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	3898
    Attached Files

I absolutely love your these events. You guys have been knocking them out of the park lately. I much prefer these long term repeat as much as you want operations as opposed to the do it one time for a bonus weekend events.

They really motivate me to play more, especially during alliance battles. I always try to incorporate the event theme into my loadout. I did it last time for assault and this time for the grenadier. And of course using Riot wasn't too terribly hard to pull off. XD

Can't say I was really a fan of the grenade launcher before the event, he just failed to impress me before. But I am now. Scored alot of points against some tough bases and that was due in part to the grenade launcher, so I'm a big fan of his now. Anyway I hope the trend for these type of events continue, as I find them to be very rewarding and fun.

Now I did have a couple of ideas for possible future repeatable events and these are more card related, not that there is anything wrong with perk related events because I love those as well.

Special Operation -

These Boots Are Made For Marching : Something grunt related, maybe like deploy 400 grunts or whatever and receive a Tactical boots card.

Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Sniper related event Do this ???? so many times and receive a Focus Fire,

The Crying Game - Chemist related event poison or kill so many units with the Chemist and receive a Tear Gas.

Anyway, keep up the good work, because you guys are doing a great job!

Comment

• SD-PEER81
      SD-PEER81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad you're digging the events KK! Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be sure to pass them along to the team for consideration.

Originally posted by Kenpo_Kid69 View Post
    The Crying Game - Chemist related event poison or kill so many units with the Chemist and receive a Tear Gas.
    Not everyone has a Chemist, but they could do something with Flamer

Comment

• Tudekiks*PC
      Tudekiks*PC commented
      Editing a comment
      ^ This, it should be something that anyone can do, without any "special" unit and so on

Originally posted by cusman View Post

Not everyone has a Chemist, but they could do something with Flamer
    Well what if the devs gave players limited time access to these units. Could give them a taste with a couple of free rentals, just enough to do the mission a few times. Maybe the option of spending gold for limited or even unlimited useage of the unit for the event.

A win win win for everyone. Players who already own it, get a nice motivator to use their different units and experiment more, leading to more variety. Players who don't own it, get hooked on these new units by getting a taste of them. And it would probably result in more gold and higher premium packs being sold as player's try to secure these units on a more permanent basis.

Comment

• cusman
      cusman commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think you can rent Hero units

The rest of what you say is valid. The main benefit of these Special Operations is to encourage diversity of play.
Working...
X