Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement: GUNS UP! Unit Tuning Changes coming in 3.50 Update!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement: GUNS UP! Unit Tuning Changes coming in 3.50 Update!

Attention soldiers! In our continued efforts to provide balanced gameplay, the GU! Team has made a few Unit Tuning Changes that will be headed to the game in the 3.50 Update! We want to thank everyone for all of your feedback and suggestions, in these regards, which has helped us to determine which adjustments would be in the best interest of keeping GU! fun and intelligible for players at every level!

Machine Gunner:
    • Reduced Deployment Cost
    Bombardier:
    • Reduced Attack Range
    • Increased Accuracy
    • Reduced AoE of Grenade
    • Reduced Deployment Cost
    Mercenary:
    • Increased Attack Range
    Sharpshooter:
    • Reduced Attack Damage
    • Reduced Attack Range

U nerved bombardier

Comment

Yes of course, the second I change to a bombardier base... not really necessary fml. Can you indicate with what percetage their AoE and range has been changed? Also: wasnt the bombardier already really cheap before compared to what you get?
      Last edited by Maus_1908; 03-13-2018, 04:11 AM.

Comment

• DREnites
        DREnites commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes they we're cheap

i think another good one would be if the engineers could fix the riot shield

Comment

The sharpshooter? Why? He wasnt strong before.. :\
        You should take a look at assault...

Comment

About Mercenary, I'd prefer more Fire Rate and Damage, it's still a useless unit with just +1 Range. It has an automatic rifle, not pistol.
          http://www.youtube.com/odytsak
          http://twitter.com/odytsak
          PS4/Steam: odytsak

Comment

I agree with Odytsak they should raise the mercenary's damage power and only with the Machine Gunner they would have put a cost-saving achievement like the rocket launcher months ago and they need to fix the bomber that fires on the rocks.

It is also time to release a new soldier since he was given many ideas about new units that are more than 1 year old that do not add a new soldier.

Comment

• DREnites
              DREnites commented
              Editing a comment
              New soldier? That would be cool!

My first impressions on these changes based purely on description
            • The Machine Gunner definitely needs a buff, but I am not sure a slight cost reduction will be sufficient to make it a viable (let alone popular) unit choice.
            • The Mercenary getting a slight buff on range is probably a net positive, but again it might be a very small buff to make a meaningful impact on popularity.
            • The Bombardier nerf is coupled with a buff. Seems the goal is to make weaker on on Defense while stronger on Offense. Hopefully these changes are successful.
            • I don't understand nerf of Sharpshooter. It was already a weak unit compared to the base Sniper.

Comment

Does the Sharpshooter really need those nerfs? He's a good unit, but I don't know if he really needed to be hit that hard.

And those changes may actually help the Bombardier. What's annoying about him is he stuns himself with his stun, which can often work to his advantage. If say you drop a Decoy on a group of Rocketeers, they'll kill themselves from their own damage. But the Bombardier will stun himself and so can survive a Decoy, maybe even two decoys. Dropping a decoy on a group of Bombardiers should be automatic death for the squad you dropped it on. Reducing their range and AOE effect could mean less effect from decoys, especially if you're trying to get them to target a structure and they still retain their ability to shoot over rocks and hit your troops. Course their is no way to know for sure without seeing it play out in a battle, but those would be my concerns with the proposed changes to them.

Comment

What about the commando? That unit stumbles around like a drunk sailor in battle, hesitates to shoot and takes forever to reload.

Comment

Please don‘t mess with my precious sharpshooter.

Comment

Mercenary and MG buffs are good, but i don't understand the Sharpshooter nerf. Why is it so rough? Just reduce his damage, but not his range. But pls do buff the Assault. Assault is still the weakest unit in the game.

Comment

I also agree with Ody. I have nothing to say on the other points of the update, but concerning the mercenaries, if you want to increase the mercenaries, increase fire rate and damage bro.

Comment

I am also concerned about the sharpshooter. WIth the right perks on the sniper is superior to the sharpshooter in most ways. As stated by Ody, the Mercs are mot useful at the moment a damage and fire rate buff would be much appreciated... The merc is too nerfed at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by cusman View Post
                          My first impressions on these changes based purely on description
                          • The Machine Gunner definitely needs a buff, but I am not sure a slight cost reduction will be sufficient to make it a viable (let alone popular) unit choice.
                          • The Mercenary getting a slight buff on range is probably a net positive, but again it might be a very small buff to make a meaningful impact on popularity.
                          • The Bombardier nerf is coupled with a buff. Seems the goal is to make weaker on on Defense while stronger on Offense. Hopefully these changes are successful.
                          • I don't understand nerf of Sharpshooter. It was already a weak unit compared to the base Sniper.
                          Just wanted to comment on a few of your points. I don't think the Machine Gunner will ever be as popular as the Commando. Commando is just overall a better unit. Machine gunner is pretty fantastic though when run with the Commando. Some players have pointed out that the Machine Gunner doesn't suffer from any start up time when he's firing and that the Commando does. I've never really noticed that as being a weakness of Commando though. Another claim is that the low accuracy on the machine gunner helps him destroy walls easier without a focus fire. Not to mention clip size, which may or may not be inferior to Commando. That would need to be tested. So he may have some intangibles that work to his favor, perhaps not. In any event though, he'll always be good as an auxillary unit for commando if nothing else.

Sharpshooter is really good scouting unit and is especially good with poison bullets. I don't see him as being under-powered in comparison to the Sniper, but I don't see him being overpowered either.

I've seen some players claim Sharpshooter is better for crowd control, which is true to an extant. But what's often overlooked is the fact the Sniper has penetration on his shots, so he can hit multiple units with a single shot. I see them being slightly different in terms of usage, but more or less same in power levels. I think its a mistake to nerf one and not the other. Personally I don't think either one needs nerfing.

Both units have fairly low health and so they need their range for the first strike it gives them. Nerfing the Sharpshooter I think is going to lead to more people running the Commando HQ Squad, which is already overused. Counter to the Commando is the Sharpshooter/Sniper so nerfing Sharpshooter swings the pendulum more into Commando's favor.

Also as good as Sharpshooter is with poison bullets, Sniper is equally OP with bloodthirst. The amount of damage the sniper does, he can practically heal himself with each shot and he never misses.

Comment

• cusman
                            cusman commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Appreciate all your input here. I never tried Sniper with Bloodthirst (which I never found much use for yet). Going to have to give that a try.

• Kumiankka98
                            Kumiankka98 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Well said. Sharpie does seem to be used lot more these days. At least high-level players use them.
                        Working...
                        X