• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Item News: GUNS UP! 2.11 Update Content Info

GUNS UP! 2.11 Update Content Info

New Heroes!

Sergeant
    • Sergeant has an aura that improves the Damage and Accuracy of the units around her.
    • Uses a semi-auto pistol to attack her enemies,
    • Costs 300 munitions during battle with a 15 second deployment cooldown.
    Colonel
    • Colonel has a special ability with a 15 second cooldown which channels a Focus Fire special on an enemy unit or structure. Only one Colonel can use his ability at a time (per team). The Colonel will prefer to use the ability on offensive structures and anti-air turrets, but will also target high value enemy units.
    • Deals massive damage with a revolver.
    • Costs 350 munitions during battle with a 20 second deployment cooldown.
    New Medals:

Added Sergeant Medal - Born Leader: 10,000,000 damage dealt by influenced units.
    Reward: Purchase Cost -15%
    Added Colonel Medal - Commanding: 10,000 kills from influenced units.
    Reward: Fire Rate +20%
    Added Commando Medal - Spin Up: Fire 500,000 bullets with the Commando.
    Reward: Reload Speed -20%
    Visual Effects Upgrades:
    To go along with the new Sergeant hero, we’ve upgraded the visual FX for units which influence other units. Units now under the effect of the Sergeant or Medic will display a colored ring indicating that they are being affected, and the Sergeant and Medic themselves will display a pulsing ring indicating their area of influence.
    By pressing the Tactical View button during battle (L1), you’ll be able to view the area of influence for all deployed Sergeant and Medic units on the field.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Colonel_Sergeant.png
Views:	1
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1080

New Command Cards!
    \\\
    Three new Air Support command cards are now available in card packs. These cards give your headquarters some firepower to fend off PVP attackers by bombarding them with Missiles, Napalm, or Bombing Run specials.
    Last Stand command cards have also been added to the rotation for the new Sergeant and Colonel heros.
    Performance and Load Time Improvements:
    With every release we spend some time trying to improve performance and load times. This release we’re happy to say we knocked off about 8 seconds on the initial load time!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Missle.png
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	1068 Click image for larger version

Name:	Napalm.png
ID:	1070 Click image for larger version

Name:	Bombing.png
ID:	1072

Economy Changes:
    • Rewards from PVP Defend should have increased substantially - with munitions reward increasing by 250%, and a lower chance of getting specials and attack cards.
    • Buy-in was reduced for all opponents.
    • Munition rewards were increased for nightmare opponents.
    Localization:
    • Initial support added for Korean and Traditional Chinese languages for a future region release.
    Tuning:
    • Opponent base difficulty ratings have changed for low level players so early bases will better match real world performance.
    Leaderboards:
    • Existing CPU Defend times have been capped at 30 minutes due to some recent exploit fixes. Play CPU Defend again with current version to achieve a better time.
    Bug Fixes:
    • Purple Splendor Trophy now unlocks correctly
      • Previously unlocked upon receipt of certain non-Legendary Cards
    • Level 1, 2, and 3 Anti-Air cannons no longer completely vanish when destroyed
    • Climbing The Ranks Trophy now unlocks correctly
      • Previously unlocked at level 24 rather than level 25
    • AI pathing issue improvements
    • Best Buds Trophy now unlocks correctly
      • Previously required fewer Friend attacks than intended
    • Replay improvements
    • Defend Report retaliation improvements
      • Previously, selecting one of multiple Defend Reports from the same player could mark all Defend Reports from that player as already retaliated against
    • Livesaver Mission now functions correctly
      • Previously counted progress for multiple Medics as opposed to one, as stated in the Mission
    • Dog Tags now display correctly in Live Tiles and on the website
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SD-PEER81; 06-06-2016, 04:31 PM.

Wow! Good job ..

Comment

More daily logins! I'm coming up to 100 days soon

Comment

Nice update
        Can't wait for the base reset option

Comment

I was very enthusiastic about this patch and new units but then I saw this: "Colonel has a special ability with a 15 second cooldown which channels a Focus Fire special on an enemy unit or structure." - Do I understand correctly that this unit will be casting Focus Fire EVERY 15 SECONDS affecting units around him (basically meaning all the units as all the units move in 1 massive group most of the time)? Seriously guys? :O

Comment

There are a few more constraints than that, so in practice he doesn't necessarily use it every 15 seconds. The colonel needs visibility to the target within a limited range, and he won't target any of the low-cost units like Grunts or Assault. He's very effective, but also needs to be used carefully as the ability isn't worth the cost in all scenarios! This is the first unit we've added which has a special ability like this, and we think he offers more strategic decisionmaking than many of the other units.

Comment

Ok first impression: those pulsing circles around the medic is just visually annoying. It doesn't help that I knew the extent of his healing aura since I can't control his actions anyway (e.g. guide him so his aura touches injured units- this is not like usual RTS games) and those rings around units being healed are redundant. We already have the healing cross sign above their heads which is already enough. I think it's better to keep this visual as a toggled thing (and we now have that too anyway).

Comment

Base reset please!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOohDXAnZ_w

"He's very effective", my point exactly. PVP was already made somewhat cheesy being able to take 5 Focus Fire cards into a single battle. Now you just plain killed it

Comment

When you got Colonel and play with him you will understand that beck_vke_np is right.

Originally posted by beck_vke_np View Post
                    There are a few more constraints than that, so in practice he doesn't necessarily use it every 15 seconds. The colonel needs visibility to the target within a limited range, and he won't target any of the low-cost units like Grunts or Assault. He's very effective, but also needs to be used carefully as the ability isn't worth the cost in all scenarios! This is the first unit we've added which has a special ability like this, and we think he offers more strategic decisionmaking than many of the other units.
                    http://www.youtube.com/odytsak
                    PS4/Steam: odytsak

Comment

I'm biased obviously but I really like the medic circle because it makes it much easier to keep track of them in a mass of units and also to spot them and take them out when they're on the other team.

That's a great video Odytsak! I'm not sure it says the Colonel is OP because of how the round is being player but if it turns out it is we'll tune it. We've had some time to play around with there's always a chance our first try is off. We'll keep an eye on it.

Comment

When you are in High level bases with rocks, trees, walls lvl 6 and it's hard to move, the Colonel is almost useless,
                        he dies before reaching clear view (or 21 range).

Comment

Still....did the update satisfied your needs? Mine?...not so much... the green circles are useless. the card packs are very expensive...if you reach level 44 or higher and don`t buy gold its quite hard to get better. i recommand that players should get epic/legendary/hero card/ as prize for: beating a great opponent or setting a new record on the leaderboard in CPU defend. I play this game for 6 months now and i made a huge progres without money. If you don t want to loose good players because you dont reward them then dont!!!!!

Comment

I haven't been getting any valor to unlock my two new soldiers. is anybody else experiencing this if you are at level50?

The 10,000 kills by influence units for the Col. is going to take forever I think I'm getting three or four per battle. Whoever thinks of these challenges might not actually play this game. The quad killed by the Rocketeer took me more than two months of playing every day.

Other than that thanks for the update it's very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by theAskACapper View Post
                              I haven't been getting any valor to unlock my two new soldiers. is anybody else experiencing this if you are at level50?

The 10,000 kills by influence units for the Col. is going to take forever I think I'm getting three or four per battle. Whoever thinks of these challenges might not actually play this game. The quad killed by the Rocketeer took me more than two months of playing every day.

Other than that thanks for the update it's very cool.
                              Can you post a screenshot with Sergeant?

I opened 7 epic packs and i 've spent all my gold for 4 legendary packs but i got only the Colonel.

Comment

Working...
                              X