X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploits that need to be fixed

1) Opponent upgraded his HQ to max and your truck starts from farthest back possible, he did not build any defense at all only it was a straight path right to his HQ and right next to his HQ is the entire defense (sandbags, towers, all units). He did placed only barbed wire all over the map to slow your units down. Here is the problem. You got only 3-4 minutes ! By the time your units reach his defense back you are left with less then 2 minutes and the truck moves very slow giving your units great distance to move near his defense in time. His defense near HQ is maxed and I was able to reach his defense with my second wave being left with under 1 minute and I did not have time to destroy the HQ

This opponent knew he had small amount of time and builded his base based on that so you are going to 100% run out of time if you don't have a run perk equipped or Berserk card

HQ upgrade should mean you should be given more time to attack. His HQ is maxed and you have only 3-4 minutes. This needs to be fixed. As this is not really fair fight giving you 100% loss if you don't bring Berserker card, run perk or enough rally flags

About his defense system: His HQ spawned heavy units every 40 sec (Rambo) to push you back and he had Riots on sandbags to waste your time same as Grunt tents to spam as much units to waste time. Barbed wire all over the map and only 3-4 minutes to attack him. Half that time goes by to just reach him. If I knew I would spawn all heavy units right away but I could not possibly know that this was the case. So I spawned grunts to check out and by the time my 2nd wave (full attack) reached him I was already in a 1 minute mark and by the time you destroy his riots and towers its all over no time to destroy the HQ (no I did not had focus fire)

2) Sniper placement exploit to prevent Truck from moving forward. The way the place their Sniper towers (lowest level because it does not shoot at anyone) is they put it next to a Tree, and surround it by maxed out walls. Now your units can't fire at those towers because the way it is placed the Tree and walls are not giving you a open spot for your units to see and shoot. But your Truck does not want to move because of that sniper tower. Even the Sniper tower can't shoot at anything. And they place multiple sniper towers like this so you are not able to brake all because you will waste a lot of specials on one. Truck should move forward since even my units are not getting shoot by the Sniper. But the Truck seems to not process that.

for the number 1 I think time is calculated by the power amount of your base, more power = more time, so he did not place much of anything to reduce power as low as possible to give less time as possible to the attacker so he can win always by opponent running out of time

Comment

• Nihilism*PC
      Nihilism*PC commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I've seen it's build points used, not base power. Under 400 build points used = 5min 30sec. The more you add to that number, the more time a person has to hit your base. The further out any structure is in your base, the further out the enemy truck spawns. That's why some of the hardest bases in the game are still very low base power. The use of riots to burn time, while annoying, is hardly impossible to beat. Bombards have much less health but are far more likely to stalemate you and/or just kill all your guys and burn all your muni.

• CrazyPenguin*PC
      CrazyPenguin*PC commented
      Editing a comment
      By power I ment build points (the blue shield that gives you how much you can place). I did not word it well.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 Minecraft, jogo mais fácil.

Comment

Occasionally the person will have a anti-air tower partially protected by walls and even though my troops are attacking it in mass, without my direction and without a wall blocking their line of sight to it. It can take an incredibly long amount of time to take out what should have been an easy target. This is clearly intentional as the opponent is mowing down your troops while a large portion is focused on trying to take the anti-air tower down and doing a really poor job of it. If you have decoys or multiple tear gas you're fine, but if not, it can completely shut your army down.

The troops actually get between the walls protecting the AA tower and are literally right next to the tower, but not really doing much damage? The one potential positive of this is you'll get a ton of veterans if you survive, including silver and gold ones. It is a bit odd though that so many troops at point blank range, struggle so much with an AA tower.

Comment

• SD-PEER81
        SD-PEER81 commented
        Editing a comment
        Next time you come across this setup could you please provide me with a vid of this occurring? The setup itself doesn't sound so bad to me I'm more intrigued as to why the AA in this specific setup would prove so difficult for the troops to destroy. Thanks K!

• cusman
        cusman commented
        Editing a comment
        This weird thing happening now and again been around for a while. Can be great for training Veterans. I didn't realize people were purposely designing / using this as a strategy. That's pretty wicked.

Originally posted by CrazyPenguin*PC View Post
      1) Opponent upgraded his HQ to max and your truck starts from farthest back possible, he did not build any defense at all only it was a straight path right to his HQ and right next to his HQ is the entire defense (sandbags, towers, all units). He did placed only barbed wire all over the map to slow your units down. Here is the problem. You got only 3-4 minutes ! By the time your units reach his defense back you are left with less then 2 minutes and the truck moves very slow giving your units great distance to move near his defense in time. His defense near HQ is maxed and I was able to reach his defense with my second wave being left with under 1 minute and I did not have time to destroy the HQ

This opponent knew he had small amount of time and builded his base based on that so you are going to 100% run out of time if you don't have a run perk equipped or Berserk card

HQ upgrade should mean you should be given more time to attack. His HQ is maxed and you have only 3-4 minutes. This needs to be fixed. As this is not really fair fight giving you 100% loss if you don't bring Berserker card, run perk or enough rally flags

About his defense system: His HQ spawned heavy units every 40 sec (Rambo) to push you back and he had Riots on sandbags to waste your time same as Grunt tents to spam as much units to waste time. Barbed wire all over the map and only 3-4 minutes to attack him. Half that time goes by to just reach him. If I knew I would spawn all heavy units right away but I could not possibly know that this was the case. So I spawned grunts to check out and by the time my 2nd wave (full attack) reached him I was already in a 1 minute mark and by the time you destroy his riots and towers its all over no time to destroy the HQ (no I did not had focus fire)

2) Sniper placement exploit to prevent Truck from moving forward. The way the place their Sniper towers (lowest level because it does not shoot at anyone) is they put it next to a Tree, and surround it by maxed out walls. Now your units can't fire at those towers because the way it is placed the Tree and walls are not giving you a open spot for your units to see and shoot. But your Truck does not want to move because of that sniper tower. Even the Sniper tower can't shoot at anything. And they place multiple sniper towers like this so you are not able to brake all because you will waste a lot of specials on one. Truck should move forward since even my units are not getting shoot by the Sniper. But the Truck seems to not process that.
      1) Based on your post it sounds like this base type is not impossible to defeat but extremely difficult without the right card combination. Its understandable how this can be frustrating but I think many of us, myself included, fall into a rhythm where we utilize the same attack strategy multiple times and it proves effective for us over and over again but then we run into a different kind of defensive strategy and our "tried and true" attack strategy is no longer effective, at least against that particular base's strategy. Knowing what you know now, if you did bring the right set of cards or got the right special drops could you beat that type of base?

2) Don't think I've ran into this one before! Could please provide me with a video or some screenshots of this setup so that I can get them over to the team to take a look at? Thanks.

Comment

• CrazyPenguin*PC
        Editing a comment
        For the number 1 exploit

Only way I could have beaten it was

1) I had many rally flags
        2) I had berserker card equipped
        3) I had run perk equipped
        4) I deployed all my heavy best units right on the start

None of these 4 I could predict that I would need because out of 1000+ matches this is the first time I saw this. It took me by surprise

1) I deployed few grunts (1st wave) to explore the field. Once I saw his HQ defense half of the time passed by
        2) By the time my real full attack (2nd wave) reached his base (because truck was still far behind so units needed to travel far again) I have been left with less then 1 minute of time
        3) His riots made me waste more time and I ran out of that 1 minute I had left
        4) I don't remember exactly but I think I had 3:45 minutes when I started

Suggestion: If HQ is leveled up then by default add extra 1 minute to the attackers time

This is not really fair way to lose because he literally had no defense except Riots and Grunts to make you waste time. While we bust our heads thinking and managing our base, grinding for munition and items to give best defense this guy placed almost nothing and wins by people running out of time.

Now for the 2nd exploit

Here is the example since I was too frustrated to remember to take a screenshot

https://imgur.com/wYR3vlP

The Sniper Towers are not far away from the Tree they are right next to it surrounded by walls. But the Snipers don't shoot at your units because their line of sight is blocked. Same for your units they don't see the Sniper Tower they just pass around it and don't shoot at it. The tower is in range because its placed right next to the Tree. And the Truck refuses to move forward because of these snipers. He had 3 Sniper towers placed like this. You need to waste all your specials busting out those walls to destroy a low level Sniper Tower and hope you get more to get all of them for your Truck to move. And then you have no specials for an actual attack.
        Last edited by CrazyPenguin*PC; 12-14-2017, 02:55 PM.

• CrazyPenguin*PC
        Editing a comment
        I also want to add on this I saw people notice this and they started to re-create their own Sniper Tower exploit by placing a low level (lvl 1 Sniper Tower) far away as they can build and surround it completely by walls (no trees, no rocks just walls). But this did not work because the Truck was able to move and pass by it. Because there was no gap at all. I guess the Tree and Rocks combined with walls make a little tiny gap just enough for the Truck to detect that Sniper has a gap he can shoot it from. But the gap is so small the Sniper can't shoot neither can your units at the Sniper

Last edited by mendoza0206; 12-14-2017, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• RolexHoster
        RolexHoster commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes you look like a beginner your tags are way to low

• RolexHoster
        RolexHoster commented
        Editing a comment
        Also 5mins30 is minimum time to attack.... You did not used right cards....

• CrazyPenguin*PC
        Editing a comment
        Time was 3:45 read the discussion why ! Who is talking about cards !? Read the damn discussion ! My God people do you need google translate ?

Beginner 170+ hours played all units unlocked yeah right....get real for a moment....seems that you don't know the definition of word beginner
        Last edited by CrazyPenguin*PC; 12-15-2017, 12:02 AM.

Here is one example of Sniper exploit I mentioned but using rocks not trees. Take a look at the screenshot. First 2 Sniper towers don't even shoot at units at all because their shooting sight is blocked but my Transport Truck won't move because of these Snipers and my units won't shoot at these snipers so I can't get rid of them unless I waste a lot of air specials which in many cases you won't have enough for this

Also another thing I want to talk about (about time exploit)

50% of the time I come across a defense with 5:30 - 6:00 minutes time and all they have is Bombers or Snipers placed with 2 Sniper Towers and 2-4 AA Guns, and walls that create maze and cover those Bombers from shooting sight. This is IMPOSSIBLE to beat unless you have 3-4 Focus Fire and what are the chances of getting that in 5 minutes even knowing what you will face to bring them. This base wins every match by opponent running of time. This time exploit will make this game experience repetitive because base design look always the same with minimum tower placement and mostly Bombers and Snipers holding of chokepoints for short 5-6 minutes while your Transport Truck starts from furthest as possible making you waste every valuable minute you have.

Simple solution: Add 1 minute to attack for each HQ upgrade

Also some create a "blind ally" with walls to make your moronic AI go in there and then turn back around all the way wasting huge time

If this does not get fixed I will quit this game eventually as well, I don't need to spend my time frustrating myself on opponents that abuse broken game mechanic exploits to win
      Last edited by CrazyPenguin*PC; 12-19-2017, 01:54 AM.

Comment

This makes big bases even easier, it's a solution to small frustrating bases but also a problem for big ones. Anything can be beaten if you have 13-15 min.

Comment

Here is one example of Sniper exploit I mentioned but using rocks not trees. Take a look at the screenshot. First 2 Sniper towers don't even shoot at units at all because their shooting sight is blocked but my Transport Truck won't move because of these Snipers and my units won't shoot at these snipers so I can't get rid of them unless I waste a lot of air specials which in many cases you won't have enough for this

Also another thing I want to talk about (about time exploit)

50% of the time I come across a defense with 5:30 - 6:00 minutes time and all they have is Bombers or Snipers placed with 2 Sniper Towers and 2-4 AA Guns, and walls that create maze and cover those Bombers from shooting sight. This is IMPOSSIBLE to beat unless you have 3-4 Focus Fire and what are the chances of getting that in 5 minutes even knowing what you will face to bring them. This base wins every match by opponent running of time. This time exploit will make this game experience repetitive because base design look always the same with minimum tower placement and mostly Bombers and Snipers holding of chokepoints for short 5-6 minutes while your Transport Truck starts from furthest as possible making you waste every valuable minute you have.

Also some create a "blind ally" with walls to make your moronic AI go in there and then turn back around all the way wasting huge time

If this does not get fixed I will quit this game eventually as well, I don't need to spend my time frustrating myself on opponents that abuse broken game mechanic exploits to win
          At the higher end of AB most of the battles are against 5:30 bases using bombardier with iron lungs. There is maybe 3-4 configurations that need to be learned to be broken. In 2 minutes after the “all in” attack starts those battles are over, either you win because you chose the right tactic or most your units are dead and you’re left with just a few grunt squads. Experienced players know how to break most pathing xploits because we have seen almost all there is to be seen. There has to be winners and loosers and without true nightmares there will only be winnner attackers and loser defenders.

Comment

• CrazyPenguin*PC
            Editing a comment
            So you show me a video of exactly the same base design being beaten by bringing in 4 Focus Fire Cards....and now you tell me its about choosing the right tactic.

This is what you said in comment on another topic quote: "Look at the top 20 monthly leader boards and point out which of those you beat with one focus fire"

You obviously keep talking about Focus Fire being crucial but now you disagree with me for saying literally the same thing. Which on is it ? Focus Fire or tactics ?
            Last edited by CrazyPenguin*PC; 12-19-2017, 07:29 PM.

I've faced bases like this and I just wasn't prepared for it. Sometimes they have a weaker wall that two specials, or even one, can take out which renders the whole thing worthless. I tend to go into every battle with at least randomized cards so I have something in my arsenal to deal with that. I also only use 5-10 grunts for exploring, more than that and you have to wait for them to die before you spawn your main force which isn't always idea.

Comment

• CrazyPenguin*PC
            Editing a comment
            We are not facing the same types then. Walls on these are maxed out

@Penguin How many experienced players' videos have you watched so far? names? How do you expect to deal with all types of bases without having seen enough? There is NO base that is unwinnable. Sometimes few ones might be(with trash special drops) but still not most of the time. When SD-peer asks you what was the card combination that would beat that base you say berserker... that proves you haven't seen much except your own experience which is still small. Stop being so arrogant thinking you know it all already. Adjust. Learn. See hard bases as a challenge and if you lose with a greater experience in the game, your win rate vs the hardest bases matters in the long run (as in every RNG involving game). Not individual losses.

PS I have nothing personal with you. It's the certainty and absoluteness that you talk about some things like you are the master of the game that occasionally bothers me. It's good to see people interested in the game and its improvement, like you. However you have to accept criticism if it's backed by logical points. Also keep in mind what is logical(closer to a more broadly undisputable reality) is often relative to the number of perspectives you have experienced something.
          Last edited by Delusion*PC; 12-19-2017, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• CrazyPenguin*PC
            Editing a comment
            Not what you said in other topic....you said that bombardier design bases are impossible to beat without bringing focus fire and you wanted that focus fire drop rate increases because of this reason now you tell the other story

I am literally saying what you guys said and now you disagree with your own theory

I did not said anything about Berserk card on this type of design I said Berserk card on a completely different type of design which by far not even similar to the last exploit I mentioned about Bombardiers and 5:30 time (2 completely different exploits). Again you fail to read and understand the discussion before you make a comment going way off topic again

Reporting exploits and problems is not "talking about things like I master of the game". It is reporting exploits and problems

Delusion you are just here to personally attack me. Even if I say "Delusion you are right" you would probably say "NO you are not skilled you don't know anything". Every time you make a comment it completely misses the topic and just goes on about how "unexperienced I am what do I know". Every single comment you direct to me is basically this "You are lower level then me, you have no skill, you don't know anything, you must be wrong" no matter what the topic is about even if I talk about cats your respond would be that

I mean you really live up to your username
            Last edited by CrazyPenguin*PC; 12-19-2017, 07:17 PM.

• Delusion*PC
            Delusion*PC commented
            Editing a comment
            Berserk is useless af, get something like decoy/ff/flag/boots/paratroopers in its place. It's also better to recycle as a rare. Anyway I should stop talking cause you are offended by everything and all you see is people showing off their "experience"...

• CrazyPenguin*PC
            Editing a comment
            @Delusion

Again I did not mentioned Berserk card at all in my Bombardier (5:30min) defense exploit I posted earlier the one we are discussing right now. You brought that up out of nowhere. I am not offended by everything I am just annoyed with you talking nonsense about things that are NOT EVEN PART OF THE TOPIC ! You keep talking about how I am wrong when you obviously have no clue wtf is the discussion about

Here is another Sniper exploit I mentioned earlier but this one is way worst then the one I mentioned

Take a look at the screenshots

First my units pass by this sniper tower not noticing it at all, not shooting at it and the sniper tower does not even shoot at my units as well...so I though ok just another sniper exploit to hold my truck back

But no....this one gets worst....look at my transport truck he stops right in front of sniper towers range and gets shoot and destroyed easily without giving me a single chance in attacking this base

How could I possibly know that this would happen to bring enough air specials or focus fire to destroy walls to prevent this sniper from destroying my truck when I can't see what I am up against in base design before I deploy units on battlefield

This game has become exploit abuse gameplay instead of a fair fight....I don't mind losing to a well defended, good base or by my own mistakes but losing because of a stupid exploit is just frustrating and keeps me on the edge of unistalling this game

Attachment
          Attached Files
          Last edited by CrazyPenguin*PC; 12-19-2017, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Delusion*PC
            Delusion*PC commented
            Editing a comment
            >>>By your logic every strat that surprises you and beats you is an exploit/problem...

• CrazyPenguin*PC
            Editing a comment
            @Delusion

Not sure how you came across that conclusion out of this but you obviously have a problem understanding English language

@CrazyPenguin
          Nobody is out there to get you, but this has been in GU for a looong time now. Just because you bring 4-5 Focus Fire don’t mean your gonna win, you still need to have a tactic to beat each base you come against. Even bringing 4 Focus Fire, you might not get a single decoy so focus fire is not enough.

Comment

• CrazyPenguin*PC
            Editing a comment
            Did I ever say bringing 4 focus fire will guarantee you a win on this type of base I mentioned earlier ? No I did not, I said you need at least that to have a chance

Now here is the problem I am having with you and Delusion guy. Every time I report a problem or talk about in game mechanics you 2 guys turn the discussion around into "You have little dog tags, how much videos do you watch, you are low level, you have no skill, I am experienced you are not, I am higher level then you, ect." not really explaining anything. This is what your comments sound like and do you see how egoistic this is ? Its fine to say to me how you do it or what to do and discuss the issue but when you twist the conversation about the game directly to my experience and what I know and what I don't then it becomes personal

It does not matter if it has been a problem for a long time there is a lot of people that don't own PS4 or don't play it on PS4 they started when Steam release came on PC which is not a long time. And if the problem exits for so long that is definitely worrying about this game future. Still a good thing is to keep notifying devs about these problems
            Last edited by CrazyPenguin*PC; 12-19-2017, 08:00 PM.
        Working...
        X